Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby garyman6 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:13 am

valleyfairfanatic wrote:
garyman6 wrote:
CaptainUnknown wrote:The Riptide removal rumors are as persistent as Excalibur removal rumors. I hope it's true, but until we get a formal announcement/Pictures of actual demolition, I'm not exactly willing to hold my breath.

Screamscape is reporting today that they have confirmed the removal of Riptide! It was removed last year at the close of the season! So that spot opening up along with the arcade area on the north side, that Mr. Frazier told me they wanted to demo, opens up a pretty large area for something! Any ideas???

Mr. Frazier has not worked at the park in over a year. Whatever he said before may not be relevant to the park today because it is a completely different management.

Not entirely true! Yes, local management at Valleyfair is different. But Mr. Frazier told me many times that he only had so much say in what happened at the park. It was and I'm sure still is corporate management that makes most of the decisions!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby RCjunkie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:24 pm

One of my earlier posts was about a $120,000 buildng permit for a Coke Refresh station at VF. Just checked again and now there is a building permit for plumbing valued at $16,000 where the project name is 76 COKE REFRESH so the Route 76 area is getting a Coke Refresh station it looks like. Can’t imagine one Coke Refresh station is $120,000 so I expect to see them placing a couple more of these around the park in area’s that have the plumbing infrastructure in place already. Should help with souvenir drink bottle sales.
DBBBFE46-95C1-4D78-AEB5-CA7476EDD26E.png
Building permit for Valleyfair.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Swishtime101 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:53 pm

RCjunkie wrote:One of my earlier posts was about a $120,000 buildng permit for a Coke Refresh station at VF. Just checked again and now there is a building permit for plumbing valued at $16,000 where the project name is 76 COKE REFRESH so the Route 76 area is getting a Coke Refresh station it looks like. Can’t imagine one Coke Refresh station is $120,000 so I expect to see them placing a couple more of these around the park in area’s that have the plumbing infrastructure in place already. Should help with souvenir drink bottle sales.

Man when are they ever going to get a coke freestyle station instead of the refresh ones? :roll:

Postby RCjunkie » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:28 am

^ I hear you, but your asking a lot. This isn't CP. ;) Seriously, you think CF could throw the smaller parks in the chain a bone and get them a few Coke FreeStyle machines since they have a chain wide contract with Coca-Cola.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:34 am

I was at the park last week to drop off some work papers and I can confirm after seeing the area with my own eyes that RipTide has indeed been removed. R.I.P. RipTide.

Also saw that the BDB (associate cafeteria) is getting a facelift.
BDB.jpg
Photo from VF's Twitter.
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - RipCord/Northern Lights/Antique Autos

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:37 pm

Sayonara Riptide. I just hope BDB keeps the Otis Spunkmeyer cookies with the remodel.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 104 (21 wood/83 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby Bzurn » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:20 pm

Wonders what’s gonna happen to that spot!

Postby VF15 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:29 pm

Looks like High Roller has received a lot of retracking towards the end of the ride. Looking good. :)

Photos from VF’s Twitter.
301B4FE6-777D-4190-81AD-746C281F7672.jpeg
9FD3F42A-7BFE-421E-9A86-6C096AEBEC7D.jpeg
73D06491-F43C-4B38-8C33-1B665D7457C4.jpeg
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - RipCord/Northern Lights/Antique Autos

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:04 am

Oh wow, that looks like new wood all the way down. Very exciting!
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby RCjunkie » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:58 am

VF15 wrote:Looks like High Roller has received a lot of retracking towards the end of the ride. Looking good. :)

Retracking? Looks more like a total rebuild of that section. =) Your right on it looking good, no complaints from me for trying to improve a ride's quality. Now I am looking forward to riding it in five weeks. With that much new wood do you think they will paint it? Or just leave it like the other section they did last year after the second hill going into the turnaround? A fresh coat of paint on HR would be nice.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!