TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

If people think it will be a general improvement year then what do you think the Mississippi poster tease is for?

That really isn't the critic's job to figure out to be honest. The burden of proof is on whoever is claiming that it is for Valleyfair

I don't disagree with you and I doubt Valleyfair is getting anything big, or even anything at all. If the Mississippi poster is not for VF I wonder where it is for especially because VF is the only cedar fair park on/in the Mississippi

I have not been to the park in a while, does anyone know if they fixed the holding brake on Steel Venom yet?

They're waiting on a part according to the rumor I heard.

Unfortunately, nope.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully that rumor is true and they are trying to fix it. We already have one Vertical Velocity in the Midwest.

A high level manager told me what the Mississippi poster means:

A new RMC Raptor for Worlds of Fun.

The clues are all in the poster:

1. Here is the original poster and coordinates:

2. The first clue in the poster refers to passage across the Mississippi. The origin is Cedar Fair headquarters at Sandusky OH. Crossing the Mississippi, you have 4 parks: Knotts, CGA, WOF, and VF

3. Knotts and CGA received coasters last year. That leaves World of Fun and Valleyfair.

4. The second clue is from the coordinates. They are: 37.8399 N 77.4442 W, 37.3984 N 121.9752 W, or Kings Dominion and CGA, respectively.

5. A weighted average of these 2 coordinates gives: 37.61915 N 99.7097 W. This location is surprisingly close to World of Fun, which is 39.1767 N 94.4867 W, and certainly much closer than to Valleyfair.

6. Finally, the mine train refers to a smaller coaster: an RMC raptor.

Aside from the fact that averaging coordinates is stupid and that this guy is clearly lying about being told this by a "high level manager," the average is NOT anywhere near Worlds of Fun. Put it into Google Maps, and it's the middle of nowhere a bit southeast of Dodge City, Kansas. Or in other words, close to the geographic centre of the United States, because of course it is. This same sh*t was posted in the Worlds of Fun thread too. It's pathetic. Let's move along.

Aside from the fact that averaging coordinates is stupid and that this guy is clearly lying about being told this by a "high level manager," the average is NOT anywhere near Worlds of Fun. Put it into Google Maps, and it's the middle of nowhere a bit southeast of Dodge City, Kansas. Or in other words, close to the geographic centre of the United States, because of course it is. This same sh*t was posted in the Worlds of Fun thread too. It's pathetic. Let's move along.

^ God, we so have to hang out again soon.

I heard from a very high manager what the teaser posters mean. The Mississippi poster means that Cedar Fair is moving all their parks across the Mississippi. The poster about the crossing the border means that they will go to China to buy new Togos. And the number five poster means the son of beast will build all these new Togos

I heard from a very high manager what the teaser posters mean. The Mississippi poster means that Cedar Fair is moving all their parks across the Mississippi. The poster about the crossing the border means that they will go to China to buy new Togos. And the number five poster means the son of beast will build all these new Togos

Makes sense

A high level manager told me what the Mississippi poster means:

A new RMC Raptor for Worlds of Fun.

The clues are all in the poster:

1. Here is the original poster and coordinates:

2. The first clue in the poster refers to passage across the Mississippi. The origin is Cedar Fair headquarters at Sandusky OH. Crossing the Mississippi, you have 4 parks: Knotts, CGA, WOF, and VF

3. Knotts and CGA received coasters last year. That leaves World of Fun and Valleyfair.

4. The second clue is from the coordinates. They are: 37.8399 N 77.4442 W, 37.3984 N 121.9752 W, or Kings Dominion and CGA, respectively.

5. A weighted average of these 2 coordinates gives: 37.61915 N 99.7097 W. This location is surprisingly close to World of Fun, which is 39.1767 N 94.4867 W, and certainly much closer than to Valleyfair.

6. Finally, the mine train refers to a smaller coaster: an RMC raptor.

Please refrain from making ridiculous predictions on Theme Park Review under the ruse that someone important ever spoke to you. Thank You

Breaking News: Well at least for me anyway! I will be working at ValleyScare this year in Dark Harvest! I'm making a prediction, the Dark Harvest crew will put all other mazes to shame! There you have it! I think the Dark Harvest Maze will be over where the new record breaking B&M invert will be!

I spoke to the high level manager again.

He told me he made a mistake before, but now he knows for sure:

Valley Fair is getting an RMC Raptor next year. The Wave will be removed, and the Raptor which will be named Mississippi Marauder will replace the Wave and the spot of the Riptide.

So that way when Park guests enter, the first thing they see is the Mississippi Marauder. Then later on, Dino's will be replaced by a front gate B&M, so then Valley Fair will have an intamin, gci, rmc, and b&m.

This also removes the water rides at the front (riptide, wave), so that all the water will be at the back.