TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Looks like High Roller has received a lot of retracking towards the end of the ride. Looking good.

Retracking? Looks more like a total rebuild of that section. Your right on it looking good, no complaints from me for trying to improve a ride's quality. Now I am looking forward to riding it in five weeks. With that much new wood do you think they will paint it? Or just leave it like the other section they did last year after the second hill going into the turnaround? A fresh coat of paint on HR would be nice.

Looks like High Roller has received a lot of retracking towards the end of the ride. Looking good.

Retracking? Looks more like a total rebuild of that section. Your right on it looking good, no complaints from me for trying to improve a ride's quality. Now I am looking forward to riding it in five weeks. With that much new wood do you think they will paint it? Or just leave it like the other section they did last year after the second hill going into the turnaround? A fresh coat of paint on all of High Roller would be welcome.

I was at the park last week to drop off some work papers and I can confirm after seeing the area with my own eyes that RipTide has indeed been removed. R.I.P. RipTide.

Also saw that the BDB (associate cafeteria) is getting a facelift.

*sheds a tear*

Am I the only one that didn't mind what it looked like before? First the timeclock shed and now this!?

Just kidding, I'm being overly critical of this since it is my fifth season working there XD. Is anyone else working this year?

The park website has been updated with this year's entertainment offerings. Of note:

-Amphitheater is not being regularly used, but the Harlem Globetrotters are coming in for a weekend--they'll likely play here.

-A dog stunt show is being played in Galaxy. First time in a few years the Galaxy will be used on a regular basis.

The map is also live. Other than Delirious, the relocation of Tilter, and the removal of RipTide, I don't notice anything noticeably different.

It looks like Riptide has been replaced with a small building, possible the rumored Panda Express. Also building 7 and 8 are no longer shown on the new map.

where did u find the 2018 map?

When you go to the following link and scroll down past the area map until you see what's in the pic below and click on "Download Park Map".

https://www.valleyfair.com/explore/directions

vfmap.thumb.JPG.8d6877f2accd983bfe3daf81cda61164.JPG

^

I'm guessing it could be due to delayed ride testing. All of the rides must have a certain number of pre-season test cycles on them before they are certified to open to the public. With the cold temps and snow we've received in recent weeks they may be behind schedule and might not have enough time to get everything fully ready by that weekend.

I'm calling BS. Not even meteorologists know the weather 3 weeks out. Whatever the reason is for calling this off, it absolutely isn't weather.

Probably has to do with the two feet of snow that is still falling.

new for 2019??

Source of info? This seems to directly resemble the ride from MoA too much for it to go to VF. Notice the roofing in the background as well as the symbol on the car itself. Who put this together? Not a very reliable image in my opinion.

I'm calling BS. Not even meteorologists know the weather 3 weeks out. Whatever the reason is for calling this off, it absolutely isn't weather.

Yeah, it wouldn't have anything to do with the below freezing temps we had for multiple days this week or the 15 inches of snow we just got the last two days to delay testing of the rides before preview day.

2032822394_TheStupidItBurns.png.37e3c6e825da0387def99a1f9cc69e6a.png

For those who comment yet no know nothing of the current conditions at a park.

Anyone know when the area schools start and stop going to valleyfair for their end of the school year trips? I've been there in previous years on June 5th and 10th and in both cases the park was dead except for a bazillion buss loads of teens. I'm going to be in the area on June 2nd and wondering if Fri June 1st will be school kid day. If it is, I might be better off just doing Saturday the 2nd.

Anyone know when the area schools start and stop going to valleyfair for their end of the school year trips? I've been there in previous years on June 5th and 10th and in both cases the park was dead except for a bazillion buss loads of teens. I'm going to be in the area on June 2nd and wondering if Fri June 1st will be school kid day. If it is, I might be better off just doing Saturday the 2nd.
both days will be pretty pack but I would say Saturday is your best bet.

Went to VF today to process the season pass and saw that the north end parking lot is about 1/3 flooded. That is JUST the north end parking lot (not the main lot), the one to the right of the the main turn in road is the flooded one. They have it coned off but it doesn't look too bad, definitely not as bad as three years ago. I could not see the back of the park of course so I have no idea about what that looks like. Delirious looks good right up front as you drive up to the park entrance. The Route 76 area in the last 5 years has dramatically changed for the better. On the way out I just took a couple of shots of the new Delirious to share.

IMG_1696.thumb.jpg.6fa6585a8e05a2224f7b82232136678a.jpg

The new Delirious in all its purple glory. Get ready to LOOP-DEE-LOOP!

IMG_1698.thumb.jpg.238d32971f9a93ec85fda3c8b4b424bc.jpg

Here can see how close the queue line for Delirious is to the Steel Venom one. Those new trees need some leaves but that takes sun.

IMG_1699.thumb.jpg.b8838598a26ddfc6caeab08b3ba782e0.jpg

Just a little wider angle of Delirious and SV.