TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I'm asking my coaster bretheren for a little help. We are looking at two different options for a long weekend in early October.

We have our CF Platinum so were looking at:

Valleyfair & Mall Of America

or

Dorney & Knoebel's

...What would be our better option?

I'm asking my coaster bretheren for a little help. We are looking at two different options for a long weekend in early October.

or

Dorney & Knoebel's

Was that a serious question?

Dorney & Knoebel's hands down. Maybe Hersheypark if you can? (I'm starting to sound like coasterbill )

or

Dorney & Knoebel's

Dorney is slightly better than Valleyfair

Knoebels is better than everything else on the list combined.

The Riptide removal rumors are as persistent as Excalibur removal rumors. I hope it's true, but until we get a formal announcement/Pictures of actual demolition, I'm not exactly willing to hold my breath.

Screamscape is reporting today that they have confirmed the removal of Riptide! It was removed last year at the close of the season! So that spot opening up along with the arcade area on the north side, that Mr. Frazier told me they wanted to demo, opens up a pretty large area for something! Any ideas???

or

Dorney & Knoebel's

late to the party but 100% knoebels and hershey park, about an hour away from eachother, 2 great top tier parks. if you can't or don't want to do hersheys, do knoebels + dorney. Renegade is awesome but knoebels is just a great park and phoenix is amazing, especially at night

A few friends/acquaintances have told me that they can no longer see RipTide while driving by the park so I’m going to assume the removal news is true for now.

If it means anything, except for RipTide and SuperCat, every other ride in the park was given a pre-recorded safety spiel last year (including the kiddie rides in Planet Snoopy), so I wonder if that means SuperCat might be next on the chopping block.

If it means anything, except for RipTide and SuperCat, every other ride in the park was given a pre-recorded safety spiel last year (including the kiddie rides in Planet Snoopy), so I wonder if that means SuperCat might be next on the chopping block.

Minnesota River Valley Railroad also did not receive an auto-spiel last year. At least, not while I was working it.

If it means anything, except for RipTide and SuperCat, every other ride in the park was given a pre-recorded safety spiel last year.....I wonder if that means SuperCat might be next on the chopping block.

If SuperCat is next to leave, then from the old RipTide spot all the way to the old Scrambler spot would just be games, one souvenir stand and food concessions. At that point it would not take much to remove all those things and bring them back in a redesigned and updated area along with two new flats to replace Riptide and SuperCat.

I overheard a rumor from employees that since Panda Express is so successful then there will be a new permanent building built in place of RipTide to let in more people. Also, if they do end up updating that area of the park, then I'm totally down for that. Maybe see a new refreshed games midway, something to replace Supercat, maybe a dark ride in place of the bumper cars, or something to go in the place of the arcade, because how much does that really draw in? They also need to put in a ride in the field where tilt-a-whirl used to sit, as it is so empty and would be a perfect place to put in something. The question now is what would be good rides to put in here?

I think something should also go in place of the old Cosmic coaster place because it hasn't been used the past few years for much. Since Chick-fil-a is such a big success here in Minnesota I think that would be a cool thing to add in.

^

If that rumor is true, I also have no problem with it. Dinosaurs Alive (right next to current Panda Express) sounds like it might be on its way out either this year or next year, having the Dinos and Panda Express gone/relocated would open a lot of land for a new attraction there.

The Riptide removal rumors are as persistent as Excalibur removal rumors. I hope it's true, but until we get a formal announcement/Pictures of actual demolition, I'm not exactly willing to hold my breath.

Screamscape is reporting today that they have confirmed the removal of Riptide! It was removed last year at the close of the season! So that spot opening up along with the arcade area on the north side, that Mr. Frazier told me they wanted to demo, opens up a pretty large area for something! Any ideas???

Mr. Frazier has not worked at the park in over a year. Whatever he said before may not be relevant to the park today because it is a completely different management.

Mr. Frazier has not worked at the park in over a year. Whatever he said before may not be relevant to the park today because it is a completely different management.

Not entirely true! Yes, local management at Valleyfair is different. But Mr. Frazier told me many times that he only had so much say in what happened at the park. It was and I'm sure still is corporate management that makes most of the decisions!

One of my earlier posts was about a $120,000 buildng permit for a Coke Refresh station at VF. Just checked again and now there is a building permit for plumbing valued at $16,000 where the project name is 76 COKE REFRESH so the Route 76 area is getting a Coke Refresh station it looks like. Can’t imagine one Coke Refresh station is $120,000 so I expect to see them placing a couple more of these around the park in area’s that have the plumbing infrastructure in place already. Should help with souvenir drink bottle sales.

DBBBFE46-95C1-4D78-AEB5-CA7476EDD26E.thumb.png.4a19f1c59bb3c337742e7032b4e1a512.png

Building permit for Valleyfair.

One of my earlier posts was about a $120,000 buildng permit for a Coke Refresh station at VF. Just checked again and now there is a building permit for plumbing valued at $16,000 where the project name is 76 COKE REFRESH so the Route 76 area is getting a Coke Refresh station it looks like. Can’t imagine one Coke Refresh station is $120,000 so I expect to see them placing a couple more of these around the park in area’s that have the plumbing infrastructure in place already. Should help with souvenir drink bottle sales.

Man when are they ever going to get a coke freestyle station instead of the refresh ones?

^ I hear you, but your asking a lot. This isn't CP. Seriously, you think CF could throw the smaller parks in the chain a bone and get them a few Coke FreeStyle machines since they have a chain wide contract with Coca-Cola.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the park last week to drop off some work papers and I can confirm after seeing the area with my own eyes that RipTide has indeed been removed. R.I.P. RipTide.

Also saw that the BDB (associate cafeteria) is getting a facelift.

BDB.thumb.jpg.af2cfd74d6a5ca6dce40fd0a1542de55.jpg

Photo from VF's Twitter.