TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

That gate was added after the Imax theater demolition/addition of the breakers slides. In addition to what ^ said, since that gate was never meant to be there, it's used more as associate entrance/exit and as an emergency exit. Whether or not it will remain this way with all the talk of expansion remains to be seen.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have any construction updates on Delirious?

Found this picture on Twitter, it's just underground work so far. I imagine we might not see any vertical construction until March or April since these rides don't take very long to set up.

delirious.thumb.jpg.590cb8d9f17088d508f69e0ff0b6cae9.jpg

Photo from @jobsitewanderer

Edited by VF15

Okay everyone, put on your tin foil hats and bear with me for a minute here:

Last I heard, the Cedar Fair plan to add a dark ride to every park in an "empty building within the park" has been put on hold. Many have speculated that Valleyfair's dark ride would go into the Galaxy Theatre--which has not been used on a daily basis for guests in the past couple years. But I've always predicted that it would go into an expanded Bumper Cars building.

Dorney just re-added their bumper cars in 2017 after their removal in 2009. So CF apparently wants to keep their bumper cars. So it got me thinking: that Wild Thing Helix is still open. That helix is located in the nostalgic section of the park: Route 76. The bumper cars initially opened with the park. Sue-happy America would whine if a Wild Thing rider were to drop something on an attraction put in the helix. Bumper Cars in general have a roof. So, some quick armchair engineer Google Earth measurements later, the bumper cars appear to fit in the open helix.

Theoretically, the dark ride would overhaul that entire midway that goes under Corkscrew while expanding that building for a brand new, state of the art, dark ride. While the bumper cars take a year or two off for refurbishment/the park buys an entirely new set, and are rebuilt as the newest addition to Route 76.

But plans can and do change. Who knows what the new CEO will want.

But hey, at least dreaming is free.

^

Okay everyone, put on your tightest straight jackets and bear with me for a minute here:

Dorney locals have long been whining about the removal of the bumper cars and when they added the new ones last year they specifically stated that this was why they put them back in. I don't think it has anything to do with CF wanting to keep bumper cars at all of their parks. Even if that was even part of the reason why, you're basically saying VF would close their bumper cars to put in a dark ride only to reopen their bumper cars a few years later in a "nostalgic" part of the park because VFs bumper cars opened with the park therefore are nostalgic? Am I getting that right? If so, there's a thread on this site for crazy ideas.

You're getting a major new roller coaster addition next season. I would expect a down year after that. Save some CAPEX for the rest of us, Valleyfair.
Yeah, really. And after bitching for years about not having a second inverting coaster. You finally got it, and now you want more? So entitled.

You both suck.

^ A purple coaster with a lightning package at that. Unless I missed something, Knotts is the only other park besides ValleyFair that is getting a coaster with a lighting package in 2018.

Okay everyone, put on your tin foil hats and bear with me for a minute here:

Last I heard, the Cedar Fair plan to add a dark ride to every park in an "empty building within the park" has been put on hold. Many have speculated that Valleyfair's dark ride would go into the Galaxy Theatre--which has not been used on a daily basis for guests in the past couple years.

Although the Galaxy isn't being used by guest for a show it is still being used. VF's main Entertainment techs are based out of that building and all of the dressing rooms are used for various shows currently at the park. There are also promotional events for companies/clubs as well as midway movie nights/GPF movies.

2018 is the last year for the Dino contract right?

We can only hope so but I have no idea when. I never have read any credible information on how long that contract is. CP and KD installed theirs before VF so I don’t think we can speculate on VF’s removal until one of those two parks go first. Just doubt CF will surprise us and have VF go first.