TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

One thing that I've noticed is that in these past 4 years it's been all about emphasizing area one, and since there's not much more they can do in that area except maybe put something in wild thing's helix what area of the park do you think is next? I think the games midway could use some updating with being able to move the games area back since there's plenty of space behind the midway stage, or I think removing supercat and putting the enterprise there would be nice, or even a new restaurant would go good in there. It's also just so wide at some points, and I feel they could utilize that more and put something creative in.

Another thing I know they'll get started on soon is the waterpark expansion. There's a lot potential there for it to grow! Since we now have delirious I would like to see looping starship removed, and see a mat racer go in its place. The current entrance can be moved over by mad mouse and the current one we have now could be utalized for something else. I also feel like the old area of the waterpark could be updated with a brand new big kids splash pad. Some brand new body and tube slides would be nice, however I think that they should keep the raging rapids, the lazy river, maybe making it longer when they furthermore expand the waterpark,and the family river raft slide. The new slide complex in the old area I think should be a really nice one with plenty of slides so we don't have a backup of lines. Another thing I would love to see in the waterpark is a tornado slide but i don't know where it would go. I personally don't care if we get these slides used, maybe from wild water kingdom, as they are just sitting there, but I don't know. Of course we'll also see the new parking lot with this with a new entrance but one thing I'm wondering is would there be any room back there for other waterpark attractions?

In one of the photos shows they are adding a light upgrade over the route 76 area from Steel Venom to North Star. Are they adding new lights over the walk ways like the lights over the Gemini midway area has at Cedar Point? If so this will also be a nice upgrade to the park as well. Here's one of the photos of the Gemini midway that I'm talking about for Valleyfair lights over route 76.

IMG_0379.thumb.JPG.60db1067875593a02a3599bb70ef2a4e.JPG

Same type of light package coming to Valleyfair's route 76 area?

I don't know what I'm more surprised at about this announcement: that the park isn't calling it a coaster, or that Tilter can fit in its new rendered spot.

A couple other notes:

-The park continues to be hesitant to use that open helix for an attraction

-Riptide/Excalibur are apparently staying for now

-Our eventual frisbee won't be called Delirium

-I'm curious as to how the ride groupings will change when it comes to operations. Ripcord/Tilter are currently together. Wave/Northstar/Carousel; and then there's Steel Venom/Flying Eagles, and Scrambler/Northern Lights/Antique Autos.

Current 5 year plan

2018: Delirious/Route 76 upgrades, Excalibur closes

2019: Major Soak City Expansion with new gate, Dinos Alive Closes

2020: That long-awaited B&M Invert

2021: Planet Snoopy upgrades

2022: Frisbee replacing Riptide

The park continues to be hesitant to use that open helix for an attraction

Current 5 year plan

2019: Major Soak City Expansion with new gate, Dinos Alive Closes

2020: That long-awaited B&M Invert

2021: Planet Snoopy upgrades

2022: Frisbee replacing Riptide

Do you think they are hesitant or do you think it is a safety issue? Like they are worried some idiot will be dropping their phone or something in the turn around helix and having it hit the 'proposed ride' or someone on it.

I like your five year plan if CF truly views VF as a 'growth' park like they say. I would just make it a six year plan because I just don't see CF doing back to back huge years at VF. Hopefully I am wrong and just old and jaded about CF. Mine would be:

2019: Major Soak City Expansion with new gate, Looping Starship removed.

2020: Dino's Alive closes-mid season after all the schools have come to visit and they start clearing the area and putting footers down for a new coaster. Garbage cans added along with some new trees and flowers.

2021: That long-awaited inverting steel coaster arrives. I would prefer a B&M Invert but I could see them going with a Winged B&M also, or even a different manufacturer since it seems like VF gets 'The First in the Chain' for a few things. i.e. Rengeade (GCI), North Star (Flyer) and now Delirious (Larson Looper).

2022: Planet Snoopy upgrades

2023: Frisbee replacing Riptide

And congratulations on your 'ZEN' ride on Renegade, not many get to do that.

I think this addition gives us a good indication that 2019 will be the Soak City expansion and that Looping Star Ship will go away to make space for said expansion. Delirium and Star Ship are very similar, motions-wise, but Delirium is much shinier and updated, and I'd assume less maintenance-heavy.

I'm happy to take any rides. I'm sure it will ride great and look awesome at night.

PS: If anyone is heading to the St. Paul Saints game this Saturday watch out for Valleyscare zombies!

The park continues to be hesitant to use that open helix for an attraction

Do you think they are hesitant or do you think it is a safety issue? Like they are worried some idiot will be dropping their phone or something in the turn around helix and having it hit the 'proposed ride' or someone on it.

And congratulations on your 'ZEN' ride on Renegade, not many get to do that.

I think they are hesitant because it's a safety issue. I have no doubt people would throw or drop whatever into that area and have seen loose articles in that area before. So until the park can come up with a way that they can protect the ride/riders/operators, that area will remain open. Such a solution could be as simple as a net, or as complex as an enclosed ride, or as idiotic as a complete loose article ban on Wild Thing a la Six Flags Great Adventure or the Universal Florida parks.

And thank you. It's actually the second zen ride I've had on Renegade. I've also had one on Steel Venom (surprising), Corkscrew (not surprising) and Cosmic Coaster (Credit Whoring!)

After this, it looks like Route 76 will be one of my favorite sections at at Cedar Fair park. They have some really fun family rides (Scrambler, Tilter. Antique Cars, and Northern Lights), two GREAT thrill rides (North Star and Delirious), and a really fun, thrilling coaster (Steel Venom). Plus it looks like they will be adding more lights in the area and more trees. It looks like it will be great! I know a super loop may not be the most exciting announcement, but it will definitely add to the flat lineup and it will be a welcome addition in that section of the park. Plus the guests will LOVE it. I actually really like super loops.

And thank you. It's actually the second zen ride I've had on Renegade. I've also had one on Steel Venom (surprising), Corkscrew (not surprising) and Cosmic Coaster (Credit Whoring!)

Sorry to ask, but what is a "Zen Ride"?

A Zen ride is a solo ride on a coaster either in operating hours or ERT.

While I didn't really care for them personally, Super Loops actually are good rides. Ten inversions in a row was just a bit too much for me. This should be a really great addition to that section of the park, which seemed to me to be a bit lighter on traffic than the rest of the park. It'll be a great sight right as guests enter the parking lot and hopefully pulls a lot of them into that section that they might otherwise have skipped. While I would certainly have hoped for waterpark additions, until Valleyfair is ready to do that, this is a very good addition in the meantime.

Thought I'd chime in on this a little bit. Being disappointed is perfectly valid, there is nothing wrong with that. They aren't forcing you to like the ride. However, complaining to the park, and just general whining is not valid.

I think we might be mistaking disappointment with whining.

The complainers and whiners should come live in Arizona for a year and then bitch about getting a Larsen Looper. Seriously...there's absolutely nothing here and when the fair does come into town...this place goes crazy. So you all should be lucky that you have a theme park that's not more than a days drive away.

As for the addition, I think it's great. Not every announcement can be an RMC or B&M or Intamin or whatever but at least the park is upgrading that area of the park. Be thankful for that...even if it means more trash cans.

Jimmy "So much damn negativity in this world" Bo

I'm not really a "fan" of these types of rides, personally, but I think it's a great fit for Valleyfair, and will look great there in that section of the park! I think Cedar Fair really hit a Home Run with their additions for 2018!

So I think I figured out what they're going to do at Valleyfair the next 2 years.

In 2019, they will remove Looping Starship (that's why we got a Larson Loop) and will expand the waterpark, but will NOT bulldoze Excalibur at that time nor create a new parking lot. Then it will not cost that much. A similar expansion as what Hersheypark got this year.

Then finally in 2020, they will 1) remove dinosaurs alive, 2) remove excalibur, 3) bulldoze the front AND back entrances and create new entrances in the front and back, along with a new front gate coaster.

This coaster will likely not be something expensive like a B+M, but either a cheaper Raptor or Infinity.

QED.