TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Looks like the Caribou Coffee at the front of the park is getting a new large patio. Should be a nice place to watch NorthStar while not riding.

IMG_4714.thumb.JPG.1490fb9956cb768edf8d25cea8f9eb77.JPG

Photo from @MindyLawrence14 on Twitter.

This might actually not be that bad because it's not like there's a bunch of plastic boxes from Panda, and there should be more than the one or two trash cans that were there previously. Good luck GarboJesus and co.

I can't wait to see it all done! The new plaza is definitely turning out amazing!

^

Heard a rumor that we might get an updated mobile app with live wait times but don't know if there's any truth to that.

I'd assume the new website layout will be coming sooner or later.

^

Could be completely wrong but I'm going to guess a Soak City expansion for 2018. If the new parking lot is approved and Excalibur is removed, I could expect new attraction or two in that area. If not, perhaps we might see a slide complex to replace Looping Starship. Would like to see something like a ProSlide Tornado or a mat racer. If anything happens to Starship, it'll most likely get scrapped and not relocated within the park since I've heard it's a maintenance headache.

I know it's early to start speculating, but what do you thing Valleyfair will be getting for 2018? I wouldn't be surprised if they put in a mass effect style attraction in the theater.

Maybe a refurbished Enterprise over by Wild Thing in the old Tilt-A-Whirl spot. The new version if the park is lucky.

No reason to believe the proposed water park expansion with the removal of Excalibur will happen in 2018 even though the plan was submitted for approval over two years ago, but that would be a great announcement for the park. A newly expanded water park with an adjacent parking lot so you don't have to walk through the park I think would go a long way towards some new season passes and repeat visits. Plus CF usually replaces roller coasters that are removed with new ones so that would bring hope for a new one of those in the following years.

Drove by VF yesterday and saw them testing North Star and Power Tower. Looking forward to Season Pass preview day next Sunday.

I will remain firm in my opinion that a frisbee will replace Riptide next year until I hear any convincing argument otherwise.

And I don't think the Soak City expansion/Excalibur removal will start until the Cedar Fair revamp begins in earnest as it did with Carowinds and is picking up with CGA.

I would be in favor of a frisbee replacing Rip Tide the location would be great because it's right by Xtreme Swing and Power Tower. I stopped by Valleyfair today to pick up my platinum season pass got a first look up front at the new ride North Star. Getting excited to ride it on season pass preview.

IMG_0610.thumb.JPG.e4a9fa3668309c29beac3ca4ada92177.JPG

North Star from the main lot. The LED lights are on.

Edited by Lightning Rod

I think it would make a lot of sense if they added a frisbee in 2018, even though there is one at Nickelodeon Universe. If you look at the past 5 years, there's been a lot of family rides added. I think Valleyfair is going to start adding in some more thrilling attractions.

I think it would make a lot of sense if they added a frisbee in 2018, even though there is one at Nickelodeon Universe. If you look at the past 5 years, there's been a lot of family rides added. I think Valleyfair is going to start adding in some more thrilling attractions.
. I personally don't see them adding a freebie as it is to simlair to extreme swings. I much rather see a sky roller ride or a newer enterprise model.

^

Heard a rumor that we might get an updated mobile app with live wait times but don't know if there's any truth to that.

The last time Ops tried to do "live" wait times, it fell apart in a week. We would call in every hour consistently but dispatch treated us like sh*t and was generally rude about it after the first few days. So everyone just stopped If they can solve that whole issue--because I can see it happening again--then "live" wait times would be awesome.

Lets hope for good weather on season pass preview day and opening day as well. It rain last year. From watching the North Star Pov. Is it possible to put a giant Frisbee in the midway stage area? Were the old scrambler's spot use to be? I think it would be cool to add a Frisbee right next to North Star in front of the park.

Edited by Lightning Rod

From watching the North Star Pov. Is it possible to put a giant Frisbee in the midway stage area? Were the old scrambler's spot use to be? I think it would be cool to add a Frisbee right next to North Star in front of the park.

That would be a cool place for a new ride. I think it would be cool to see a frisbee put in place of the Supercat ride and would make the midway look better.

It might be possible, but in my opinion they won't because Nick Universe has one. I personally would love to see one here, even though it's so similar to the giant swing. if they ever did I would love to see one possible replace Riptide.

On a side note can anyone guess what their getting for the 2018 season? I would love to see a new improved enterprise in Wild Thing's helix, however don't know if this would fit there. I think this would make a lot of sense since Cedarfair has mainly focusing on Valleyfair's area one recently. I think if they were to get this, then their area 1 would be complete, and not need anything else.

Two unaccounted for coasters in the Cedar Fair chain, and not even a peep of excitement in the Valleyfair thread. Oh how far we have fallen.

It seems like a lot of folks have given up on a new coaster at Valleyfair but at the rate this park is going, I could see one coming sometime in the next 3 to 5 years.