TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I really enjoy Windseekers and Star Flyers but I prefer the latter. Windseekers have the advantage of a slightly higher capacity and amazing light packages, but Star Flyers are a much more exciting ride, they feel faster (though I'm not sure if they actually are), they have much more uptime, they're more resistant to wind, they're more accommodating for larger riders and they don't routinely make national news.

Honestly this is a great addition and every park that doesn't have a Windseeker or Star Flyer should get one immediately.

I don't think we'll be seeing a new coaster at VF until 2020 at the earliest, possibly later. Dinos Alive is the only place that makes sense to put a coaster at the moment, and it sounds like the Dinos will be here through at least 2019. The waterpark parking lot & new service road, if approved, is likely going to cost quite a lot as well.

On a completely unrelated note I just wanted to shout out to VF15 that the WIld Thing ride ops crew this year were top notch. They rocked trains out of there on time for all my visits after June 1st. Nice job.

Thanks, my pleasure!

Checked the Shakopee city website for any new building permits for VF and they had two news ones issued yesterday. They are both valued at $20,000 a piece and they look like they will be adding Refill Drinks stations to existing food buildings. I cannot get a good screen shot to display the entire permit so I will just post the link and you can look at them for yourself.

Permit SH086278 Details = 'convert Atomic Pizza to Atomic Refill' - https://epermits2.logis.org/permits/permitdetails.aspx?city=sh&permitnbr=SH086278

and

Permit SH086279 Details = 'convert Monster Pronto's to Monster Refill' - https://epermits2.logis.org/permits/permitdetails.aspx?city=sh&permitnbr=SH086279

I am only guessing by the description. If someone thinks or knows something else please let me know.

^

Hmm... interesting rumor. If VF does indeed get a new entrance, I bet it probably wouldn't happen until 2018 because they would have likely started construction already if it was for this season.

they are giving us an updated entrance and parking stuff in 2017(which i think will happen in 2018.)

"us" as in the GP or the associates?

Because I know that an updated employee access road is one of the things included in those famous Army Corps plans, but on the flip side, the guest lot is in need of major work (some has started in the northwest corner of the main lot during the previous park season) and a new park entrance has been speculated for a while--mostly in conjunction with a shiny new coaster.

^

Hmm... interesting rumor. If VF does indeed get a new entrance, I bet it probably wouldn't happen until 2018 because they would have likely started construction already if it was for this season.

The new entrances are only really being handed out to the parks that need them. VF's entrance looks great already. Carowinds, Cedar Point, and Worlds of Fun's entrances were eyesores and needed replacements badly.

The 2017 operating schedule has been released. Opening Day is Friday, May 12th, and everything else looks same as last year except 11pm closings on Fridays and Saturdays won't be starting until Fourth of July weekend.

VF2017sched.PNG.c0abe5c17e46fa47e314a04be33f7191.PNG

The 2017 operating schedule has been released. Opening Day is Friday, May 12th, and everything else looks same as last year except 11pm closings on Fridays and Saturdays won't be starting until Fourth of July weekend.

Interesting that opening day/weekend is only open until 8 PM, I believe last year it was 10 PM but I could be wrong.

It seems like Haunt is just the evening attractions/mazes, while Valleyscare is both the Great Pumpkin Fest and Haunt. Interesting to see the distinction, but it makes sense considering it's technically the Haunt at Valleyscare.

That makes sense. Thank you for clarifying that!!

• 3 weeks later...

Since this thread has been dead, I figured I might as well start some discussion. Is anyone planning on working at the park this year? I currently I have a interview for a tech job in live entertainment, and will be switching to blackout in haunt. Hopefully all goes well! Although I will definitely miss park services.

Since this thread has been dead, I figured I might as well start some discussion. Is anyone planning on working at the park this year? I currently I have a interview for a tech job in live entertainment, and will be switching to blackout in haunt. Hopefully all goes well! Although I will definitely miss park services.

Hoping to come back in rides but haven't heard anything yet. If possible, I'd like to work at Wild Thing again to see what it's like to operate it with the IOE upgrades, but I'll be fine wherever I'm placed.