Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: CaptainUnknown and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Postby bluestreak » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:35 pm

I will be visiting the park a week from Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday for my first time. Any tips for a first time visitor? Any glowing issues that I should be aware of (like rides not operating at all *ahem* lightning rod)
I'm very excited to finally ride BD. Hope it lives up to expectations.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:56 pm

Wildcat and Downtime are down and have been for a week or two, Down Time was supposed to open this week but I think some electrical components were damaged on both rides from a storm two weeks ago. I did see Wildcat in the station, then about 1/4 up the lift, then on the brake run over the course of 3 visits so maybe it will open but I doubt it.

If you are selecting from three different days, I would pick the day that has cloudy or light rain for a brief period in the forecast. They do tend to close if there is extended amounts of heavy rain and lightning (even if it is supposed to be clear after, happened last Friday), so maybe pick a nice day to be safe but It will be busier. Thursday might be the best because Friday will probably be the busiest of the days and Wednesday is a bring a buddy free day.

BD is running well but has a few rough spots including one that is pretty bad about 1/3 into the ride. I would sit in the front row or 6-1. Basically any front rows on the cars are usually better than the back rows. If you go on Friday, you could probably get a night ride around closing time which is highly recommended too.

Side note, the flyers are a lot of fun and snappable. Almost every time I go to ride, there are other people snapping them and the ops usually encourage it. Sometimes it is difficult to do, but it is super easy if it is a little windy.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:23 pm

bluestreak wrote:I will be visiting the park a week from Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday for my first time. Any tips for a first time visitor? Any glowing issues that I should be aware of (like rides not operating at all *ahem* lightning rod)
I'm very excited to finally ride BD. Hope it lives up to expectations.

Not sure if you're a water park fan, but Lights Out is a very good body slide but has a putrid capacity. If you want to ride it, get on it before it builds up a queue.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

Postby bluestreak » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:53 pm

Wow. Boulder Dash is absolutely amazing... And happy to report that they got Wildcat open today so unexpected credit.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:23 pm

^ I'm planning on stopping in tomorrow on the way to Pennsylvania. Good to know that they got Wildcat back up and running. Was Down Time open by chance? That one has been down a lot lately too.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:18 pm

Wildcat opened late yesterday and I believe was the same today. Down Time opened Tuesday I believe and has been open since minus a breakdown I saw yesterday. I did notice the ride goes much faster at the top than it did before, before it would slow down about 7/8 up the tower, but yesterday it just went full speed up and came to a sudden stop at the top.

The only other ride down is Mammoth Falls which is 95% going to be down for the season. BD's green train is also ready to go and they have prepped the crane next to the ride to put it on. Not sure when it is going on, I believe it will be on soon or towards the end of the summer season when they are open weekends only.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:22 pm

^ Thanks! I kind of liked how Down Time slowed at the top since it gave me more time to enjoy the view. Just happy it's reopen though.

Honestly the one slide I really care about there is Lights Out but aI probably won't arrive until the water side closes.

Postby bluestreak » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Down time was open when we got there but went down at about 3 and remained down. They were testing it when we left at about 6

I Love Donkeys!

Postby coasterBro » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:46 pm

I'll be at the park tomorrow. My goal is to get a bunch of rides on BD and at least 1 lap on everything else. Are there certain ebbs & flows of weekend crowds that I need to know about? Or will everything settle around whatever wait it's going to be and stay there most of the day? I'm hoping things will somehow magically be half hour waits or less, but I honestly have no idea if that's even remotely reasonable, especially considering 1-train ops. Any locals who know what's up willing to enlighten me? Thanks!
Current count: 699 Strict, 732 Total.
Currently taking suggestions for where to go (outside North America) and what to ride for #700.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:06 pm

Wildcat runs one small train so you're shortest wait would be at opening. However, if you beat everyone to Boulder Dash you cwn usually get several rides with no wait. Make sure you ride in the front. It's definitely the best seat.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!