Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:45 am

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Lake Compounce, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

August 5th, 2006 - Park announces new family car ride for 2007 season (SEE BELOW)

January 31st, 2008 - Park makes announcements for 2008 season

April 22nd, 2010 - Park adopts Lo-Q for the 2010 season

August 14th, 2012 - Park begins water park expansion and renames it Crocodile Cove
September 5th, 2012 - Lake Compounce files application to build campground
November 8th, 2012 - Holiday Lights to debut on November 30th, 2012!

January 21st, 2013 - New wave pool expansion area named "Bayou Bay"

February 7th, 2014 - iconic Pink's Hot Dogs coming to Lake Compounce
June 29th, 2014 - Bear Creek Campground set of open on July 1st
December 12, 2014 - Dino Expedition announced for 2015

July 11th, 2015 - Phobia, a Premier triple launched coaster announced for 2016

ORIGINAL POST

BRISTOL/SOUTHINGTON, CT (August 1, 2006) - Lake Compounce, America’s oldest amusement park and Connecticut’s largest water park, unveiled plans today for a new ride and other expansions for 2007 and beyond.

As part of the park’s long-term strategy for development, Lake Compounce will add Zoomers Gas ‘n’ Go, a family ride that takes parents and kids on a journey through the 1950’s in a 1956 Corvette replica. Cars will travel on an electric rail passing a gas station, traveling under a bridge, by a car wash, and finally ending at a drive-in movie theater, complete with a 50’s style concession stand.

Following the success of the 2006 season addition, Thunder ‘N’ Lightning, a thrilling ride that catapults riders to heights of 100 feet at 60 miles per hour, the park is offering Zoomers as something special for families and younger patrons.

In addition to the new ride, General Manager, Jerry Brick explained other expansions and upgrades planned for the 2007 season and totaling over $3 million. He also discussed the status of moving Mount Vernon Road, which will allow for water park expansion in the future.

“Lake Compounce is a Family Theme Park, so we think it’s important to have great new rides that can accommodate both parents and their children,” said Brick. “We are very excited about adding Zoomers Gas n’ Go. We expect to be able to accommodate between 400 – 450 riders each hour.” Groundbreaking for the new ride has already occurred and it will be ready for park visitors on opening day of next season.
Last edited by larrygator on Sun May 21, 2017 7:00 pm.

Ruler of all Intamin rides

Postby MSLSM » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:00 am

This sounds like a nice addition to the park, and it sounds like it will have some good themeing. However, I thought that they were going to get a spinning coaster, but I guess that is for a later time.
2006 Season:
7 Parks/11 Visits
24 Coasters/102 Rides

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby TheGreatOne » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:07 am

Since that article didn't go into detail about the road relocation...

Lake Compounce will likely relocate the road beginning in Spring at the cost of $3 million. It will open 8 usable acres of land which Jerry said they would like to expand their waterpark with. The expansions would happen in steps and not all at once.
Career Tic-Tac-Toe Record: 13 wins-3 losses -15 ties

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:48 am

I think the spinning coaster is going to open in 2008, I hop eth erumors are true that it will also utilize the mountainside.
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:11 am

I'm glad Lake Compounce realizes how important rides like antique cars are and is adding the ride unlike all the other parks that are removing the ride from their parks.

I Smell Funny

Postby Golfie » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:18 am

That's cool how it will open on opening day. I bet the park will be packed that day, though.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby imdrunk » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:41 pm

I'm excited. I'm moving to CT in two weeks from LA and can't wait to Vist Lake Compounce and hit Boulderdash.

-Dean

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:03 pm

Golfie wrote:That's cool how it will open on opening day. I bet the park will be packed that day, though.

LC doesnt really get pack'd.
As for the ride.. We knew about it 2 years ago ::) (yay for the 2005 winter tour)

Anyways - http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 6561jm.jpg

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Jack57 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:16 am

To see a car, go to Lake Compounce, and when you are done with your bag check, look to the right and there will be a car there. I'll check it out next June (field trip), and see how it is.

Enka rocks

Postby apollo210 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:32 am

Wow! That was the last thing I thought Lake Compounce was getting! That seems like a fun ride for the family. Can't wait to go in 2007 (If I can).
-Stephen
Coaster Count= 28

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!