Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:08 am

I wonder if they're adopting the Six Flags strategy of trying to aggressively grow their season pass base by making daily tickets almost laughably expensive in comparison (I guess I can't fault them). In terms of single day tickets, this is probably the most absurdly priced park in America not located at the beach or in a major "tourist trap" destination (especially when you include the parking price) when you consider what the park actually offers for that money (a half-day park with miserable operations and a small waterpark).

Converesely, the Season Pass is a tremendous deal and this makes it even more of a no-brainer. We live pretty close and almost bought one last year but I sort of lost that desire after we visited and found the park in such rough shape. For locals though, it's a good deal and the soda thing might be enough to steer people towards the pass who would have otherwise bought a day ticket. I guess time will tell.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:40 am

All I want to say about this is if I lived where I once did (12 minutes door-to-door from LC) I wouldn't have a pass next year. My money would go to Six Flags and Quassy. That pains me to say it, but it's absolutely true.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:16 pm

The only problem with the season pass is that parking isn't included. It's an extra $10 per visit. In past years I think they've had a season parking pass for $35-40.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby MisterBrow » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:00 am

And now only diamond and platinum season pass holders get the soda.

Boo.
Meister Brau just wants a path from CC to SM at SFA, meal plan burrito, some shade, and a restroom back there.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:55 pm

And to get it you need to carry the obligatory park cups now.
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Rai Fox » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:And to get it you need to carry the obligatory park cups now.

Ugh. I usually get a season pass so being restricted to that doesn't hurt me (personally, I mean, I can see why it's a disappointment for so many others), but having to carry a giant cup around and find somewhere to put it on every ride, that pretty well ruins the whole package. I get that they want to cut down on waste, but... :cry:

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby MisterBrow » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:01 am

Does the management of places sit around and think:

Hmmm, what's something small but positive that makes our park just a little bit more special?

The free soda and not having to lug around the cups?
Great idea. Let's get rid of that.

We have like the best sky ride.
Good thinking. Shut it down. We're on a roll.

We have arguably the best wooden coaster.
One train!

Last year was my first trip to LC and I thought it was just great. Can't see a one pass in my near future.
Meister Brau just wants a path from CC to SM at SFA, meal plan burrito, some shade, and a restroom back there.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:07 am

My biggest gripe with their season pass is how parking isn't included. If it was, I'd get one without hesitation.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby BoulderDash » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:48 am

Here are a few pics from Holiday Lights yesterday. Nothing really new was added but it's still a fun event and is popular with young kids and their families. I did notice that photos with Santa seem to be pretty expensive now ($25 was the lowest package I saw), was around $10 when it first started in 2012. The train was having issues in the cold (even though it wasn't even that cold) so I'm not sure how it is going to run later in the year. The train stalled out 8 times between the new boathouse and the end and took forever to get back.

IMG_8189.JPG

IMG_8192.JPG

The new WildCat entrance is looking pretty cool!

IMG_8200.JPG

IMG_8209.JPG

IMG_8217.JPG

Get the tissues out..
IMG_8182.JPG

IMG_8179.JPG

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:54 am

I noticed that the free soda areas were indeed a haven for yellow jackets when we visited. And yes, there were many half cups of soda laying around the areas and spilled, sticky soda all over the ground with bees flying around everywhere. One sting to someone with a bee allergy whilst trying to inhale a gallon of Mountain Dew and there's your millions of dollars lawsuit.

Unfortunately this and the Skyride's removal is all due to our own "justice" system and of course, idiocracy by stupid people in general. I can understand why they are doing both and don't really see it as totally shocking at all.

The one train operation on BD though...I really don't get that given the coasters length and popularity. That line is just brutal to wait in even when it looks like it could practically be a walk-on. And this from someone that doesn't really see Ride Of Steel's one train operation at DL as that big of a deal.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!