Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

P. 93: Super Nintendo World preview! Mario Kart confirmed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

Postby Themed steel » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:49 pm

Garet wrote:My personal pipe dream of this would be sets of trackless vehicles going through a dark ride race course interacting with each other, changing speeds and there being riderless trackless vehicles showing up as shells at one point. Throw in some banana scenery making random cars spin and perhaps one projected room where after the lights flash on everything is bigger for lightning.

Yes! So much could be achieved with such a concept, genius!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:09 pm

sonoma15 wrote:In Orlando this land will include 6 or more rides. Possibly 3-E tickets, Mario Kart will be almost all physical sets and quite possibly bigger then forbidden journey and gringotts.

Yeah, I don't think that's the case.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:49 am

Hey guys, at the end of September I'm going to be going to USJ for two days at Hotel Keihan Universal City. I plan to be spending about 1 and a half days at the park and I am wondering what would be be best route on how to do tickets and an express pass (Flying Dinosaur 7 Attraction Pass)? I'm pretty sure they sell them at the hotel, but I'm kind of wondering if I waited until I got there would I have to worry about them (especially the express pass) being sold out?

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:43 am

Ccron10 wrote:Hey guys, at the end of September I'm going to be going to USJ for two days at Hotel Keihan Universal City. I plan to be spending about 1 and a half days at the park and I am wondering what would be be best route on how to do tickets and an express pass (Flying Dinosaur 7 Attraction Pass)? I'm pretty sure they sell them at the hotel, but I'm kind of wondering if I waited until I got there would I have to worry about them (especially the express pass) being sold out?

Buy them immediately. They'll sell out.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Garet » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:49 am

If you're set on those two days anyway, then yeah book them ahead of time. I think one of the hotel perks is that you can buy them an hour before the park opens when regular guests can't but if you've already set those dates no disadvantage to doing it, especially if Halloween nights have started by then. I think Flying Dinosaur and the HP rides are timed slots so just pray to the weather gods.

Kind of confused by new ticket policies. It says any tickets bought through online agencies or resellers will be nulled to stop tickets selling out (I'm guessing fast pass issues) but the English website will only let me get them in advance through resellers and agencies they link to. I know on the Japan site you can book them directly.

Edit: Got bored and looked into going during some time off next month and the flying dinosaur 7 seems to be sold out already for days I wanted so yea book now.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:11 am

^ When my friend was there a few weeks ago, express passes were sold out before the park opened. I would buy it online just to be safe.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:42 am

And just in case its not clear, buy them RIGHT NOW! GO!

Not that you were saying anything about the cost, but at this park, its almost impossible to go there without the express pass. Its nuts how busy that park gets! :lmao:
Last edited by COASTER FREAK 11 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:00 pm.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Jetstar2 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:02 pm

So there was a graphic going around that showed that Super Nintendo World would occupy the south-east corner of the park when it was first announced. The groundbreaking ceremony was held in a parking lot north of the park. Has anybody seen any actual construction going on that would confirm where SNW will really be located?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:34 pm

Thanks guys! Bought my tickets and Express Pass and I'm ready for Flying Dinosaur, Space Fantasy, and Hollywood Dream. I tried doing it through the japanese website (took 2 1/2 hours lol) and it didn't go through thanks to my card being declined, but did it through Klook and it worked.

On a sidenote, it looks like they temporarily re-themed Space Fantasy to a J-pop band or something?

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Jetstar2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:19 am

Ccron10 wrote:On a sidenote, it looks like they temporarily re-themed Space Fantasy to a J-pop band or something?

Is it still Kyary Pamyu Pamyu XR ride? or is it something else? It was KPPXRR when I rode it in May 2016 but that was supposed to be over by now. If it is still KPPXRR, then it has Samsung VR goggles and only the front seats are loaded and the spinning is locked. It takes twice as long to load unfortunately. I slipped off my goggles for a second and was still able to see some space fantasy stuff.

Please keep a look out for any construction going on. Really curious where Super Nintendo World is really going in at.

Here's all you need to know about Kyary Pamyu Pamyu if you haven't already seen it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!