Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

P. 93: Super Nintendo World preview! Mario Kart confirmed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:15 am

If I can't drink while riding then it won't be an authentic Mario Kart attraction.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:58 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:If I can't drink while riding then it won't be an authentic Mario Kart attraction.

This. You can't start the race until you finish chugging your beer!

But anyway, they have so many opportunities with this, like Robb said I hope they don't mess it up with simulator attractions. A Donkey Kong Mine Cart coaster would be amazing.
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby DoubleDown » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:22 am

robbalvey wrote:As much as I like Flight of Passage, I would have still rather it have been a physical ride than a simulator.

Right with you there Robb. Universal has beaten the dead horse with simulators.

If you're going to do Mario Kart (which you'd have to be stupid not to do) please for the love of gawd Universal do it right and make it an actual ride. It's unfortunate this is something I'll probably never get to being it's in Japan, but an actual Mario Kart ride with racing (similar but more intense than Radiator Springs Racers) would be off the charts awesome. I'm not even a Nintendo guy but I've always endured Mario and Mario Kart HAS to be the most universally loved multi-player video game out there.

I know people love Mario Party and all the other ones but when it comes to EVERYONE, I think Mario Kart is a game where ANYONE can pick it up quickly and have fun.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby snwbuni » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:33 am

YES! Four "player", they get in individual carts and for the start they line you up 4 across. Have a button in the cart for doing the boost during the famous audible countdown. The two that hold it closest to correct move ahead as the track merges to two tracks for the majority of the ride. Their could be a HUD that shows you when you get "hit" by items and those would cause you to get behind that others. I agree a similar format to the Radiator Springs ride. I could see this being a pretty complicated ride making sure it is fun and shuffling the order of the four players around, but I could see it being amazing!

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby sonoma15 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:49 am

Rumor has it this will be mostly Physical Sets, so I think we are in luck here.

Also heard rumors of using something like hololens to simulate cars and other things around you, don't know if this rumor will hold up though.

Coasters: 130
Favorite so far: Maverick

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:24 am

robbalvey wrote:
Personally, I will be very annoyed if Nintendo World turns out to be another batch of "One and Done" Universal simulator attractions.

I agree with this. And remember . . .

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Gav » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:21 pm

I still think a Tetris themed drop ride would be perfect for this.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby cookiex » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:28 pm

Gav wrote:I still think a Tetris themed drop ride would be perfect for this.

Tetris is not a Nintendo property though.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 89

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby DBJ » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:54 am

With Mario Kart, I think the Raptor coaster track would be great. If you ran say like 6 coaster tracks on the course through a combination of physical sets on the scale of RR and screens, would be quite the stunner. However, I think for USH, it will be yet another simulator, in which case I can only hope it is more like Transformers and less Despicable Me. I think it really is just the USJ/USF parks that has the best chance of doing Mario Kart ride justice.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby sonoma15 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:14 am

In Orlando this land will include 6 or more rides. Possibly 3-E tickets, Mario Kart will be almost all physical sets and quite possibly bigger then forbidden journey and gringotts.

Coasters: 130
Favorite so far: Maverick

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!