TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

3 hours millinum force..Bigger question is where would you draw the line. That was my limit.

Depends on the coaster and situation. My limit, with people, is 1-2 hours, depending on the ride. Only time I willingly did over 2 was El Toro at fright fest when everything was jammed and it wasnt that late. Choices were "go home" or "pick a ride and suck it up". Besides that, only breakdowns have ever lead me to wait longer.

Though I think I'm growing less patient with time I was always against fast passes too because I don't know I thought it wrong and against the "intent" of a park, and the lines bring camaraderie and atmosphere and whatever else I said when I was younger. Now, eh I kind wanna skip the lines and ride

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours millinum force..Bigger question is where would you draw the line. That was my limit.

As I said above, I once waited 3 hours for X2. I don't plan on ever doing that again. If I know a line is more than an hour, I usually don't wait.

Longest: Indiana Jones, Disneyland, 4 plus hours. Two separate occasions. Totally worth it don't get me wrong.

Slowest: Pony Express, Knott's Berry Farm. For a twenty second ride with two trains it sure goes slower than molasses. I've been on it twice. First time I was four train loads back (including one already loaded train) and it took over 40 minutes just to board. Second time I was next in line (one loaded train ahead of me) and it took 15 minutes .

Worst: Ninja, SFMM. I was stuck for over 2 hours behind two wannabe enthusiasts who literally talked the entire time about how Ninja was the longest, fastest, loopiest inverted coaster since Batman. THEY ARE IN THE SAME PARK!

As I said above, I once waited 3 hours for X2. I don't plan on ever doing that again. If I know a line is more than an hour, I usually don't wait.

Was X2 worth that long of a wait?

As of now, 4 hours for Mystic Timbers opening weekend (on two of the three times I rode it). I'm one of those people who like going to ride openings if I can, plus I didn't want the shed spoiled for me. I probably will never wait that long for it again, but it was still a memorable time for me and I don't regret doing it. Also, everyone was saying it would be a 6 hour wait if I didn't ride it when I did, which didn't end up being the case at all. You win some, you lose some.

If we were not as privileged to have been able to purchase a flash pass and the X2 add-on, coming all the way from Canada to SFMM, I would wait UP to 4 hours for X2, and probably 3 for Twisted Colossus. We had only one day there and the line was usually above 2 hours the entire time, but that ride was so unique that if you are unable to travel to the park another time soon, its definitely worth it.

December 1990 Universal Orlando. Opening year with all of the breakdowns. I think we only rode King Kong and Earthquake for the day. Given a free ticket to return. Second day we got on everything but it took the whole day and there were not many rides.

Worst line is always the ones with a wait and then a breakdown when you are in the row stall.

If you're visiting the park and have never ridden it, then yes, I would definitely say it's worth the wait (or whatever it costs to buy a Flash Pass).

Since SFMM is my home park, it wouldn't be worth it for me to wait in a 3-hour line again. But after that wait, it felt REALLY good to finally ride it.

Eejanaika at Fuji-Q Highland Park in Japan, still holds my record of "did we really wait that long?" of over three hours.

TPR actually extended our tour departure time, because so many of us were still in that (&^$@@^&* Queue of Hell. And

I never rode it again, even on two return visits to the park. And after the tour in China I wasn't too thrilled about

X coasters, anyway.

J_03ThreeAmigos_Eejanaika_Fuji-QHigland.jpg.c800caab44dea8163e208d3f51ae052e.jpg

Yeah, right. Me, Mike and Peter smiling, before the eventual "OMG How long?" moments set in.

This was probably after (only) one hour in line. TPR 2007 Japan Tour. Thanks again Robb & Elissa!

J_04DippinDotsRewardAfterwards_Fuji-QHighland.jpg.eeaefec885fdc2df87099774244ae798.jpg

I rewarded myself for all that waiting time, and a rather meh ride,

to My Very First Dipping Dots! It was fine. I liked it. TPR 2007 Japan Tour.

Worst: Batman at SFMM, one train operation during summer and I stood next to someone who probably didn't know what showering means.

Longest: Dizzy Love and Whirling Passion: I think it was 4.5-5 hours. Or Indiana Jones at Disneyland. It broke down when we were in the line 5 times that day and we waited at least 5.5 hours total until we got on.

Slowest: Dodonpa, but every second was worth it.

Longest for me would be a combination of Space Mountain, Kärnan (the two I mentioned earlier) and Helix whose advertised queue time was 30 minutes but turned into an hour.

Slowest would be Wildfire since it broke down in the early afternoon and the usually 15-20 minute queue was on a standstill for at least a half hour until I gave up and left.

This is more of a perception thing but given how fast Europa Park was otherwise Matterhorn Blitz's queue was very slow, or at least felt like it. Wild Mouse coasters can be brutal even on lighter days.

Edited by cookiex

I've had my fair share of waiting in 3+ hour lines for Superman at SFNE. But 2 I remember in particular, one year during fright fest (It was Bizarro then) it was in the Superman switchbacks which is near the entrance where the lockers are. Then last year I went with someone who had never ridden it so we stuck out a 3 and half-4 hour line because of VR to ride it, in the 90 degee heat. So now unless the entire park is slammed and everything else has a long line I won't wait more than an hour for it.

I've waited an hour a fair number of times in my days, but will rarely do more than that unless the park is just swamped and that's all there is to it.

The exception being last year, early in the season I got in line for Goliath at SFOG during 1 train ops because I just didn't have anything better to do - and ended up waiting 3.5 hours after a break down, which is far and away the most I've ever waited and will ever wait for anything by double.

I waited 3 hours for X (before it was X2) at SFMM. Would've been 4, but it broke down, most people got out of line, then it was running again in about 15 minutes. But it was worth it - I haven't been to SFMM since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have told people in lines that were extremely long. That anything beats the line ride. Spending 2 hours waiting just to find out that waiting in line was the ride. You would think that nobody would buy that. Unfortunately some have.