Heide Park Discussion Thread

P. 105: Colossus will be closed for the 2017 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Heide Park Discussion Thread

Postby livai » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:12 am

Coaster_t wrote:' for Merlin Entertainments "We're here for our convenience not your pleasure."

yes yes yes .so it will take little time. sooner or later will sell European parks
leviathan & fury 325 = waste of money

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Baffles » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:15 pm

I really do hope Merlin sell the parks to an owner who puts the customer experience first.

Their focus is clearly sucking all of the profits from them and expanding midway attractions which are literally all about quantity and not quality. If you have been to one Sealife or Legoland Discovery Center, you have been to them all.

Merlin doomed the parks as soon as they bought out Tussauds by selling the land they sat on to an investor, who then charges significant rent halving the profitability. Seems like this was a move to recoup the money they had to shell out to buy them in the first place. It is only Chessington they still own outright, as the land is so valuable.

Heide Park pales in comparison to most other German parks. The traditional charm, beauty and quality attractions are just being taken out for tacky IP based rides which are clearly not helping attendance.

Fingers crossed Colossos will reopen - but generally Merlin don't spend major money on anything that won't see a decent return on investment.
TowersTimes.co.uk | SouthParks.co.uk

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby livai » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:34 pm

and for merlin this year it gets tough. gardaland (the only park that really made money) this year went really shit
leviathan & fury 325 = waste of money

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby mr.sugar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:22 am

Baffles wrote:I really do hope Merlin sell the parks to an owner who puts the customer experience first.

Their focus is clearly sucking all of the profits from them and expanding midway attractions which are literally all about quantity and not quality. If you have been to one Sealife or Legoland Discovery Center, you have been to them all.

Merlin doomed the parks as soon as they bought out Tussauds by selling the land they sat on to an investor, who then charges significant rent halving the profitability. Seems like this was a move to recoup the money they had to shell out to buy them in the first place. It is only Chessington they still own outright, as the land is so valuable.

Heide Park pales in comparison to most other German parks. The traditional charm, beauty and quality attractions are just being taken out for tacky IP based rides which are clearly not helping attendance.

Fingers crossed Colossos will reopen - but generally Merlin don't spend major money on anything that won't see a decent return on investment.

Can´t agree more. The IP stuff thing is soo SixFlag-ish.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby MrSum1_55 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:40 pm

So the silver lining to Merlin's bad management might be that their management is so bad it will force them to sell their parks?

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby mr.sugar » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:48 am

Any idea if there is any petition to save colossos?

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:04 am

^There might be, but signing any won't make even the slightest bit of difference to their decision

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:30 am

robbalvey wrote:Honestly, I can't decide which is dumber...

Universal removing a perfectly good roller coaster that still ranks very high on guest satisfaction...

or

Merlin not seeming to care that one of the world's highest rated roller coasters needs regular maintenance.

I just feel like parks all over the world are making incredibly stupid decisions lately but this all just fits perfectly into society devolving into Idiocracy.

And as I said above... "surprising no one..."

Sad... :cry:

It's really scary to think that some park management might agree to decide to only take the minimum amount of safety or maintenance precautions, which could potentially lead to horrible fatalities if rides aren't kept to the extremely high safety standards that they need to be.

I have personally witnessed where safety and quality have been sacrificed (or oft overlooked) in the never-ending war to drive down cost and increase profit margins for the shareholders, executives and other money-hungry people of their ilk.

Truly scary, yet pathetic, sad and idiotic all at the same time.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Dombot » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:04 pm

It's almost painful seeing a ride this popular/amazing be treated like this. :(
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:14 pm

^ Speaking of painful (ha ha), the only time I (and a few others) got to ride this coaster, was in
2008 during a TPR Europe Tour. But rain had started up, and when we finally rode it, it was like
nasty bullet-like bees were smacking right into our faces, etc. Awful ride. Good times.

I wish I had gotten the chance to ride it again... in dryer weather. :wink:
E_04LibertyAndColossus_HeidePark.jpg
Where Liberty used to stand - and Colossus. TPR 2008 Europe Tour. Before the rain beat us up.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!