Heide Park Discussion Thread

P. 105: Colossus will be closed for the 2017 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Heide Park Discussion Thread

Postby cookiex » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:20 pm

DirkFunk wrote:Colossos is the oldest of them all and thus it would be expected that if this was a condition that eventually came to bear, it would be there first. How can you be so certain that Merlin does a worse job maintaining rides than Six Flags?

What I've read is that Colossos didn't have these issues before last year, yet it was already in a horrid state when I rode it just two weeks into the season. I just have my doubts that this was an unavoidable issue.

If Balder suddenly starts running like garbage in a year or two there might be something to it.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 89

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Garet » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:15 am

DirkFunk wrote:
cookiex wrote:
DirkFunk wrote:
cookiex wrote:Maybe they shouldn't have let it reach such a state that they had to close it down in the first place?

Therein lies the problem. Can these rides be as easily repaired or fixed as traditional wood coasters? The company that makes the track now works for Gerstlauer, so how does that affect the ability for Intamin to source replacement parts? Can they?

If that were the case Balder, El Toro and T-Express would all face similar problems either now or eventually. I kinda doubt that tbh.

Colossos is the oldest of them all and thus it would be expected that if this was a condition that eventually came to bear, it would be there first. How can you be so certain that Merlin does a worse job maintaining rides than Six Flags?

Colossos may be older and T Express may be the newest, but it runs almost 10 and a half months with 2-3 trains constantly in a 365 day a year park: one that is open for almost 12 hours a day and it's one of only 2 big coasters in a park that is one of the busiest non disney/universal parks in the world.Couple that with extremely hot humid summers and -20 winters as well. If there were conditions I'd expect it to hit them before Colossos or the other 3. Kind of like how Hulk got rebuilt due to running more than a lot of other B&M's. Granted they get the rehab done for 6 weeks during those too cold to run times so it could be a case of awesome maintenance teams but it's still running great. Not day 1 great but for all those things I just listed it's pretty damn good.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:32 am

MrSum1_55 wrote:El Toro has begun to develop some rough spots as well, particularly in the turnaround and on the hill after the turnaround.

I've got to say, it's my home park so I ride that ride a ton and I feel like it's been running about the same for the last few seasons. If you sit in a wheel seat, you feel a shuffle at the bottom of the turnaround but this hasn't gotten any worse over the last few seasons and it's really a very minor complaint. The ride is in no way, shape or form a rough ride. I honestly think Six Flags has done a commendable job maintaining El Toro.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:49 am

^Agreed 1000%! Ive ridden Toro 100+ times over the last three years. The only noticeable issue is light jackhammering on the turnaround which I notice in a wheel or non-wheel seat. Anytime anyone says the thing has gotten rough I turn around like
Kim-Kardashian-are-you-on-crack-GIF-KUWK.gif

We'll be riding it Saturday so we'll let you know how its holding up.
Look for the humor in anything and you will find it.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman: The Ride - Intimidator 305 -
Wicked Cyclone - Phantoms Revenge - Millennium Force - Storm Runner - Nitro

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby b&mforever » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:14 pm

IDK why people have this notion that Six Flags doesn't maintain their rides well. Go to a park like Mt. Olympus if you wanna see what neglecting rides looks like. El Toro still runs great. Ride any random mid 90's B&M at a Six Flags park and they are all butter smooth still. Or Take a ride on the Wild One at SFA which is coming up on 100 years old sometime this year. Or another great oldie but goldie Comet at Great Escape. The ones that ride like crap like Texas Giant (pre refurb) are more the manufacturers fault. Every Dinn woodie from the 90's beat the crap out of themselves regardless of who owned them. I hope to see Colossos back up in the future. It would be a real loss to lose one of these rare intamin Prefabs. And as much as I love RMC's, the idea of RMCing an intamin prefab is complete blasphemy.

Postby cookiex » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:02 am

Ghostbusters update

The new burger restaurant replacing Piratenburger

Source
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |

Postby cookiex » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Ghostbusters will soft open on the 15th

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby petestrash » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:44 pm

Is anyone aware of any coupons, codes or other discounts for single entry to Heide Park?

I'll be there May 12th.

Thanks,
Peter.

Postby cookiex » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:54 pm

petestrash wrote:Is anyone aware of any coupons, codes or other discounts for single entry to Heide Park?

I'll be there May 12th.

Thanks,
Peter.

You can get a reduced price on entry if you buy your tickets online in advance instead of at the gate. 5+ days in advance saves you €13.

https://www.heide-park.de/tickets/tages-tickets.html

Note that Express Butler won't be available since it's only available on weekends outside of summer.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby petestrash » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:20 am

cookiex wrote:You can get a reduced price on entry if you buy your tickets online in advance instead of at the gate. 5+ days in advance saves you €13.

https://www.heide-park.de/tickets/tages-tickets.html

Thanks,

I have also since found Groupon are doing tickets for €29,50 at the moment.
www.groupon.de

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!