Heide Park Discussion Thread

P. 105: Colossus will be closed for the 2017 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Heide Park Discussion Thread

Postby cookiex » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:43 am

LeoBruz199 wrote:I honestly cannot comprehend the lack of enthusiasm in this thread. I think it's pretty good that Colossos is finally getting some TLC. It can mean nothing but good.

Then again, you all know what this site's views on enthusiasm are ;) ;)

Maybe they shouldn't have let it reach such a state that they had to close it down in the first place?
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 89

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby LeoBruz199 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:39 am

cookiex wrote:
LeoBruz199 wrote:I honestly cannot comprehend the lack of enthusiasm in this thread. I think it's pretty good that Colossos is finally getting some TLC. It can mean nothing but good.

Maybe they shouldn't have let it reach such a state that they had to close it down in the first place?

Perhaps. But at least Merlin's doing something about it. Still better than leaving it to essentially rot.

As I said before, nothing but good can come out of this, eventually. :airtime: :airtimer:
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby CSLKennyNI » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:57 am

LeoBruz199 wrote:
cookiex wrote:

Perhaps. But at least Merlin's doing something about it. Still better than leaving it to essentially rot.

As I said before, nothing but good can come out of this, eventually. :airtime: :airtimer:

Merlin isn't doing anything at the moment though. The ride has been shut since July and they haven't done any work to it. It's hard to believe that this isn't anything other than they just didn't want to spend the money required. People are right to be cautious considering Merlin's previous TLC endeavours have mostly been an excuse to get rid of attractions eg. Sub terra and CATCF at Towers and Loggers Leap at Thorpe - which they said would be closed for a year for refurbishment and then that never materialised.
However I personally think they have no choice but to repair Colossus it stands out unlike the SBNO attractions in AT which are easily hidden and don't draw attention. People will start to be enthusiastic when work starts and we know for certain it is coming back next year.
And as said above they should never have let it get in such a bad state.

Postby cookiex » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:47 am

Ghostbusters

| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |

Ignore this post, I'm probably drunk

Postby Vtafro » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:57 pm

Heide is on our itinerary for our germany trip. Colossus being down for the year is a bit disappointing, but with the entire park being new for us, we just will have to use it as a great reason to come back.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby CSLKennyNI » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:06 am

Heide Park have revealed that they haven't actually decided on the future for Colossus.

Their latest statement on Colossus being closed for 2017 from the article linked below ends with "The complex testing and decision-making processes tend to end, and as soon as there is news, we will announce them".

The author of the article goes on to criticise Merlin and the park for the lack of information given out and the fact they claim to haven't decided on the future of the ride - when it has already been shut since July.

The fact they haven't actually decided to repair it yet it is worrying - they could still decide to demolish it or leave it SBNO....

http://www.freizeitpark-welt.de/freizeitparks/heide_park/heide_park_start.php?id=2&nid=2843

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:16 am

cookiex wrote:Maybe they shouldn't have let it reach such a state that they had to close it down in the first place?

Therein lies the problem. Can these rides be as easily repaired or fixed as traditional wood coasters? The company that makes the track now works for Gerstlauer, so how does that affect the ability for Intamin to source replacement parts? Can they?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:20 am

Merlin.

I get that they make some big B&M investments at the parks they have bought and manage, but overall I feel that they are charm killers and have brought lots of problems to parks.

Heide had all of this really great German charm/weirdness and I feel like they're pulling it out with Dreamworks and now Ghostbusters and now whatever is happening with Colossos.

Postby cookiex » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:25 pm

DirkFunk wrote:
cookiex wrote:Maybe they shouldn't have let it reach such a state that they had to close it down in the first place?

Therein lies the problem. Can these rides be as easily repaired or fixed as traditional wood coasters? The company that makes the track now works for Gerstlauer, so how does that affect the ability for Intamin to source replacement parts? Can they?

If that were the case Balder, El Toro and T-Express would all face similar problems either now or eventually. I kinda doubt that tbh.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:57 pm

cookiex wrote:
DirkFunk wrote:

If that were the case Balder, El Toro and T-Express would all face similar problems either now or eventually. I kinda doubt that tbh.

Colossos is the oldest of them all and thus it would be expected that if this was a condition that eventually came to bear, it would be there first. How can you be so certain that Merlin does a worse job maintaining rides than Six Flags?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!