Heide Park Discussion Thread

P. 105: Colossus will be closed for the 2017 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Heide Park Discussion Thread

Postby cookiex » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:23 am

IMAscore has composed a new soundtrack for Bobbahn and uploaded it to Youtube.

| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 89

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Postby cookiex » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:00 am

New attraction replacing Koggenfahrt in 2018

On to new adventures!
Use until November 5th the chance to shoot great souvenir photos of your kids in our Wichtelhausenbahn and enjoy the last rounds in the Koggenfahrt.
But do not worry: The Wichtelhausen Railway will not leave us, but shines in 2018 for you in new splendor. At the place of the Koggenfahrt a new, extraordinary adventure awaits you next year!

What you can look forward to in the coming season, we tell you in the new year. Be excited!

(Translated)

Source: Heide-Park Facebook

No word on Colossos, for those who are wondering.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby mr.sugar » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:28 am

cookiex wrote:New attraction replacing Koggenfahrt in 2018

On to new adventures!
Use until November 5th the chance to shoot great souvenir photos of your kids in our Wichtelhausenbahn and enjoy the last rounds in the Koggenfahrt.
But do not worry: The Wichtelhausen Railway will not leave us, but shines in 2018 for you in new splendor. At the place of the Koggenfahrt a new, extraordinary adventure awaits you next year!

What you can look forward to in the coming season, we tell you in the new year. Be excited!

(Translated)

Source: Heide-Park Facebook

No word on Colossos, for those who are wondering.

I´m just not wondering anymore....

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Imagineer Josh » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:15 pm

https://rcdb.com/988.htm

Why was the height lowered over 30 feet?
Coaster Count - 128
Top 10 Coasters: 1. Voyage - 2. Lightning Rod - 3. X2 - 4. Storm Chaser - 5. Maverick - 6. Twisted Colossus - 7. Goliath (SFGAm) - 8. Millennium Force - 9. Cornball Express - 10. Magnum XL-200
Top 5 Parks: 1. Dollywood - 2. Holiday World - 3. Cedar Point - 4. Universal's Islands of Adventure - 5. Six Flags Magic Mountain

Postby cookiex » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:48 pm

Imagineer Josh wrote:https://rcdb.com/988.htm

Why was the height lowered over 30 feet?

The original information was probably inaccurate. Up until a few years ago RCDB also had Colossos' top speed listed as 120 km/h (~75 mph) but it was lowered to 110 km/h (~68 mph).

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:26 am

Wait...so was the park lying about the height this whole time? Also, does this mean El Toro has actually been the tallest operating wood coaster for the past several years? I always thought it was Colossos.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby JordyC » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:30 pm

^Acoording to RCDB, the tallest wooden coaster is T Express, and the wooden coaster with the biggest drop (not counting Goliath) is El Toro. So yes, Colossos is no longer the record holder.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Phantasialand Wintertraum || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Intamin themselves list Colossos at 53 meters with a 100 km/h top speed, and El Toro at 55 meters with a 113 km/h top speed.
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby JordyC » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:37 am

Update Colossos

Over the course of the season, you have been asking us questions about Colossos. Today we would like to share with you what has occupied us the last few months. A little patience is still needed. We await the decision on the future of Colossos until early January. As soon as the decision has been made, you will receive comprehensive information on January 11, 2018. Until then we will answer the most common questions in this video.

Note that the video is in German, but you can use the not-so-great automatic translation that Youtube offers. It is better than nothing, I guess.

Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Phantasialand Wintertraum || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Dombot » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:52 am

1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!