TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Heide Park Discussion Thread

^How is that company worse? My only experience with them is Kennywood. While Kennywood's operations leave a lot to be desired, the park seemed pretty well maintained when I was there. Plus, I have never heard of any park owned by them shutting down a beloved coaster. (Though there was that recent incident where the kid fell off the wood coaster at Idlewild).

• 1 month later...

New attraction replacing Koggenfahrt in 2018

On to new adventures!

Use until November 5th the chance to shoot great souvenir photos of your kids in our Wichtelhausenbahn and enjoy the last rounds in the Koggenfahrt.

But do not worry: The Wichtelhausen Railway will not leave us, but shines in 2018 for you in new splendor. At the place of the Koggenfahrt a new, extraordinary adventure awaits you next year!

What you can look forward to in the coming season, we tell you in the new year. Be excited!

(Translated)

Source: Heide-Park Facebook

No word on Colossos, for those who are wondering.

New attraction replacing Koggenfahrt in 2018

On to new adventures!

Use until November 5th the chance to shoot great souvenir photos of your kids in our Wichtelhausenbahn and enjoy the last rounds in the Koggenfahrt.

But do not worry: The Wichtelhausen Railway will not leave us, but shines in 2018 for you in new splendor. At the place of the Koggenfahrt a new, extraordinary adventure awaits you next year!

What you can look forward to in the coming season, we tell you in the new year. Be excited!

(Translated)

Source: Heide-Park Facebook

No word on Colossos, for those who are wondering.

I´m just not wondering anymore....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update Colossos

Over the course of the season, you have been asking us questions about Colossos. Today we would like to share with you what has occupied us the last few months. A little patience is still needed. We await the decision on the future of Colossos until early January. As soon as the decision has been made, you will receive comprehensive information on January 11, 2018. Until then we will answer the most common questions in this video.

Note that the video is in German, but you can use the not-so-great automatic translation that Youtube offers. It is better than nothing, I guess.

Here an English summary of the situation:

So, because Colossos is a prototype, its track is made of a special type of rail. This led to extra inspections by the TÜV. During one of those inspections, it became clear that the condition of the track was worse then assumed, leading to an immediate closure. The complete track of 1500 meters long has to be replaced. Because of the complexity of this operation, it will cost as much as a completely new installation, and it will take two to three years. On top of that, the companies with the ability to execute the operation will have to create the capacity to do that job, and the pinewood of which the track has to be made, is, supposedly, also not easy to get, so those things will also add up time to the operation. Next January, the park will make a decision about Colossos' future.

Source: ParkErlebnis

If this is all true, it seems to me that the future of Colossos is not looking bright.

So, because Colossos is a prototype, its track is made of a special type of rail. This led to extra inspections by the TÜV. During one of those inspections, it became clear that the condition of the track was worse then assumed, leading to an immediate closure. The complete track of 1500 meters long has to be replaced. Because of the complexity of this operation, it will cost as much as a completely new installation, and it will take two to three years. On top of that, the companies with the ability to execute the operation will have to create the capacity to do that job, and the pinewood of which the track has to be made, is, supposedly, also not easy to get, so those things will also add up time to the operation. Next January, the park will make a decision about Colossos' future.

If this is all true, it seems to me that the future of Colossos is not looking bright.

Indeed, if that´s the case, they better to tear it down and build a new rollercoaster. I love Colossos, but it will probably be really better.

Well, that was a depressing read.

Things don't seem to be looking up for Colossos.