The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: coasterbill and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterlvr » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Jason Maier wrote:How long has Green Lantern been down?

And what kind of refurbishment is Viper getting? (retracking and/or new trains)

green lantern has been down about a year. well, i think so, from what other say. i don't pay any attention to is since i plan to never ride it again. lol

neal thurman said at west coast bash that viper is getting a "new control system". but i've also seen pictures with the chain missing. so maybe it's also getting a new chain at the same time. i doubt new trains or retracking. neal also joked about it getting new trains with solid steel over the shoulder restraints. :br

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby x2isawesome » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Anyone know how long a line would take when it all the way to the entrance. I've never seen it that long before

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TatsuXtreme » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:20 pm

x2isawesome wrote:Anyone know how long a line would take when it all the way to the entrance. I've never seen it that long before

Me neither. If all the switchbacks were filled then that's a good 3 hours as they were only running one train.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:21 am

coasterlvr wrote:
Jason Maier wrote:How long has Green Lantern been down?

And what kind of refurbishment is Viper getting? (retracking and/or new trains)

green lantern has been down about a year. well, i think so, from what other say. i don't pay any attention to is since i plan to never ride it again. lol

neal thurman said at west coast bash that viper is getting a "new control system". but i've also seen pictures with the chain missing. so maybe it's also getting a new chain at the same time. i doubt new trains or retracking. neal also joked about it getting new trains with solid steel over the shoulder restraints. :br

Chain could have to come off for new wiring/sensors.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby SteVeUrkle » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:02 pm

x2isawesome wrote:Anyone know how long a line would take when it all the way to the entrance. I've never seen it that long before

Depends on queue switchbacks, trains on the track, etc. How 'bout we just skip wasting time and go for: WAY TOO LONG AND NOT WORTH IT!!!

Pretty much I'll only ride Goliath anymore if it is walk-on. I will consider riding if it is at the beginning of the turn right before the stairs -- but rarely. That's if I'm there with a friend/friends that INSISTS on riding it. Sometimes even that walk from the big Goliath entrance sign to the station seems to take forever, so by the time you get in line it's like screw it, we've gone this far...
Live Cedar Point Queue Times: https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby southpuddle » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:17 pm

Definitely waited through the entire queue on multiple occasions the first couple years Goliath was open. Didn’t remember waiting absurdly long though - but I’m sure back then they were running three trains, weren’t stacking for minutes on end, and FlashPass wasn’t really a thing yet (or if it was, wasn’t nearly as popular as it is now) so the line actually moved like it was intended to.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Ron101 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:24 am

Why does the park run 2 stations on Tatsu with only 2 trains? There are some instances when both trains are out on the track and everyone in the station is just standing there. They should only be doing this when they have 3 trains.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby JeromyL » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:30 am

Ron101 wrote:Why does the park run 2 stations on Tatsu with only 2 trains? There are some instances when both trains are out on the track and everyone in the station is just standing there. They should only be doing this when they have 3 trains.

on the flip side of this, I've seen many instances where the 2nd train is stacked waiting on the slow load time of the first train in a single station operation...it's very uncomfortable....
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/1ca0001026f6d685dfa4545ede364cfc.jpg[/img][/url]

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bgtlover » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:28 am

Ron101 wrote:Why does the park run 2 stations on Tatsu with only 2 trains? There are some instances when both trains are out on the track and everyone in the station is just standing there. They should only be doing this when they have 3 trains.

It still provides more capacity. Have you sat, well been left hanging on one of these for an extended time? I can tell you it's not fun. Issues in loading can be frequent on these rides at times. Using both sides not only helps with capacity, but in getting people off the ride. I would rather be standing in line waiting to ride, than several minutes hanging there because they are slow in loading the train in front of me.
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mts » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:38 pm

Is Magic Mountain doing this bizarre promo as well? You go in a coffin for 30 hours...
six.png

PreviousNext