The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby mark549 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:39 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Smaller trains are cheaper. I really don't expect there to be any other reasoning.

Shorter trains make longer lines ... and sell more flash passes.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TatsuXtreme » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Has anyone heard anything about what's going on with the rewards program yet? I've been trying to sign up for a week and a half now and it still seems to be down.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Coastin' thru life » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:06 pm

Well, if they can disbatch a train every 45 seconds to keep the flow going, even a long line should move fairly quickly

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:10 pm

Coastin' thru life wrote:Well, if they can disbatch a train every 45 seconds to keep the flow going, even a long line should move fairly quickly

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: i'm not sure any coaster at magic mountain dispatches in that time.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:27 pm

great TR from WCB a couple of pages back.

what did Andy think of MM? I've never been either, and it's something I plan to do in the future.

If WCB happens again next year, I'm gonna attend for sure!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:54 pm

TatsuXtreme wrote:Has anyone heard anything about what's going on with the rewards program yet? I've been trying to sign up for a week and a half now and it still seems to be down.

I've tried several times today since I was at the park with no success. It keeps coming up with an error. I want to start getting my points. :lmao:
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com]Image

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:07 pm

bert425 wrote:great TR from WCB a couple of pages back.

what did Andy think of MM? I've never been either, and it's something I plan to do in the future.

If WCB happens again next year, I'm gonna attend for sure!

it's an awesome event, bert. definitely recommended. i think andy said magic mountain was what he expected. or maybe he said a little worse. lol i don't remember. pretty sure at some point within the year there will be a trip report from him. lol

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby SFMMFan76 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:23 pm

TatsuXtreme wrote:Has anyone heard anything about what's going on with the rewards program yet? I've been trying to sign up for a week and a half now and it still seems to be down.

That's odd. I successfully signed up at the beginning of September for the rewards program. And after seeing your post, I decided to check my account. It looks like they reset everything and I'm no longer registered. I also get the error message when trying to re-sign up.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TatsuXtreme » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:44 am

SFMMFan76 wrote:

That's odd. I successfully signed up at the beginning of September for the rewards program. And after seeing your post, I decided to check my account. It looks like they reset everything and I'm no longer registered. I also get the error message when trying to re-sign up.

Kind of sucks since I'm pretty sure fright fest maze passes were supposed to be one of the rewards.. I'm gonna head to the park for a few hours today. I'll see if anyone at membership headquarters or guest relations knows what's going on

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:54 am

coasterlvr wrote:
Coastin' thru life wrote:Well, if they can disbatch a train every 45 seconds to keep the flow going, even a long line should move fairly quickly

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: i'm not sure any coaster at magic mountain dispatches in that time.

I totally get why that seems silly, but honestly, I feel like if any coaster in the park is going to dispatch in that time, West Coast Racers will be it. It's much easier and faster to check 12 people's restraints than say 24, 28, or 32. And I know the comfort collars will slow that down a little, but not having seatbelts and being able to immediately pull down the restraint does make a difference. This on top of the new loose article method they plan on implementing for this ride, I can totally see 45 second dispatches.

Superman at SFDK pumped out trains every 30-45 seconds and the line moved very well.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

PreviousNext