The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5236 - CraZantiy Media Day Report!
Users viewing this topic: PeoplemoverMatt, SingleRiderCam and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Manic Monte » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:36 pm

Yeah well, we might as well give up that fantasy. SFMM is slapping inversions on whatever they build. They even added a "virtual" loop to their version of Justice League. :lol:

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:54 pm

Two other questions on the survey asked, "Which ride has the fastest inversions?" and "Which ride has the tallest inversions?"

Yeah. This thing is definitely going to have inversions. :lol:

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Nitro1118 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:57 am

I just got the same survey for SFGAdv with the same questions, except for the "new land" part. I think you guys might be taking the questions a little too literally, lol...

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby southpuddle » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:03 pm

I just got the survey, and the last 8 pages or so asked me how much things would/should cost, but each question was written: “How much do you think you would have to pay for a a?” And “How much do you think you should have to pay for a waterpark a waterpark?” I just gave each answer 0.01, as it was the lowest acceptable amount, and clicked the “needs better proofreading” button when the survey asked how the survey could’ve been better LOL...

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:51 pm

So I was just getting some ice cream near the front of the park and noticed an abc7 news van parked outside the main gate. They're getting a camera set up now. It's pretty smokey here too. Does anyone know if there's a fire nearby or why the news is here?

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby SFMMFan76 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:24 pm

I received my survey today at it was questions about a new Membership Rewards Program. No questions about rides or such. I did notice they ask what park is your home park. Mine is SFMM and they are asking about giraffe feeding and stuff. Last time I checked SFMM didn't have giraffes. They need to make the surveys appropriate to what you select as your home park. Oh, and they really need to proofread before sending these surveys out....

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby VTown661 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:09 pm

Twistedtatsu805 wrote:So I was just getting some ice cream near the front of the park and noticed an abc7 news van parked outside the main gate. They're getting a camera set up now. It's pretty smokey here too. Does anyone know if there's a fire nearby or why the news is here?

It was just a live weather telecast with Leo Stallworth a general assignment reporter for ABC7 Eyewitness News. Talked with Sue of SFMM and just reminded people to stay hydrated and then featured tape of a couple gals at a strip mall talking of the weather, and showed the city of SCV breaking ground for a new fire-station. Pretty cool SFMM allowed them inside the park to do this forecast.
At times i will do random acts of kindness.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:23 pm

Ok - I guess we're getting started now:

A second poster says

Launching into a Thrilling 2019
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Expedition GeForce|Medusa Steel
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby VegasBaby » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:29 pm

chickenbowl wrote:Ok - I guess we're getting started now:

A second poster says

Launching into a Thrilling 2019

This has got to be some kind of launched racing coaster right? I can't imagine what else it would be based on those teasers. Maybe the two is taking about two separate rides, which would point to a launched coaster and maybe some kind of flat? Either way, we'll know what it is in 20 days!
Coaster Count: 202 Last Coaster: El Toro
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby VTown661 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:33 pm

Twistedtatsu805 wrote:So I was just getting some ice cream near the front of the park and noticed an abc7 news van parked outside the main gate. They're getting a camera set up now. It's pretty smokey here too. Does anyone know if there's a fire nearby or why the news is here?

Here is link to what KABC was doing at the park Thursday with just a weather report.
At times i will do random acts of kindness.

PreviousNext