The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: willthethrill and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I will provide you with maximum pleasure.
User avatar
 
Posts: 5692
Joined: 03 Oct 2007
Location: KY -> Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Age: 24

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby DBru » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:49 pm

My survey asked specific questions about Maxx Force.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!
 
Posts: 53
Joined: 21 May 2018
Gender: Male
Age: 41

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Truth Hurts » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:30 am

I have a feeling Maxx Force is going to be the name. Just hope its not like was said before, Maxx Forceless! I want something that is going to give me that OH F*%$ factor. :wtf:

Is that asking too much?

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"
User avatar
 
Posts: 492
Joined: 15 Jul 2014
Location: Utah
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby jonskinny12 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:47 pm

Is it common for Six Flags to send surverys for names of rides that are currently under construction? It seems to be a little late in the process for that, but maybe I'm wrong.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 13260
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: The bar
Gender: Male
Age: 30

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:17 pm

Truth Hurts wrote:I have a feeling Maxx Force is going to be the name. Just hope its not like was said before, Maxx Forceless! I want something that is going to give me that OH F*%$ factor. :wtf:

Is that asking too much?


What?

Don't put that donkey on the floor!
User avatar
 
Posts: 1631
Joined: 02 Oct 2010
Location: Chitown
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Ed Farmer » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:38 pm

jonskinny12 wrote:Is it common for Six Flags to send surveys for names of rides that are currently under construction? It seems to be a little late in the process for that, but maybe I'm wrong.


Based on many of the recent names- Blue Hawk, <Random DC Character>, Crazanity, tack a Twisted/Iron/Wicked in front of the name of a recently Rocky Mountain'd coaster, recycled names (Goliath, as an example)... I get the feeling that not a lot of thought is put into the naming process to begin with- so it probably doesn't matter.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"
User avatar
 
Posts: 492
Joined: 15 Jul 2014
Location: Utah
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby jonskinny12 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:55 pm

Ed Farmer wrote:
jonskinny12 wrote:Is it common for Six Flags to send surveys for names of rides that are currently under construction? It seems to be a little late in the process for that, but maybe I'm wrong.


Based on many of the recent names- Blue Hawk, <Random DC Character>, Crazanity, tack a Twisted/Iron/Wicked in front of the name of a recently Rocky Mountain'd coaster, recycled names (Goliath, as an example)... I get the feeling that not a lot of thought is put into the naming process to begin with- so it probably doesn't matter.


Oh I totally agree about the level of thought they've put into naming recent rides. I just see people looking at this survey and trying to guess what the current construction project is based on the options. It seems like they would already have the names of any new/re-themed attractions nailed down.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!
 
Posts: 53
Joined: 21 May 2018
Gender: Male
Age: 41

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Truth Hurts » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:08 pm

coasterbill wrote:
Truth Hurts wrote:I have a feeling Maxx Force is going to be the name. Just hope its not like was said before, Maxx Forceless! I want something that is going to give me that OH F*%$ factor. :wtf:

Is that asking too much?


What?


A speed demon with forceful inversions.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!
 
Posts: 106
Joined: 13 Feb 2018
Gender: None specified

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Coastin' thru life » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:04 pm

....I'll trade 'forceful inversions' for airtime galore

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!
User avatar
 
Posts: 866
Joined: 30 Nov 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Age: 25

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby joelwee » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:09 pm

Coastin' thru life wrote:....I'll trade 'forceful inversions' for airtime galore

:nina: This park could definitely use another airtime machine, IMO. It already has its share of looping coasters.
Image
Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!
 
Posts: 53
Joined: 21 May 2018
Gender: Male
Age: 41

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Truth Hurts » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:57 pm

Coastin' thru life wrote:....I'll trade 'forceful inversions' for airtime galore


Yeah, maybe you are right.

PreviousNext