The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Pg 5042 - CraZanity Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby edgeboy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:59 pm

I'm actually heading to Out on the Mountain tomorrow night. Never gone before... anyone else done it? How crowded will it be? Interestingly, they're opening two of the haunt mazes... any ideas if those will get long lines?

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby thesman » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:48 am

edgeboy wrote:I'm actually heading to Out on the Mountain tomorrow night. Never gone before... anyone else done it? How crowded will it be? Interestingly, they're opening two of the haunt mazes... any ideas if those will get long lines?

Friday night during fright fest, extremely crowded

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby thedlr » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:56 am

jtaudioacc wrote:
thedlr wrote:The email I received a couple of days ago said the BAFF offer is for today (September 21) or October 9.

those are add on days to what's already available. but yeah, when i got that email, i questioned it because i did remember it being all of september.

Ignore me. I forgot our 2017 passes are from SFDK from our trip last year (only $50 each). I guess I got that email from renewing 2018 with SFMM again. Anyway we're heading to the park in an hour. Right now, the app doesn't show Apocalypse being closed, so maybe we'll get a lap.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby joshfreund » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:48 pm

Except MM doesnt have Fright fest tonight and I find it hilarious that knotts is open 8 hours longer

Postby mike932 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Enjoyed park today 10:30 to 3pm. Girlfriend got in for free as hoped. Second parking lot was half full when I left, which not bad considering it was BFF and gay special event. Weather was perfect.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby MagicMountainMan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:12 am

FYI for those of you trying to get on Apocalypse during the week, they have been opening the ride late. For the first half of the day the carpenters are working on it, then for the second half of the day they open the ride.

For Fright Fest operating days they should be opening the ride at or around park open.

Postby edgeboy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:04 am

I did go to Out on the Mountain last night, which is a gay night private party. Got there not long after 6pm, and the lines for most rides were quite short. They did open up two mazes, Vault 666 and Toys of Terror (which their own promotional email called "Tower of Terror" by mistake, lol). Lines were very short there as well. They gave participants a wristband to separate them from the GP. The lines for rides did begin to increase around 10pm, but it was nice to be at Magic Mountain and be surround by (mostly) guys in their 30s+, and not a bunch of high schoolers.

And I must add, I did get two night rides on Apocalypse, and it was surprisingly the best rides I've ever had on it. Harkened back to its opening days. Granted, both rides were in the front seat, so I don't know if it's worse in the back, I didn't want to risk it, lol. But if this keeps up, it could return to being a hidden gem of a favorite that most have written off (including me, for a while--but if this keeps up, not anymore). Plus, I've never been on it at night, and I must say that the lift hill drops you off into a very desolate, dark landscape... we were able to see stars in the sky as we climbed the lift hill. The crest of the hill faces an underdeveloped area of the park, so it felt incredibly isolated. It was unexpectedly cool. I'd love to get more night rides on that! (Granted, at Fright Fest, with a major outdoor maze right next to it, the effect could be diminished. They weren't running that maze last night, so it was nearly totally dark.)
Last edited by edgeboy on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:24 am.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coasternut » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:37 am

edgeboy wrote:I did go to Out on the Mountain last night, which is a gay night private party. Got there not long after 6pm, and the lines for most rides were quite short. They did open up two mazes, Vault 666 and Toys of Terror (which their own promotional email called Tower of Terror by mistake, lol). Lines were very short there as well. They gave participants a wristband to separate them from the GP. The lines for rides did begin to increase around 10pm, but it was nice to be at Magic Mountain and be surround by (mostly) guys in their 30, and not a bunch of high schoolers.

And I must add, I did get two night rides on Apocalypse, and it was surprisingly the best rides I've ever had on it. Harkened back to its opening days. Granted, both rides were in the front seat, so I don't know if it's worse in the back, I didn't want to risk it, lol. But if this keeps up, it could return to being a hidden gem of a favorite that most have written off (including me, for a while--but if this keeps up, not anymore). Plus, I've never been on it at night, and I must say that the lift hill drops you off into a very desolate, dark landscape... we were able to see stars in the sky as we climbed the lift hill. The crest of the hill faces an underdeveloped area of the park, so it felt incredibly isolated. It was unexpectedly cool. I'd love to get more night rides on that! (Granted, at Fright Fest, with a major outdoor maze right next to it, the effect could be diminished. They weren't running that maze last night, so it was nearly totally dark.)

Sounds great, I used to really love "P0cky." :airtimer:
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby jonskinny12 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:36 pm

edgeboy wrote:I did go to Out on the Mountain last night, which is a gay night private party. Got there not long after 6pm, and the lines for most rides were quite short. They did open up two mazes, Vault 666 and Toys of Terror (which their own promotional email called "Tower of Terror" by mistake, lol). Lines were very short there as well. They gave participants a wristband to separate them from the GP. The lines for rides did begin to increase around 10pm, but it was nice to be at Magic Mountain and be surround by (mostly) guys in their 30s+, and not a bunch of high schoolers.

Having that maze open makes a small difference, but night rides on Apocalypse are great either way! I'm glad to hear that you had such a great time on it. I'm excited to try it next week for the first time since the major retracking!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby fpsphil » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:56 pm

Wasn’t the sky tower at magic mountain originally supposed to be a playboy party house? With the passing of Hefner it would be cool if the Park actually got it reopened in some kind of memory of him. I seriously miss that tower. Spent many hours at WCB up there escaping the heat in the AC feeling like I was designing a park in RCT looking down.

PreviousNext