The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Pg 5042 - CraZanity Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby ALT2870 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:22 pm

DoubleDown wrote:I don't think ANYONE on this site has EVER suggested buying a Flash Pass BEFORE YOU GO TO THE PARK. It doesn't save you time, it doesn't save you money,...

I digress on the above statement.

If you want to maximize your time at a park that you have never been to or only go once so often then yes, buy it in advance. It absolutely saves you time, I should know, I stood nearly an hour in line to get one one day. Some places it does save you money as well.

That being said, if you don't want to maximize time or making your decision on crowds, then yes, wait till you get there. Robb has made an excellent point that even on more quieter days, that flash pass makes your day much more enjoyable. (By the way Robb, do you buy them in advance for your trips out of curiosity.)

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:07 pm

Went to the park tonight for Fright Fest with plans of buying Front of Line passes, but we turned around and left once we saw the state of the parking lot. By 6pm, all lots and dirt lots were maxed out and workers were trying to herd cars into a makeshift area I’ve never even seen before. It was at the base of a hill, so I assume there was nowhere else to go after that. We went tonight knowing it’d be packed as that’s part of the fun for Halloween, but this was something else. Hopefully it’s not as bad inside as it looked and people have fun, but we’ll definitely try for another night. Definitely curious to hear on-the-ground reports!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby WestCoasterKing » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:25 pm

This is a really good idea.

And while they are at give Viper some MK1212 trains.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Queeniethenthusiast » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:31 pm

This is so cool!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:39 pm

No. Those Vekoma suspended trains are terrible. I've ridden them on both Vampire and Dreamcatcher. They shake and rattle and actually made both coasters WORSE. I had ridden both of them with the original trains and the upgrades. Do NOT do this to Ninja! It would make the ride rough and uncomfortable and I guarantee would seal its fate.

Postby WestCoasterKing » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:36 am

robbalvey wrote:No. Those Vekoma suspended trains are terrible. I've ridden them on both Vampire and Dreamcatcher. They shake and rattle and actually made both coasters WORSE. I had ridden both of them with the original trains and the upgrades. Do NOT do this to Ninja! It would make the ride rough and uncomfortable and I guarantee would seal its fate.

Oh, bummer. That's too bad because an open train would have been really cool what with it zipping through the trees. Maybe they can just take the shells off the current ones. No, that probably wouldn't work either.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:17 am

Ninja (in my mind) is already one of the best coasters in the park. It's fine the way it is.

Postby WestCoasterKing » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:11 am

coasterbill wrote:Ninja (in my mind) is already one of the best coasters in the park. It's fine the way it is.

No, argument there.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby JT325 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:38 am

The only thing I could think of to improve Ninja would be to ditch those shoulder bars. They're annoying, but not painful. I love that ride :angel:
#CPFrontierLift2019

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Domm » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:15 am

JT325 wrote:The only thing I could think of to improve Ninja would be to ditch those shoulder bars. They're annoying, but not painful. I love that ride :angel:

Agree! Great ride even without the jungle. The restraints do cause a little of that cloastraphobia. Also got it on the vest restraints on x-flight sfgam.

PreviousNext