TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Why do people order Stella? It's piss beer that's always priced as if it's something fancy and exclusive. It's Budwesier with a stupid f*cking bottle. I don't care if it's on draft, it should never be (tied for) the most expensive thing on the menu when there are three craft beers and one fake craft beer on the menu. Just order a Bud Light and get over yourself.

Uhhh...you can't be serious if you think Stella tastes anything like a Bud Light. And if it's only going to cost another $1.75 after I'm already paying an arm and a leg for a beer? And it's DRAFT instead of a bottle? DURRR. Yeah, I'm going with the Stella. Everytime.

Don't hate on Stella cause it's got it's own fancy chalice and your beer doesn't.

Why do people order Stella? It's piss beer that's always priced as if it's something fancy and exclusive. It's Budwesier with a stupid f*cking bottle. I don't care if it's on draft, it should never be (tied for) the most expensive thing on the menu when there are three craft beers and one fake craft beer on the menu. Just order a Bud Light and get over yourself.

Uhhh...you can't be serious if you think Stella tastes anything like a Bud Light. And if it's only going to cost another $1.75 after I'm already paying an arm and a leg for a beer? And it's DRAFT instead of a bottle? DURRR. Yeah, I'm going with the Stella. Everytime.

Don't hate on Stella cause it's got it's own fancy chalice and your beer doesn't.

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some questions I was hoping could be answered for the new West Coast Racers ride. [1] What's the difference between a zero G roll and a zero G stall? [2] What are high-banked turns and how are they different from overbanked turns? [3] What are over/under near misses? [4] What are meant by track crossovers? Thanks.

(1) zero g roll is basically a roll at the apex of a airtime hill like the 3rd inversion of Scream, zero g stall pauses in roll upside down like twisted or west coast racers.

(2) high- banked turn is just that a turn with alot of bank up to 90 degess, an overbank is a turn where the bank exceeds 90 degress.

(3)near misses, again just like it sounds, ya know, head choppers, weaving close to structures or two trains over and under each other

(4) track crossovers? You're really typing your own answers here....when the tracks cross over (or under) each other, typically referred to on a racing or dueling coaster...

That help?

Yes, it does for the most part. Wasn't really sure about the head choppers part, though. Thanks.

So I didn't really get any pictures on Saturday night due to the excitement and the massive crowds. I did go again on Sunday and managed to get a few pictures. The crowds were somewhat light (on Sunday) considering the event and waits for the mazes werent much longer than 5 minutes. Quick notes: They are offering a season maze pass add on for passholders/members. Unlimited maze access for $35 dollars. Also I found out on Saturday that they do set a limit on how many front of the line passes that they give out for Diamond/Diamond Elite members. Went on Saturday to collect my FOL pass and was told they were "sold out." Sorry in advance for my crappy camera quality.

IMG_20180916_124730154.thumb.jpg.e007636545ad3a4704c53eee4a362d96.jpg

Fright Fest is Here!!!

IMG_20180916_132634211.thumb.jpg.52b9a26199efc70a9dd72ba4fc37ebe8.jpg

Pretty sure this is a new sign this year

IMG_20180916_132719544.thumb.jpg.5a8145fadd323b19be68bb3c82d4d2cb.jpg

New shrooms this year

IMG_20180916_174136474_HDR.thumb.jpg.cd1d033bdc03563ff4037926071e7495.jpg

Scenery Around Terrortory Twisted!

IMG_20180916_194950768.thumb.jpg.3b0f13651c61905d8de98902c326b3d6.jpg

I honestly love the lighting effects this year

IMG_20180916_202601284.thumb.jpg.a9d104e4f6f16697f9ca5eb9a46baaaa.jpg

Apocalypse how I miss thee!

IMG_20180916_202910070.thumb.jpg.345bcf5b6c230f9088ba193681e20509.jpg

Sewer of Souls is so much better than they mazes they've had there the last couple years! Definitely a must!

Im all for the park being open 365 days a year but wouldnt make sense especially when school is in to open later and stay open later , like 2-10 or 3-11, bet more people would go... i mean, they close at 6 on Friday. Even if i had a weekday off id rather go during the evening then in the heat of the day...idk, just a thought. Doesnt SFDK have hours like that...i know they do sometimes, they post it on fb

I went today and it was packed. I guess there was no school. I stayed till about 1. Viper is still down for it's refurbishment, Green Lantern is still down, Scream was running one Train, Tatsu was running two trains, one station, and Twisted Colossus was closed with no crew and all trains in the storage building. Just to give an idea, here is the line for Goliath at 10:45am

IMG_20180919_105449_277.thumb.jpg.12e4e995a51c8154d1f9673ec1dda7b5.jpg

I went today and it was packed. I guess there was no school. I stayed till about 1. Viper is still down for it's refurbishment, Green Lantern is still down, Scream was running one Train, Tatsu was running two trains, one station, and Twisted Colossus was closed with no crew and all trains in the storage building. Just to give an idea, here is the line for Goliath at 10:45am

Yom Kippur holiday. always packed this day.

How long has Green Lantern been down?

And what kind of refurbishment is Viper getting? (retracking and/or new trains)

green lantern has been down about a year. well, i think so, from what other say. i don't pay any attention to is since i plan to never ride it again. lol

neal thurman said at west coast bash that viper is getting a "new control system". but i've also seen pictures with the chain missing. so maybe it's also getting a new chain at the same time. i doubt new trains or retracking. neal also joked about it getting new trains with solid steel over the shoulder restraints.

How long has Green Lantern been down?

And what kind of refurbishment is Viper getting? (retracking and/or new trains)

green lantern has been down about a year. well, i think so, from what other say. i don't pay any attention to is since i plan to never ride it again. lol

neal thurman said at west coast bash that viper is getting a "new control system". but i've also seen pictures with the chain missing. so maybe it's also getting a new chain at the same time. i doubt new trains or retracking. neal also joked about it getting new trains with solid steel over the shoulder restraints.

Chain could have to come off for new wiring/sensors.

Anyone know how long a line would take when it all the way to the entrance. I've never seen it that long before

Depends on queue switchbacks, trains on the track, etc. How 'bout we just skip wasting time and go for: WAY TOO LONG AND NOT WORTH IT!!!

Pretty much I'll only ride Goliath anymore if it is walk-on. I will consider riding if it is at the beginning of the turn right before the stairs -- but rarely. That's if I'm there with a friend/friends that INSISTS on riding it. Sometimes even that walk from the big Goliath entrance sign to the station seems to take forever, so by the time you get in line it's like screw it, we've gone this far...

Definitely waited through the entire queue on multiple occasions the first couple years Goliath was open. Didn’t remember waiting absurdly long though - but I’m sure back then they were running three trains, weren’t stacking for minutes on end, and FlashPass wasn’t really a thing yet (or if it was, wasn’t nearly as popular as it is now) so the line actually moved like it was intended to.

Why does the park run 2 stations on Tatsu with only 2 trains? There are some instances when both trains are out on the track and everyone in the station is just standing there. They should only be doing this when they have 3 trains.

on the flip side of this, I've seen many instances where the 2nd train is stacked waiting on the slow load time of the first train in a single station operation...it's very uncomfortable....

Why does the park run 2 stations on Tatsu with only 2 trains? There are some instances when both trains are out on the track and everyone in the station is just standing there. They should only be doing this when they have 3 trains.

It still provides more capacity. Have you sat, well been left hanging on one of these for an extended time? I can tell you it's not fun. Issues in loading can be frequent on these rides at times. Using both sides not only helps with capacity, but in getting people off the ride. I would rather be standing in line waiting to ride, than several minutes hanging there because they are slow in loading the train in front of me.

Is Magic Mountain doing this bizarre promo as well? You go in a coffin for 30 hours...

We should play "would you rather spend 30 hours in a coffin, 3 hours riding X2, or 30 min suspended on Tatsu's brake run?" I would have to pick the coffin. The other two sound like illegal torture.

Is Magic Mountain doing this bizarre promo as well? You go in a coffin for 30 hours...

We should play "would you rather spend 30 hours in a coffin, 3 hours riding X2, or 30 min suspended on Tatsu's brake run?" I would have to pick the coffin. The other two sound like illegal torture.

Coffin . . . NO

Tatsu's brake run (or any B&M flyer for that matter) . . . NO

X2 for 3 hours . . . YES, but only if a. I was given a bathroom brake each hour and b. the money was good