TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

At the park right now and one thing that keeps bugging me. Everything is SO DIRTY! Like, can't they take a couple nights and pressure wash some areas of the park?

I don't know what the work culture is currently anymore but I worked at the park about 10 years ago, and when I tried to do ANYTHING to make the park a bit more pleasant for the guests (sweep under parts of the station that were visibly dirty, scrape gum off things, take care of an overflowed trash can, etc.) I was repeatedly told "that's not your job, we don't do those types of things, don't spend time doing that." It was infuriating especially the fact that most of these things take less than 5 minutes, and they make a HUGE impact on a guests experience. I'd see employees and even "management" walk past trash without even a second thought.

Meanwhile at Great Adventure, even security has to walk around with trash-pickers. Must be an entitled Californian thing.

At the park right now and one thing that keeps bugging me. Everything is SO DIRTY! Like, can't they take a couple nights and pressure wash some areas of the park?

I don't know what the work culture is currently anymore but I worked at the park about 10 years ago, and when I tried to do ANYTHING to make the park a bit more pleasant for the guests (sweep under parts of the station that were visibly dirty, scrape gum off things, take care of an overflowed trash can, etc.) I was repeatedly told "that's not your job, we don't do those types of things, don't spend time doing that." It was infuriating especially the fact that most of these things take less than 5 minutes, and they make a HUGE impact on a guests experience. I'd see employees and even "management" walk past trash without even a second thought.

Meanwhile at Great Adventure, even security has to walk around with trash-pickers. Must be an entitled Californian thing.

Yeah because Disneyland, Knott's, Universal, Sea World etc; are just filthy right?

Yeah because Disneyland, Knott's, Universal, Sea World etc; are just filthy right?

It's mostly a Six Flags thing (although parks vary).

It seems like Crazanity is having major issues today. The rides been closed all day and they currently have part of the lighting package under the ride pulled off to work on some seats. Does anyone that works at the park know what's up?

If anyone is at the park today, can you let us know if Crazanity is back open. I am planning on hitting the park up on Wednesday and I'd hate for it to be closed.

But Six Flags Great America is the cleanest park ever to have existed anywhere, right?

That is the biggest nonsense award ever given to them. I have visited 8 CF parks of the 11 and all were cleaner than SFGAm. Then there are places like Dollywood and BGW, etc..

If there is anyone who would like to cover the new ride announcement on August 29th at 9pm at SFMM please send me an email ASAP to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

Include the following:

- Real Name

- TPR Screen Name

- Links to your social media - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.

Well, that was quick! Already got it covered! Thanks everyone!

But Six Flags Great America is the cleanest park ever to have existed anywhere, right?

That is the biggest nonsense award ever given to them. I have visited 8 CF parks of the 11 and all were cleaner than SFGAm. Then there are places like Dollywood and BGW, etc..

I thought the original post was a sarcastic comment.

SFGAm is my "home" park, and, although I think the ride collection is pretty decent, the cleanliness is not so good, although I think SFMM and SFNE were worse (but I am not a regular at those two, so who knows).

It was given to them? Like by someone who doesn't work for them? I always figured that was one of their unsubstantiated claims like Best Chicken Fingers at a Six Flags or Twistiest Ride Named Goliath.

IMG_2245.thumb.jpg.30d08ffa994fe0ed5571747280e3e34a.jpg

i remember taking this picture and thinking, the damn door isn't even clean. lol but yeah, there isn't a source for the claim as cleanest theme park. maybe cleanest theme park in Gurnee, Il?

If there is anyone who would like to cover the new ride announcement on August 29th at 9pm at SFMM please send me an email ASAP to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

Include the following:

- Real Name

- TPR Screen Name

Wait.... Is SFMM the only park that is having an actual Press announcement at the park and not the standard press release drop that they have done for the past ____ years?

I wonder if we should read into anything that this is an actual press conference...

Include the following:

- Real Name

- TPR Screen Name

Wait.... Is SFMM the only park that is having an actual Press announcement at the park and not the standard press release drop that they have done for the past ____ years?

I wonder if we should read into anything that this is an actual press conference...

That's how I feel. I also heard that Carowinds is doing a press announcement on the morning of the 30th. I wonder if they are trying to pull another wonder women/ rail blazer and announce it first. Except this time both get a Mack clone.

Can we discuss the fact that they are doing a press/media announcement in person? This must mean that the new ride is going to be worthwhile. If I remember correctly, wasn't twisted Colossus was a press release?

Being in Los Angeles, a 12AM video drop doesn't mean anything. 9PM event would mean it can be covered by the local 10PM and 11PM newscasts and get some real attention.

Can we discuss the fact that they are doing a press/media announcement in person? This must mean that the new ride is going to be worthwhile. If I remember correctly, wasn't twisted Colossus was a press release?

Being in Los Angeles, a 12AM video drop doesn't mean anything. 9PM event would mean it can be covered by the local 10PM and 11PM newscasts and get some real attention.

Exactly. But usually they try and do like a 3am drop for the 6am morning news hr.

You guys are really reading WAAAAAY too much into this. I mean, honestly, who cares? Does it really matter if SFMM is dropping their info at 9pm and everyone else does it at 5am? It will get announced when it's announced.

You guys are really reading WAAAAAY too much into this. I mean, honestly, who cares? Does it really matter if SFMM is dropping their info at 9pm and everyone else does it at 5am? It will get announced when it's announced.

Are any other six flags doing a press conference?

Are any other six flags doing a press conference?

Not that usual. Knotts did a press conference and we got Hangtime, so...