TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Also just as an FYI, Revolution, Ninja, and Batman are all running only one train right now due to maintenance. They’re a little behind due to the 365 day operation of the park this year, but they’re trying.

I hate reading things like this. The park made the choice to go to year round operations. They clearly did not also make the choice to adjust the rest of their operations accordingly.

seems to me that even years before there would be many times coasters were down to one train. to this day, i'm shocked when i see three train operation on anything but TC.

TC is the only ride that runs 3 trains and that’s because the park thinks they’re doing well capacity wise when they’re not only running one. But I’m afraid one train has to happen for some period of time wehen some coasters only have 2 trains total.

I’m afraid one train has to happen for some period of time wehen some coasters only have 2 trains total.

Yes. And that period should never be July.

To be fair, it hasn’t been all that busy this summer. I almost walked on Tatsu on Monday. All the major coasters have two trains now and they left their minor coasters to have one train so at least that’s better than having something like X2 or Tatsu with only one in July.

Is YOLOcoaster still running one train as well?

No. It’s been back to two for 3-4 weeks now, and the line gets fairly short in the afternoon now.

I’m afraid one train has to happen for some period of time wehen some coasters only have 2 trains total.

Yes. And that period should never be July.

Right, that's what I was thinking when I saw the update that several coasters were down to 1-train ops. I mean it could be worse, at least it's not X2, Tatsu, FT, and Goliath that are out right now, but ideally the busy summer months should not have any major coasters down. Wait until after Fright Fest. I would guess the reason that they're still doing it in July is probably that they do not have enough maintenance staff or equipment to complete all the train rehabs during the off months, so some get rolled over to busy months.

Just thought; one of those Mack skyrocket 2 style spinner....even tho it would probably be fun I think it would be dumb, especially for a milestone coaster (#20) BUT it's totally Six Flags and fit right where those buildings were demoed AND fit all the rumors.....Mack, 1st, Lauch, Spinner, Cheap

Can I post that?

Tell him what's he's won, Pat!

I could see this ride as part of a two ride addition, but as cool as that looks, on it's own this isn't going to be enough to draw guests back who haven't been to the park in years, which I'm guessing with the 365 days a year schedule extension, that's what they're going for with this addition(s).

it's just not BIG enough (in terms of scale).

Considering heading to the park today. Any idea how packed it will be?

Probably not too bad since it will be pretty hot out. Tomorrow-Wednesday should be pretty empty as well with temps hitting 107. I’ll be there working today and tomorrow!

Probably not too bad since it will be pretty hot out. Tomorrow-Wednesday should be pretty empty as well with temps hitting 107. I’ll be there working today and tomorrow!

Well, I had to park in overflow, lol

Well, I had to park in overflow, lol

It’s still not too bad. A lot of people went to the water park. Pretty average so far today.

Good to see that the flat ride is popular! Hope it inspires more rides like this in the future!

While the ride does seem to be popular, it was making one cycle every 11 minutes today. Most major rides putting through 200pph are going to have a very long line. Lol (I say lol but it’s actually quite frustrating )

[attachment=0]337192B9-593A-4A6D-A1D8-647F942D134C.png[/attachment] I was browsing the public Snap Chat story for Six Flags Magic Mountain and saw that people were sitting/standing in the planters in front of CraZanity and on the concrete foundation of that blue support

The park needs to add more seating in that area. It seems like a popular place to hang out for a few minutes now and when I walked through the area yesterday there was literally nowhere to sit!