TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I don't know why, but hearing Mack just makes me think of a Helix style coaster with the magnitude of the sheer size rumors. It just seems to fit to me.

Station back in the corner where Deja Vu was, either follow the Southern line or Western line of the park. I hope they don't take out Roaring Rapids.

The park needs its water rides.

In fact, it would be nice if the park did a water ride back there, like a worlds first Hyper-Aquatrax LOL.

Believe it or not, very rarely does something get out that was not intended to get out. People in the business understand their livelihood depends on confidentiality. The people who do actually leak are the ones who end up out of the industry, whether its their actual career or running a theme park website.

Believe it or not, very rarely does something get out that was not intended to get out.

I dunno, I feel like just in the past few years so, deatils for huge projects were leaked and/or alluded to by "anonymous sources" well prior to their official announcements. Just off the top of my head Valravn, Lighting Rod, Wonder Woman, Batman (SFFT) are a few examples

Believe it or not, very rarely does something get out that was not intended to get out.

I dunno, I feel like just in the past few years so, deatils for huge projects were leaked and/or alluded to by "anonymous sources" well prior to their official announcements. Just off the top of my head Valravn, Lighting Rod, Wonder Woman, Batman (SFFT) are a few examples

Those were probably on purpose whether they admit it or not.

To borrow a quote often used in the theme park business..."those who know, don't tell"

Pretty inaccurate these days seeing as there are leaks all the time now.

I like how you're giving crap to someone who is actually in the theme park business.

Edited by robbalvey

How far in advance does Magic mountain, or any theme park plan for new major attractions. Think they do this year by year or do they know exactly what's planned for the next, say 5 years? I would think even the manufacturers need at least 2 years notice for a coaster at least. That's alot of surveying, planning and fabrication for 1 year

How far in advance does Magic mountain, or any theme park plan for new attractions. Think they do this year by year or do they know exactly what's planned for the next, say 5 years?

I would assume a large roller coaster would be at least 3 years by the time its commissioned, designed and manufactured.

Feel like Neal and corporate are the only one that "know"

Also the construction crew. My brother is on this project and like is said before. He is keeping a tight lip about it! The last time he was this secretive was when X was in production.

Does Six Flags normally do big announcement around Labor Day?

^ I would love to see the park get one more iconic ride like X2, Tatsu or Superman, especially on that side of the park. While Full Throttle ended up being quite fun imo, it just doesn't fit that bill.

I'm keeping my expectations mild after what happened with FT, but have to admit I've always thought that back side of the park could use something other than Apocalypse.

Also the construction crew. My brother is on this project and like is said before. He is keeping a tight lip about it! The last time he was this secretive was when X was in production.

Interesting, has he at least confirmed to you that the construction will include a coaster at all?

Interesting, has he at least confirmed to you that the construction will include a coaster at all?

He is not sharing anything with me. That's my brother though, he can keep a secret so well. I choose not to question him because he does have a temper issue. So I know when I am one step away from getting my arsh kicked and I stop!

Plus if he did leak it. I wouldn't want to disclose it on here. Don't want to get Robb, TPR site or my brother in trouble. I guess we have to wait until the announcement.

I have a feeling all this refurbing of all the areas started with YOLOcoaster and they are working their way in a circle through the park from there. Maybe they had a grand 10 year plan that started in 2010?

I know Neil told me in September that he had big plans and the park had already been making improvements in a circle and there is only one “huge” area left. We know cyclone bay is huge but in order to attract large crowds it needs to be a huge new ride. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a family spin in coaster as six flags often disagrees with what we want and we don’t have a spinning wild mouse coaster

I'm not sure how this idea that Mack Spinners are small and disappointing got started. Time Traveler is a pretty massive undertaking for any park. If it's a spinner, SFMM's version is probably going to be pretty massive.

I'm not sure how this idea that Mack Spinners are small and disappointing got started. Time Traveler is a pretty massive undertaking for any park. If it's a spinner, SFMM's version is probably going to be pretty massive.

Agree, SFMM is not going to put in a spinning mouse coaster. That just doesn't fit in with their "Thrill Capital of the World" motto. Almost every major addition is some kind of record breaker that the park can market. Just look at the additions to the park in the last 5-6 years: largest vertical loop (Fu11 Throttle), longest hybrid coaster (TC), tallest & fastest pendulum ride (Crazanity). If the 2019 addition is a Mack spinner, you can bet it will be bigger than Time Traveler, which would be the park's biggest investment since Tatsu in 2006. I'm still hoping for a giga, but I'm not holding my breath. However, since they are getting started on construction so early, I think it will be a huge new coaster of some kind.

I'm most happy to hear that the North American largest covered solar parking lot is taking place. A year from now it should all be in place so in sense a covered parking lot with shade (sort of). Currently seeing lines on the asphalt and fence lines so soon enough it will be going in. Happy SFMM is making a deference.

Hunh...I'm half surprised the construction crew knows already...I mean at this point they could be looking at the demo page of the drawings...."we need this space cleared", dont see much reason for them to know the vertical plans....yet . All it takes is one annonomus post anywhere on the internet for a major leak....seems like the less people that know before Sept. 30th the safer their secret is...Maybe your brother doesnt know and is blowing smoke up there, but maybe he does...guess well never know