TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Dropped by the park today for a couple of hours. It was pretty busy, with most of the major rides seeing 30 to 60-minute waits. I just rode the stuff that never really has a wait and bailed: Viper, Batman, Scream. Scream was running surprisingly well today (2nd to the last row, right side) with zero rattle and barely any roughness. The line for TC didn't look too bad, but I didn't even want to bother. Green Lantern looks like it's got brakes all over it now (but it'll take more than brakes to save it!). Anyhow, a few pics of the new ride. It looks great and is perfectly positioned in the park. The lights were running on it, and there was a water dummy in a seat, so I suspect it'll be testing soon. There's still a lot of work to be done surrounding it though.

IMG_1106.thumb.jpg.a73deabd646126be285cc24431dda110.jpg

IMG_1110.thumb.jpg.d89f72ceb27a45d68d01356f507e2348.jpg

IMG_1113.thumb.jpg.45814ad5894581f01b9f5c02699c6b7a.jpg

IMG_1114.thumb.jpg.02277abc158b7f4db1152e6496f5ff8f.jpg

Hi everybody.... I have some quick questions for you guys. In August this year I will make my very first visit to America from Switzerland and I will go to some parks in California. First off will be SFMM. I will land on August 18th at LAX and because I can't drive yet (neither does my friend) I need to know how to get to SFMM from the airport. Also I will stay there for two days (Sunday and Monday) in the near Hilton hotel. Can I walk to the park from there or do I need to get a taxi?

Thank you very much for your replies.

Hi everybody.... I have some quick questions for you guys. In August this year I will make my very first visit to America from Switzerland. Also I will stay there for two days (Sunday and Monday) in the near Hilton hotel. Can I walk to the park from there or do I need to get a taxi?

As far as needing a Taxi from the Hilton you will not need it. Long as its the Garden Hilton 27710 The Old Rd, heck they are closer than some parking spots at SFMM. Also they offer a free shuttle to main gate from the hotel and pickup service also. Travel from LAX I will look at later.

Hi everybody.... I have some quick questions for you guys. In August this year I will make my very first visit to America from Switzerland. Also I will stay there for two days (Sunday and Monday) in the near Hilton hotel. Can I walk to the park from there or do I need to get a taxi?

As far as needing a Taxi from the Hilton you will not need it. Long as its the Garden Hilton 27710 The Old Rd, heck they are closer than some parking spots at SFMM. Also they offer a free shuttle to main gate from the hotel and pickup service also. Travel from LAX I will look at later.

Thank you so far. That's nice to know about the free shuttle service as I'm staying in the Garden Hilton you mentioned!

I'm a little surprised by how much I like the way the new ride looks, silly name notwithstanding.

Despite the complaints about the colors, I agree it looks great. It looks very beachy, and those lights at night are going to really make that area pop.

I like the color scheme, too, but does anyone think that it already looks faded? I'm sure it's not, but knowing how paint fades at this park due to the elements, maybe they should've chosen a slightly darker color scheme?

I like the color scheme, too, but does anyone think that it already looks faded? I'm sure it's not, but knowing how paint fades at this park due to the elements, maybe they should've chosen a slightly darker color scheme?

I give it 2 years before the California sun mutilates the paint

Uber is your best bet if you don't want to waste hours using public transportation.

Well that pretty much sums up my request, thank you guys!

In looking at some online reviews as of 1/1/2018 the Hilton discounted the shuttle service to Six Flags due to the park going year round and the Hilton unwilling to hire a full time driver. (beats me) I just looked at that Hilton site and it lists "Local Area Transportation". To me that sounds like Six Flags is still in play. Perhaps its just a summer thing. Worse comes to worse you walk up the hill or walk next door to McDonald's and offer someone $5 US dollars and I'm certain you will get a lift.

^ It's not faded, I saw it up close yesterday. That looks like some sort of filter on the photos.

It is — my apologies. I usually run all images through a desaturation filter. It's pretty bright in person.

Yeaaa, on second glance, I don't see how I didn't see there was a filter on that photo. My bad, carry on.

Went to the park Tuesday and it was fairly hot and crowded so my friend and I stopped in to see the Kwerk show for the first time...

...it was INCREDIBLE!!! Great music, ridiculously fun choreography, and 4 insane “circus acts.” There was so much talent on stage and the production value faaaar exceeded our expectations. It was so good, we decided to go back later in the day and watch it a second time!

Just wanted to say, don’t miss this! Kwerk (although a cringeworthy title) is really really special, and I’m honestly shocked it exists at Magic Mountain.

Went to the park Tuesday and it was fairly hot and crowded so my friend and I stopped in to see the Kwerk show for the first time...

...it was INCREDIBLE!!! Great music, ridiculously fun choreography, and 4 insane “circus acts.” There was so much talent on stage and the production value faaaar exceeded our expectations. It was so good, we decided to go back later in the day and watch it a second time!

Just wanted to say, don’t miss this! Kwerk (although a cringeworthy title) is really really special, and I’m honestly shocked it exists at Magic Mountain.

I haven't seen this summer's iteration of Kwerk yet but that's a great endorsement. Looking forward to seeing it!

I passed along your comment to the stage manager as well as they always appreciate nice compliments.

Uber is your best bet if you don't want to waste hours using public transportation.

Well that pretty much sums up my request, thank you guys!

In looking at some online reviews as of 1/1/2018 the Hilton discounted the shuttle service to Six Flags due to the park going year round and the Hilton unwilling to hire a full time driver. (beats me) I just looked at that Hilton site and it lists "Local Area Transportation". To me that sounds like Six Flags is still in play. Perhaps its just a summer thing. Worse comes to worse you walk up the hill or walk next door to McDonald's and offer someone $5 US dollars and I'm certain you will get a lift.

So there is also the possibility to walk from the hotel? That would be great.

I totally agree with Daniel. I haven't seen this year's show, but previous years have been great! An additional plus is getting AC on a hot day...