TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

While I’m one of the 3 people in the world that prefer Intamin ZacSpin over the S&S model

That makes two of us. Who is the third one?

That would be me! I've ridden this ride twice 4 years apart and had an amazing ride each time, not sure why there is so much hate.

I actually don't mind the ride either. I liken it to an open air Zipper, which, since I can never find anyone to ride one with me, is the closest I get to on.

That said, I do understand all the hate as well. It's a pretty brutal ride, or at least can be.

FWIW, I also was one of the 3 people that loved Flashback. I know most people said it banged the heck out of them, but that was never my personal experience. Maybe it was a circumstance of my body proportions/height, or I knew how to "ride" it and brace for the turns, but I never had the headbanging seemingly everyone else on the planet did.

In any case, I'd imagine the reason they'd want it back up and running would be to maintain a high coaster count, in the event a *future* coaster would bring up their working coaster count to 20. Most people would gladly cry "foul" if they announced a new coaster as their 20th if that were SBNO.

So how has attendance been so far this year in general (now that MM is 365 days a year)?

And I will very likely go . . . probably the second week of September (I know it can get real hot in Valencia during the summer).

What is the recommended path of attack as far as riding the coasters go?

Is Flash Pass worth it? (I know for Platinum FP, you get ONE use of it on X2, Twisted Colossus and Full Throttle).

So how has attendance been so far this year in general (now that MM is 365 days a year)?

And I will very likely go . . . probably the second week of September (I know it can get real hot in Valencia during the summer).

Is Flash Pass worth it? (I know for Platinum FP, you get ONE use of it on X2, Twisted Colossus and YOLOcoaster).

if you go the week after labor day, and during the week, you won't need a plan. it should be a ghost town. or, wait until west coast bash dates are announced, and go then. wcb day will probably be busy, but there's more fun with other stuff we get to do. then, if you want to go to the park after the weekend, it should be dead.

Is Flash Pass worth it? (I know for Platinum FP, you get ONE use of it on X2, Twisted Colossus and YOLOcoaster).

Wcb is usually the weekend after labor day and is always an awesome time. If you can make it then, I recommend that. It is usually really hot though I think it was 108 or so last time.

Also, if Knott's again becomes a part of WCB, you'll have two parks to enjoy,

one after the other, at a great price with awesome stuff to enjoy, ride, and EAT!

IMG_1955.JPG.53c26a3d78d386f5c75d94f6cadd41b9.JPG

My encounter with Marvin the Martian's....uh....companion? WCB 2016.

I spent a few hours at the park yesterday evening. The park was pretty busy, and most everything had a 30-60 minute wait.

Big shout-out to the TC crew. I know I come on here and sing their praises almost every time I visit this park, but last night's operations were the fastest I've ever seen them move. They were pushing people to hurry up and board the train, and were dispatching trains before the last train even hit the 2nd lift hill. When I arrived at the park around 5:00, I didn't see any racing trains. When I rode TC around 8:00, almost every train was racing.

The trains that didn't race were held up by people who, after getting off the train, decided to stand inside the queue to discuss which ride to go to next. Meanwhile, the train was loaded up and ready to dispatch, and one of the ride attendants was trying to push the chatterboxes out the gate. As soon as they were out, the RA literally ran to her station so the train could dispatch.

Meanwhile, every other crew that I encountered was made up of land snails.

Stopped by the park today for a bit after work. Many small news updates:

1) Security lines are getting new shade awnings installed. Great plus! Now Disney will officially have the worst security line in all of SoCal.

2) Honda Express/funicular is still closed, but there was a lot of work being done along the tracks. Appeared to be lots of tree clearing.

3) Batman now has video cameras on the ride, and on ride videos available for purchase

4) Crazanity is still a big plie of level dirt, but there is a lot of crew and machinery around it.

5) Scrambler is slowly being reinstalled in a shade of royal blue. Part of the queue covering has also been painted blue.

6) References to The Flash have been installed the old Gotham City facade

7) TC is still the best crew in the park... actually got to race both sides!

I have pics on my twitter at Rideguy70.

1) Security lines are getting new shade awnings installed. Great plus! Now Disney will officially have the worst security line in all of SoCal.

2) Honda Express/funicular is still closed, but there was a lot of work being done along the tracks. Appeared to be lots of tree clearing.

Honda Express was open both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend, and the few weekends before that. They must just be closing it during

the week?

3) Batman now has video cameras on the ride, and on ride videos available for purchase.

On-ride video cameras on Batman have been on the ride since last summer/fall.

4) Crazanity is still a big plie of level dirt, but there is a lot of crew and machinery around it.

5) Scrambler is slowly being reinstalled in a shade of royal blue. Part of the queue covering has also been painted blue.

Dont glaze over this. This is amazing..the worst thing about visiting on hot summer days is when you are in line for security and just baking out there before even getting in the park. I saw a photo of it, the entire area is getting covered.

Honda Express was open both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend, and the few weekends before that. They must just be closing it during

the week?

3) Batman now has video cameras on the ride, and on ride videos available for purchase.

On-ride video cameras on Batman have been on the ride since last summer/fall.

I would assume since the majority of their staff are still in high school and can't work weekdays that they will have smaller rides closed weekdays until schools let out.

I stopped by the park for a couple of hours this afternoon. Helpful Honda Express is open again, but Revolution is still closed.

The park was dead, as is typical during the week, so everything was running one train (two trains, in TC's case) - which is perfectly fine, considering the crowds. In about an hour, I got in quite a few rides, but just barely missed the last train of the day on Riddler, even though I was already halfway through the queue when the park closing announcement came over the loudspeakers. Oh, well.

I thought I heard someone say once it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 100k to rent it out for the day. It might be different now though. If you think about it if you're renting the park on a day they werent open anyway, you have to pay them to open and staff for you, but if you rent the park on a day they were planning to be open, you're blocking paying customers from entering, so maybe you have to pay more to cover that cost. Then again maybe they give you a deal if you're Kylie Jenner and you promise to post it on instagram, 'cause that's pretty good advertising.

The amount varies depending on what you actually want.

Parks will gladly sell you anything you want as long as you are willing to pay for it. But you can buy as little as ERT on a ride before or after park hours or as much as the entire park with all you can eat/drink, all you can win on carnival games, etc. included.

^^ Hey JT, was the park closed when she was there? Did they just escourt their group to the front of the lines like a VIP tour? Just curious.

she said she rented it out. exactly what that meant, i don't know. they posted a couple clips at night. it did look like it was just their group.

they had rented it out in the past for the reality show. then it was during a closed day i believe. that day, i remember them just driving around from ride to ride. lol

last night could have just been after they closed, and maybe just a few rides. i have no idea.