TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Why? They don't need one...and if they did ever build one, I would imagine it would be in the employee parking lot to open up more space to guest parking.

We all know that a parking garage would be the first thing built if the park ever actually expanded into a true 'resort'. And we all know that will never happen, either.

One can dream though, one can dream.

Can I expect Six Flags Magic Mountain to be dead tomorrow, even though this whole week is Bring a Friend for Free? Does that have much of an effect on off-season weekday crowds? Thanks.
Id say not completely dead considering BAFF, but it's still a Thursday, so it shouldn't be bad.

Can I expect Six Flags Magic Mountain to be dead tomorrow, even though this whole week is Bring a Friend for Free? Does that have much of an effect on off-season weekday crowds? Thanks.

My brother, who is a ride op at SFMM, said the park has been consistently dead during the week. The only day it's typically crowded this time of year is Saturday.

My brother, who is a ride op at SFMM, said the park has been consistently dead during the week. The only day it's typically crowded this time of year is Saturday.

Shoooot........ I will be there tomorrow. Gonna love it!

Just asking, but when does Spring Break usually happen, around this time?

I can never figure it out, like Easter Weekend, from year to year, although I'm remembering,

it's so-many-weeks or so, before Easter Weekend? And does it vary from state to state?

Thanks in advance for the information.

^It varies by state, county and city. Even with colleges/universities and public schools. It could fall anywhere from the end of February to the end of April depending on location. Where I live (in Florida) there are already several counties out for spring break, but the county I live in is the week before Easter. My nephews & niece in Georgia has the week after Easter off, as do the schools where I grew up in Charlotte, NC. It can be confusing since it's never all at the same time.

^ Thanks. I did look it up...and it made me totally dizzy, lol! So many variations!

And then there was Easter Weekend, moving around as it does.

It makes it crazy this time of year trying to go to the parks during Spring break season. My hubby works for the schools here so we usually go with family to either SeaWorld Orlando and/or Busch Gardens Tampa during that time (we get them discount tickets). It never fails to be one of the busier times we go (Christmas/NYE being the busiest). If none of the family is planning to go, we just don't this time of year...lol I think however we may go to BGT the day before Easter since Boyz II Men will be performing there. It's one of the few concerts I'd like to go during the Food & Wine Festival this year. That's a Saturday...oh joy...lol We already know it's going to be packed just because of Spring Break, but also a Saturday with a major concert/festival going on too. I don't intend on riding much that day.

^ And all that you posted there, just freeked me out, LOL! Christmas and New Years are set dates, so that's not too hard for us.

But Easter and Spring Break never fail to make me pause when planning a U.S. trip and wonder....are we missing it...or not? But we

usually can get our yearly calendars well in advance of planning, so that helps, in regards to when Easter Weekend actually is, etc.

A small part of the (crumbling) parking lot is being repaved.

Fixed most of the drinking fountains.

With this new off season schedule, nearly every ride is a walk on during the week. Most crews don't care about unlimited re-rides, as long as there is no one in the queue, or you fill in empty seats. Marathon Mountain is now a reality!

Lex was stuck high today w/guests for an unusual amount of time. Air compressor issue.

Intermittent track work on Twisted.

Vertigo is one of the new games. More changes coming in that area by June.

If you haven't been lately, this is an incredible time to visit the magical mountain. You can ride a collection of the best thrill rides in the world, with basically no wait times.

20180227_131801.thumb.jpg.54cbf9ee9feb65d27f981e595d9f1904.jpg

20180227_145408.thumb.jpg.e9d59d1d8c899c543ba1a8a327a22b1b.jpg

20180227_145453.thumb.jpg.f6cd4264f919a418beec5fdb8056e8f0.jpg

20180227_145911.thumb.jpg.4a4b10aaf9bdd7f600eefd3496c5fcc8.jpg

20180227_150207.thumb.jpg.6bf1c6ad9ac7d2515cce9f708ea168cf.jpg

20180307_075114.thumb.jpg.b8d676e9d07ad156e7e07d5e26ee54bc.jpg

20180307_143712_HDR.thumb.jpg.6c4f5b5936057663f56b967dba595c65.jpg

20180307_152500.thumb.jpg.d47f78415c4a8b2bb69c7c52bf81052b.jpg

20180307_152859(1).thumb.jpg.bf64984f2333e89ec7ae7a1333d2ced0.jpg

20180307_152943_HDR.thumb.jpg.ae0bb187b9575ab17fb2a6c751342633.jpg

20180307_153841.thumb.jpg.7b1b09497f1235828d7839bd8ce052cf.jpg

Los Angeles Unified School District's Spring Break is the last week of March. The William S. Hart School District (local to Santa Clarita) has their Spring Break during the first week of April. Expect increased crowds at SFMM during those two weeks, then it'll taper back off towards what you're seeing now until June when schools are out.

Nothing is wrong, it's minor track work, but expect some downtime in the next week or so

Just because I'm curious. . . Do you have actual proof of this, or are you just guessing???

Not trying to be an ass, just wondering how you came to this conclusion.

I only ask, because I think this is the first I've hear of an iBox coaster needing track work...?

Just called guest services and they said that they hope to get it up by this weekend. Didn't say what the trouble was. I hope it's up by Monday as I'm coming down from Utah. I also plan to go to Knotts (got a season pass), so if twisted colossus and xcelerator is down for my trip, that would be very bad. Please magic mountain, don't let me down.

Nothing is wrong, it's minor track work, but expect some downtime in the next week or so

Just because I'm curious. . . Do you have actual proof of this, or are you just guessing???

Not trying to be an A$$, just wondering how you came to this conclusion.

I only ask, because I think this is the first I've hear of an iBox coaster needing track work...?

i've seen a couple pictures of some guys in the structure. not sure what they were working on exactly.

also, at Silver Dollar City, the mechanics told us they do replace the top layer of track sometimes on Outlaw Run. that could be because of steel on steel. but i was still a tiny bit surprised.