TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm going to just butt-in here(SFSTL homepark) and say this... Magic mountain had 19 coasters, if they do remove a coaster and build one in it's spot it will still be 19 coasters... how long is SFMM going to wait to get that title of 20 roller coasters.... you think that would be an awesome market ad as they have 20 roller coasters and the capital of amumsent parks... it would look alot better with title of 20 and not 19.

They could remove a coaster to build one and still get to 20 coasters by 2020.

Does anybody know why SFMM is open until 8 on 9/21? I'm looking at the month of September looking at rescheduling my trip and every weekday Monday through Thursday besides Labor Day closes at 6, but 9/21 closes at 8.

They are normally opened that weekday and very busy. I would avoid at all costs unless you have a Jewish connection and need to celebrate with them.

Does anybody know why SFMM is open until 8 on 9/21? I'm looking at the month of September looking at rescheduling my trip and every weekday Monday through Thursday besides Labor Day closes at 6, but 9/21 closes at 8.

They are normally opened that weekday and very busy. I would avoid at all costs unless you have a Jewish connection and need to celebrate with them.

I'd rather have Scream removed. However, let's be real, the park's not going to remove either coaster because both rides have relatively low maintenance costs and are generally pretty reliable. If anything, Tidal Wave would be the first attraction that they axed. Plus, MM has a lot of unused land that they could potentially build on. Just look at Deja Vu's old spot, the go-kart track, the old people mover station, or heck even on their dirt parking lot. Point is that there's plenty of space for Six Flags to add a new coaster. So why remove one when you could just add another one and market it as your 20th coaster?

I'm going to just butt-in here(SFSTL homepark) and say this... Magic mountain had 19 coasters, if they do remove a coaster and build one in it's spot it will still be 19 coasters... how long is SFMM going to wait to get that title of 20 roller coasters.... you think that would be an awesome market ad as they have 20 roller coasters and the capital of amumsent parks... it would look alot better with title of 20 and not 19.

Why would they remove one though.. maybe because if they remove one now and replace with another and then build one for 2020 or 2019 they will have 20 coasters, they will want that title of 20 coasters for a while so I guess if they get rid of the coaster that most likely needs to leave because its bad shape or what ever and have it replaced before removing it when they have 20 coasters and if they removed it be 19 again and wouldn't have lived that title of 20 coasters, that may have sounded confusing, don't know. So if they replace that coasters that are in bad shape or need to go now they have newer coaster that will make that 20 roller coaster title longer.

Why would they remove one though.. maybe because if they remove one now and replace with another and then build one for 2020 or 2019 they will have 20 coasters, they will want that title of 20 coasters for a while so I guess if they get rid of the coaster that most likely needs to leave because its bad shape or what ever and have it replaced before removing it when they have 20 coasters and if they removed it be 19 again and wouldn't have lived that title of 20 coasters, that may have sounded confusing, don't know. So if they replace that coasters that are in bad shape or need to go now they have newer coaster that will make that 20 roller coaster title longer.

No one is saying they should, or would. We're discussing these as "What if" scenarios.

Maybe they're just going to build the rest of Yolo, imagine if Xcelerators layout was the 2nd half of Yolo. No stop in the tunnel just a booster launch with ejector over the loop, refuse to call that a tophat

As much as I love Yolo, it's a damn shame that they didn't make it a little longer so you wouldn't hit the break run on the way down.

As for 2018, for the first time in a long time I have no idea what SFMM is up to. The consensus seems to be some sort of flat, except we all know SFMM doesn't add flats. Will that change next year?

Hopefully, its time for some flats.

As much as I love Yolo, it's a damn shame that they didn't make it a little longer so you wouldn't hit the break run on the way down.
It would be nice if it was longer, but it's such a sudden stop that the brakes actually enhance the ride for me. Ideally the ride should be longer but still include that sudden brake at the end, I like it.

The giant discovery was a huge hit at SFDK, one of those would be cool

Totally agree, if SFMM gets a flat ride next, I really want it to be a Giant frisbee. They are my second favorite flats after drop towers and the GP would absolutely love it.

Yeah, I'd love to see a giant frisbee at the park too. I've ridden a couple (CP and KI), and they're fantastic rides overall. Much faster than they look with solid capacity. Two of my favorite rides at CP were MaxAir and Skyhawk; I liked them more than several of the coasters.