TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

That t-shirt is different speak than what I would imagine when I think of California and LA...

You'd be surprised. As someone said above, the park is about a 30-minute drive from Palmdale, where a large percentage of the population talks like that.

The 'cash me outside' girl is from the south, they speak with a southern accent in the Antelope Valley?? *confused face*

But the "cash me outside" girl didn't really speak with a southern accent. It was more of a deliberate ghetto dialect.

Seems like a bunch don't understand the "lingo" (if you could even call it that) behind that t-shirt so I guess I'll take the liberty to explain for those not familiar with it's origin...

It's taken from a guest that appeared on the Dr. Phil show back in September 2016 and the clip (imbedded below) that was uploaded from the episode went majorly viral and has now been viewed over 37,000,000 times. The guest was a 13 year old girl who actually speaks like that (Yea, seriously ) and tells the audience "Cash me ouside, how bout dah?!" after the audience began to laugh at her after she called them all "hoes" ... Basically she was provoking the audience to fight her in the age old expression of "How about we take this outside?". The embarrassing thing is that the girl in the video is now a millionaire thanks to that clip going viral and most seem to agree that it just goes to show how a$$ backwards American culture really is by basically rewarding, or in a sense making a stupid, disrespectful person with a police record longer than a CVS receipt rich and "famous"

To me, it's simply SFMM trying to cash in on what happens to be relatable and/or relevant to the majority of the demographic that they attract. It's not that they too speak like this, it's just that the majority of SFMM's demographic, being young adults and teens, basically live and breathe for internet viral sensations no matter how trashy, awful, sad, or hilarious it may be.

[youtu_be]WE DON'T NEED TO ADD TO HER FAME[/youtu_be]

Edited by larrygator

^ Well, at least it's not a "gang thing."

I don't watch Dr. Phil at - all, so thanks for the explanation.

And all that you just posted there? Sad, very sad.

That t-shirt is different speak than what I would imagine when I think of California and LA...

You'd be surprised. As someone said above, the park is about a 30-minute drive from Palmdale, where a large percentage of the population talks like that.

The 'cash me outside' girl is from the south, they speak with a southern accent in the Antelope Valley?? *confused face*

But the "cash me outside" girl didn't really speak with a southern accent. It was more of a deliberate ghetto dialect.

She's from Florida...

I will be attending SFMM Friday June 9th with my girlfriend. Is it worth the extra money to purchase the Platinum Flash Pass or should we just go with the Gold Flash Pass. I guess what I am asking is if there is that much of a difference in the two passes on a Friday?

I will be attending SFMM Friday June 9th with my girlfriend. Is it worth the extra money to purchase the Platinum Flash Pass or should we just go with the Gold Flash Pass. I guess what I am asking is if there is that much of a difference in the two passes on a Friday?

There's almost never a difference in the wait time. The difference is that Platinum gives you access to some coasters that Gold does not, and allows rerides on some coasters. I always say wait until you get to the park to decide whether you want to buy a Flash Pass, especially on Fridays, they can sometimes be unpredictable. It sucks to buy a Flash Pass and then get to the park and find it completely dead.

There's almost never a difference in the wait time. The difference is that Platinum gives you access to some coasters that Gold does not, and allows rerides on some coasters. I always say wait until you get to the park to decide whether you want to buy a Flash Pass, especially on Fridays, they can sometimes be unpredictable. It sucks to buy a Flash Pass and then get to the park and find it completely dead.

That's great advice, especially since the tickets are pretty expensive. Sounds like I should just purchase the Gold Flash Pass? I was unaware you could purchase the Gold and Platinum Flash Passes when you arrive at the park. Will the prices be the same or are they cheaper buying and reserving them online? I tried researching this on their website, but it isn't very user friendly on my iPad and why I am forced to ask the professionals on TPR hahaha

They're exactly the same in the park. There's no reason to purchase ahead of time unless you know it's going to be one of the busiest days of the year. In the past I have always gone with Gold, but in the last couple of years they have made a couple coasters Platinum exclusive, so it's made the Platinum level a bit more attractive than before.

Same price as online but the bonus of no processing fee, or even cheaper at the park if someone has a season pass (doesn't need to be a SFMM pass)! ($5 off per person) -- honestly there is no reason to buy ahead unless you want to skip the flashpass line.

Edited by anonymouscactus

Also a more effective way of telling how busy the park will be is by simply looking at their operating hours. On days they expect to be busier, they stay open later. On days they expect to be dead, they have shorter hours. If the day you are going has longer or shorter hours than usual, that's a good indicator.

I would go with the Gold FP as well. The only rides on Platinum that aren't on Gold are The New Revolution VR (which sucks, don't waste your time) and Superman (which is typically a walk-on early in the day and in the last hour). There are no double rides anymore on Platinum, that was done away with company wide. You will wait a little longer with the Gold FP, but if you make your next reservation as soon as you get checked in for your current ride, your wait time in between rides will be minimal. Note that X2 is only available on Gold or Platinum with a $15 upcharge, so you may want to hit that as soon as the park opens and then come back down to get your FP. I've also noticed lately that there have been FP representatives in the entry plaza, so you may be able to buy the FP before going into the park.

The Gold level gives a 50% reduction in wait times, while the Platinum level gives a 90% reduction. If it's a busy day, then the Platinum is worth it (seeing 60 minute waits listed as 6 minute waits is well worth the price). However, it's not that busy, but you still don't want to wait in lines, then Gold will be sufficient. I also agree about waiting until you're at the park to purchase a Flash Pass. Unless it's on a Saturday of 4th of July weekend, it shouldn't sell out.

I'm planning an attack for my July trip to Magic Mountain. Is there a fast entry method in 2017? I will be there for 2 days, Monday and Tuesday in July.

Up until last year, my home SF park and other SFs had the special Discover entrance. I didn't take advantage of that, but if SFMM offers something this year, I would do it as I want to make the most out of my trip.

I thought about getting a Platinum Flash Pass, but that won't get me on Revolution. Which is the main reason I'm going to the park. I'm not too concerned with other stuff, but I would like to get on Ninja and Viper, as I've heard they are on the endangered list. I haven't been to the park in years.

I don't care about Scream or Batman. And the other stuff will be there for a long, long time. No rush to get on most of those.

And I know July isn't the best time to visit... any thoughts or suggestions? (Other than not going, of course. I will plan a trip next year as well, at a better time to visit.)

I'm planning an attack for my July trip to Magic Mountain. Is there a fast entry method in 2017? I will be there for 2 days, Monday and Tuesday in July.

Up until last year, my home SF park and other SFs had the special Discover entrance. I didn't take advantage of that, but if SFMM offers something this year, I would do it as I want to make the most out of my trip.

I thought about getting a Platinum Flash Pass, but that won't get me on Revolution. Which is the main reason I'm going to the park. I'm not too concerned with other stuff, but I would like to get on Ninja and Viper, as I've heard they are on the endangered list. I haven't been to the park in years.

I don't care about Scream or Batman. And the other stuff will be there for a long, long time. No rush to get on most of those.

And I know July isn't the best time to visit... any thoughts or suggestions? (Other than not going, of course. I will plan a trip next year as well, at a better time to visit.)

There is a Discover entrance at SFMM, but I've never used it, so I don't know if it gets you in early. SFMM does have early entry for Gold season pass holders. It is located on the far right of the entrance gate and usually gets you into the park 10-15 min early. Using the early entry, I head straight for Fu11 Throttle and can usually get 3-4 rides in before the GP gets in.

The Platinum Flash Pass does give you 1 ride on Revolution VR and 1 ride on Superman. If you don't want to pay for the flash pass, then you should hit Revolution ASAP as that line is typically 60-90 minutes due to the terrible load times. You can choose to ride it with or without the VR.

SFMM does have a Discover entrance, which only operates as such for the first hour after the park opens. After that, it's a re-entry gate.

I'm really not sure what to tell you about Revolution. I don't know how crowded the park gets on July weekdays, but during the past few weeks, it's been pretty empty. Revolution was a 30-minute wait, max. Normally, it's a 60-90-minute wait.

How were lines today?

Just got back from the park yesterday and I'm happy to report that the park was dead. Waits were all around 10 minutes or less for almost everything. Combine that with the cloudy weather, and I couldn't have picked a better day to visit the park.

SFMM does have a Discover entrance, which only operates as such for the first hour after the park opens. After that, it's a re-entry gate.

I'm really not sure what to tell you about Revolution. I don't know how crowded the park gets on July weekdays, but during the past few weeks, it's been pretty empty. Revolution was a 30-minute wait, max. Normally, it's a 60-90-minute wait.

i thought i read the Discover contract ended?

The park still has it listed on their website.

5. Use your Discover® Card

If you bring your Discover card to the park, we have a special entrance reserved just for you. Look for the orange carpet leading to the Discover Cardmember Entrance. Flash your card along with your tickets or Season Pass, and off you go.

The park still has it listed on their website.

5. Use your Discover® Card

If you bring your Discover card to the park, we have a special entrance reserved just for you. Look for the orange carpet leading to the Discover Cardmember Entrance. Flash your card along with your tickets or Season Pass, and off you go.

how do you get to that link from the front page? looks like an old link. i did search and see two people say there was no entrance. i don't have a card so i don't look that way. i can't find anywhere on the site that has a discover ad anywhere now.

www.doctorofcredit.com/six-flagsdiscover-not-renewing-partnership-2017-season/