TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Are the season pass unlimited refills all year bottle available this year? I only see the one that is 99 cents after the first visit on the site and app?

From my understanding, the only way to get the (yellow-colored) unlimited all-season drink bottles is to buy the Two-Park Premium Dining pass. At least for now. The (red-colored) all-season drink bottles are the only ones available as of now. Still, it's a good deal if you visit the park more than once.

I went this past Sunday and they were advertising the (yellow) unlimited bottle on the new menu boards for $29.99 until they run out... Didn't seem like it was still tied to the Premium Dining Pass. With the (red) all season bottle, it's free refills day of purchase and then future visits, pay 5.99 for unlimited refills each time you visit.

I think it's more suggestions from DC rather than someone from SFMM paying attention. DC had been pushing the new 52 over the last couple of years.

New 52 would make sense as DC has had the park convert the costumed characters to 52 as well at the beginning of this year. Yellow is just not the color that I think of when I think Riddler but maybe that's just because I can't get Jim Carrey out of my head...

I was at SFMM today from 1030am-3p and it was not busy at all... There were a few buses, and when I left, there were only cars parked in the first lot. Most of the rides were walk-on, the longest I had to wait for a ride was about 15 minutes. Besides Riddler's Revenge and Tidal Wave being closed, everything else was open, including Drop of Doom.

Dude! You got one of those off days of luck where almost all the rides are open and there are virtually no lines. Good for you! That is like a rarity in and of its own, and I haven't had one of those in a while.

Also, Magic Mountain didn't pick yellow because of some stupid indiscreet undercover bologna, they painted their Hurricane Harbor ride the same color and probably said screw it, instead of picking black which might cost us more, we'll just add Riddler to the job -- so they did.

I heard they're moving the entrance? I hope they don't get rid of this glorious entry sign! OMG this thing is freaking awesome!

1200px-Riddler%27s_Revenge_signage.JPG

Also, Magic Mountain didn't pick yellow because of some stupid indiscreet undercover bologna, they painted their Hurricane Harbor ride the same color and probably said screw it, instead of picking black which might cost us more, we'll just add Riddler to the job -- so they did.

Just like they did with Scream and the Tornado in HH, classic.

Just got to the park. Line for X is out the front entrance? Not one train either. At least 20 school buses today. Parked halfway in the first parking lot at 11:20. Strange.

In my experience, the school groups usually clear out by 2:00, so if you're still there, I would advise you to wait it out.

Delay at 2:25 at twisted colossus because someone jumped the fence as I heard a head operator or mechanic say. Heard him say the delay would be about 10 minutes as they check to make sure no one is in the way.

Still 40 buses at 3pm.

Are the season pass unlimited refills all year bottle available this year? I only see the one that is 99 cents after the first visit on the site and app?

From my understanding, the only way to get the (yellow-colored) unlimited all-season drink bottles is to buy the Two-Park Premium Dining pass. At least for now. The (red-colored) all-season drink bottles are the only ones available as of now. Still, it's a good deal if you visit the park more than once.

I went this past Sunday and they were advertising the (yellow) unlimited bottle on the new menu boards for $29.99 until they run out... Didn't seem like it was still tied to the Premium Dining Pass. With the (red) all season bottle, it's free refills day of purchase and then future visits, pay 5.99 for unlimited refills each time you visit.

I didn't see the Yellow being advertised, I got the Red one and saw the $5.99 for the wristband on future visits. (Bought my bottle next to the Tatsu line).

LOL $30 for a flippin cup? WTF?!?! This is Six Flags 2017 we all saw coming. Talk about a complete cash grab, even if you go 10 times a year and get 10 refills, that's 30 cents a refill for you, but it still only costs them a nickel to fill up that cup! Although, I do prefer the 1 time cup buy as opposed to the disgusting unlimited disposable cup idea that I believe has been implemented by Cedar Fair. At least this doesn't just cause an outrageous amount of trash.

Delay at 2:25 at twisted colossus because someone jumped the fence as I heard a head operator or mechanic say. Heard him say the delay would be about 10 minutes as they check to make sure no one is in the way.

Still 40 buses at 3pm.

LOL dumb ass kids will never learn. They'll be hopping fences and getting hit and killed by coasters as long as we live.

Today Thursday (25th) should be the last normal non crowded day for some time to come.

For the past 6 weeks a Bring A Friend Free (BAFF) has been in play and the last day for that current offer was yesterday the 24th.

The weather today (25th) will be 70/75 and even though tonight and Friday are High School grad nights those groups wont be arriving until the park has closed to the public so they will have zero impact on today's crowd.

Looking forward to riding Honda express and Grand America today until I'm blue in the face.

Seems SFMM has added days to the schd and is now open full time until early October. They had always gone to weekends only prior to Labor Day (Sept) so they might be getting ready to run with Justice League around that time and wanted to have doors open.

Was thinking about heading to either Raging Waters or Hurricane Harbor tomorrow, and I wanted to see if any of you guys knew LAUSD's schedule for memorial day weekend. Are they off on friday and I should avoid the parks or is it totally open. I know there's a small chance of rain, hopefully that means it will be less busy.

EDIT: Just bothered to check and Hurricane Harbor is closed. Would still like to know if I could go to the dry park without stressing about crowds.

Still 40 buses at 3pm.

Weird. That's a bummer for you. Did you get in a decent number of rides?

Most of the buses were the white vacation type buses.

Tatsu had a 10-15 minute wait. X was to the entrance when I got there at around 12. I didn't go back to it until 5 or so and it was a 1 train wait. TC i waited for 30 minutes but that was with a 10 minute delay. Full Throttle had half of the tv queue area full, but there was a 20 minute delay when I was about to get into the aisle lines because two trains got stuck and the mechanics had to push it(which was interesting didn't know it was light enough to do that, about 3 pushed I think.) What was interesting also was a Medic came with a backpack and was all ready to go on the track I guess, he just put on the yellow reflector vest but then took it off because they just fixed it. I also got stuck on X for 10 minutes before the exit platform while there was an error with the train in the station. Employee came and asked for our names, first time I've been asked that. Rode Apocalypse for the first time since the rehab and sure it was better but not as smooth as I would have thought. Was a walk-on as was Goliath.

20170524_122014.thumb.jpg.20a4876f915564c4689939cfc5eedce9.jpg

20170524_143039.thumb.jpg.2c236e4ef45330f3d25340461278f538.jpg

20170524_160431.thumb.jpg.8f0102c6bf0217acfe80f9683b74b244.jpg

20170524_161709.thumb.jpg.7777e452c917cbab2823aebb48e7eff9.jpg

20170524_160705.thumb.jpg.32b2cf62949c376ce150292c87b4680a.jpg

20170524_160416.thumb.jpg.950f2893b117cfd27e7892fe5bf8f5dc.jpg

^ I was on the train when Full Throttle broke down. It was weird since we realized that the car just kept going past the tunnel. We were stuck just outside for around 10 minutes or so as we were waiting for the staff to come up. Some staff members came by and told the entire train to put our heads against the headrest as they reset the ride. They pulled into the tunnel with the train, and started to reset the ride. Had a couple miss launches inside while we were waiting, with one of them sending us backwards up the back loop at around 1/3 of the speed that it usually launches the train at. Overall, the staff was fairly calm about it, but it was fairly cool since I have only been stuck on a couple rides before.

Besides that, it was a really nice day. There was still some waiting involved with the more popular rides like X2, Tatsu, and Twisted Colossus, but walk ons for just about everything else. Here is some pictures of the park yesterday.

1604042394_General2.thumb.jpg.836f9fd9aa584b8226a6cd0823227e36.jpg

Welcome to Six Flags Magic Mountain!

General.thumb.jpg.6343173c56cedabc814c817743c1ec72.jpg

Started out the day with a ride on Tatsu.

29375921_General1.thumb.jpg.30e985ac039e96fe411a0f2040a75f7c.jpg

773488863_General4.thumb.jpg.8ac0be6ffef5cd760d0320202118aa35.jpg

1253377745_General3.thumb.jpg.aa441599c0692fba9e20431e1f9d4ea7.jpg

1925999068_Apocalypse1.thumb.jpg.fae2bf080630a5a63fa0fa3bb900bb3b.jpg

Took a ride on Apocalypse, still pretty bumpy, but not nearly as rough as it was before.

Apocalypse.thumb.jpg.c619f7e3ed25586be0ca73ebbbcbc25e.jpg

Replaced track!

Riddler.thumb.jpg.0df2ca7db033e485865a3bdbf89496eb.jpg

Some of the paint being put up onto Riddler

947179163_Riddler1.thumb.jpg.cd28bf2dfa9e672e2b0fa3e5771dd10a.jpg

Some more paint

1968254805_Riddler2.thumb.jpg.b84437753e275a0bb46605bffb9a9357.jpg

Noticed that the track in this shot has some yellow on it

unnamed-15.thumb.jpg.72ad74fb2257130a4d94c1089c6feaf8.jpg

Work around the gazebo

unnamed-4.thumb.jpg.07263ddf1a63977db2ba449b175e4d22.jpg

New tables outside of JB's

unnamed-5.thumb.jpg.d3f3c2bd80fabd14d4676568bd2f0c57.jpg

unnamed-6.thumb.jpg.71eef2da55db000e77083f2afffd52f2.jpg

Staff members went to the tunnel besides the 2 mechanics I saw walk up from the station? I didn't see them make the walk wonder how they got there. The medic guy just put on his reflector vest and 1 second later the ride was cleared to go. I bet he was coming up to see you guys making sure everyone was okay. Is that standard? Haven't seen that before, was anyone on the ride feeling sick at all while waiting? Most of the line ahead of me left during that delay time. Did they make any announcement to you guys while in the tunnel before coming up?

Staff members went to the tunnel besides the 2 mechanics I saw walk up from the station? I didn't see them make the walk wonder how they got there. The medic guy just put on his reflector vest and 1 second later the ride was cleared to go. I bet he was coming up to see you guys making sure everyone was okay. Is that standard? Haven't seen that before, was anyone on the ride feeling sick at all while waiting? Most of the line ahead of me left during that delay time. Did they make any announcement to you guys while in the tunnel before coming up?

The other staff members came from a walkway behind the Laughing Dragon restraunt, but they didn't make any announcements over an intercom. No one on the train was feeling sick, just some people yelling to try and get the staffs attention, which was useless since I'm pretty sure that they were fully aware that the train did not return to the station.

Edited by kylexy2298

Judging by those recent pics of Riddler, the faded yellow support color was indeed a primer. Some of those supports clearly have been painted a much more vibrant yellow. Hallelujah!

Edited by southpuddle