TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I know this was an unnecessarily critical post, and the colors wont stop me from riding it, but I am just too dumbfounded not to speak my mind.

I'm with you though. I thought RIddler looked great before... Now, not so much, and it doesn't really make sense with the character. I mean, it's not a BIG deal, but it's really odd, and another strange color combo decision by an amusement park (shockingly, NOT CF this time! lol)

I know this was an unnecessarily critical post, and the colors wont stop me from riding it, but I am just too dumbfounded not to speak my mind.

I'm with you though. I thought RIddler looked great before... Now, not so much, and it doesn't really make sense with the character. I mean, it's not a BIG deal, but it's really odd, and another strange color combo decision by an amusement park (shockingly, NOT CF this time! lol)

My question is, was Riddler's Revenge in NEED of a paint job, let alone a new color scheme?

My question is, was Riddler's Revenge in NEED of a paint job, let alone a new color scheme?

I didn't take any photos yesterday but the park was not too busy. I think it's partly due to the fact that Memorial Day is next weekend. So if you want to see the park before it gets crowded for the summer season, this week is the best time to go!

The longest wait times were for Roaring Rapids and TNR. X2, Batman, and Full Throttle were all walk-ons. For a Saturday, I call that a success!

Apocalypse was running fantastic. It didn't throw me into the side of the car like it usually does, thanks to the refurbished track.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but it looks like Swashbuckler's tower got an LED upgrade. I passed by it on my way out of the park, and the tower was glowing blue.

Twisted Colossus broke down twice. Once in the morning when a train was stuck on the lift, and once in the afternoon when trains kept getting stuck on the "launch" right out of the station before the pre-ride drops. But the staff did well explaining to guests that it was just a delay. It took about 25 minutes to get the ride up and going again, but it was WELL worth the wait imo.

As for food, I bought a Chicken Strip Basket from Totally Kickin' Chicken Boneless Wings near Apocalypse which was NOT worth the $13.04 I spent for it. The chicken strips were average, but the fries tasted saltless and were straight from the microwave. The only thing that was worth the money was the drink bottle. Plus, it eliminated the need for me to buy any sugary snacks because I could just sip on some cold Coke all day for free, which was greatly appreciated on a hot, 93 degree day.

Some merchandise is being discounted. I saw shirts marked down from $17.99 to $10 flat. I ended up buying a red tank because it was cheap.

Overall, the crowds were light (even with 15-20 busses of school groups) and the staff was efficient. It was a pretty good day.

Ride Count:

Gold Rusher- 1

Batman- 1

Twisted Colossus- 1

Scream- 1

Canyon Blaster- 1

Full Throttle- 1

X2- 1

Tatsu- 1

Jet Stream- 1

Apocalypse- 1

Lex Luthor (Yes it was open)- 1

Superman- 2

It's like when SFOG turned Ninja into Blue Hawk and gave it a new paint job, even though it was probably the coaster in the park that needed it the least.

15-20 buses on a Saturday? Interesting. Walk ons on Saturday...haven't heard that for a while besides a rainy day.

I'm most likely going Wednesday on the cooler of the next 3 days.

Anyone know if JL will have an early season pass only preview?

It's like when SFOG turned Ninja into Blue Hawk and gave it a new paint job, even though it was probably the coaster in the park that needed it the least.

I think the reason for Ninja's retheme was to try to shake off the bad reputation it had built up over the years with its old trains, not because it needed a paint job.

Riddler did not need a repaint, IMO. Maybe the park will surprise us with a retheme, or maybe they just did it to add to the new rethemed Metropolis. Why the park repainted Riddler is anybody's guess.

I hope you were being sarcastic.

As for Riddler. People complain when they don't paint their coasters, now we're complaining that they're painting them too soon? **Confused**

The colors don't bother me. Riddler's Revenge has had a nearly 20 year run as the big green and black coaster. Maybe it's time for some change?

I hope you were being sarcastic.

As for Riddler. People complain when they don't paint their coasters, now we're complaining that they're painting them too soon? **Confused**

Typical enthusiast stuff.

I was also puzzled by the color choice when I first saw what they had decided on, but I think in reality it differentiates it from Green Lantern which is probably what the park wanted.

As to why it's not green and purple, I would assume it's due to that color scheme being more closely associated with the Joker.

Who knows, maybe this is a precursor to a new color scheme for the Riddler in the DC comics or cinematic universe...

I was also puzzled by the color choice when I first saw what they had decided on, but I think in reality it differentiates it from Green Lantern which is probably what the park wanted.

As to why it's not green and purple, I would assume it's due to that color scheme being more closely associated with the Joker.

Who knows, maybe this is a precursor to a new color scheme for the Riddler in the DC comics or cinematic universe...

It could have to do with his question cane which is gold/yellow, and his question emblem.

b59011c7b44847671834ca52a30e10ae.jpg

How does anyone think it was painted too soon? Riddler was still sporting its original paint from 1998 and it was faded as all getup. Granted, it looked better than just about any other 19 year old coaster that had never been repainted (seriously, whatever paint they used was some seriously hardy stuff) but it most definitely needed a fresh coat. Anyway, I was hoping that the yellow on the supports was just a primer and that they would eventually be a brighter shade, but I think it'll look fine once it's all said and done.

I'll be visiting the park this Friday and I was wondering what the best plan of action is to knock out as many rides as I can in one day. What's the best order to hit all the coasters in? I only have one day at the park and plan on either getting a gold or platinum flash pass to speed things along.

I'll be visiting the park this Friday and I was wondering what the best plan of action is to knock out as many rides as I can in one day. What's the best order to hit all the coasters in? I only have one day at the park and plan on either getting a gold or platinum flash pass to speed things along.

If you get Gold or Platinum, just start one way and work your way around the circle of the park. You'll have very short lines for you. If anything, hit X2 first thing before you pick up your flash pass that way you don't have to pay for the addon. I doubt Friday will be that busy anyways. Have fun!

How does anyone think it was painted too soon? Riddler was still sporting its original paint from 1998 and it was faded as all getup. Granted, it looked better than just about any other 19 year old coaster that had never been repainted (seriously, whatever paint they used was some seriously hardy stuff) but it most definitely needed a fresh coat. Anyway, I was hoping that the yellow on the supports was just a primer and that they would eventually be a brighter shade, but I think it'll look fine once it's all said and done.

it was definitely in need. sure, didn't look as bad as Tatsu, and not horrible for what we are used to at SFMM, but not great in any stretch.

It could have to do with his question cane which is gold/yellow, and his question emblem.

b59011c7b44847671834ca52a30e10ae.jpg

Yeah these colors look exactly like what they are painting the coaster to look like. Someone at SFMM is doing their homework.

Adding some purple to either the trains or the station would finish things up nicely.

Are the season pass unlimited refills all year bottle available this year? I only see the one that is 99 cents after the first visit on the site and app?

From my understanding, the only way to get the (yellow-colored) unlimited all-season drink bottles is to buy the Two-Park Premium Dining pass. At least for now. The (red-colored) all-season drink bottles are the only ones available as of now. Still, it's a good deal if you visit the park more than once.

Are the season pass unlimited refills all year bottle available this year? I only see the one that is 99 cents after the first visit on the site and app?

From my understanding, the only way to get the (yellow-colored) unlimited all-season drink bottles is to buy the Two-Park Premium Dining pass. At least for now. The (red-colored) all-season drink bottles are the only ones available as of now. Still, it's a good deal if you visit the park more than once.

The All-Season Dining Pass is also good at other Six Flags parks.