Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

P. 24: "Taiga" Intamin launch coaster announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

Postby Anac0nda » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:25 am

Total length is 1104m (3622 ft)!
Original FB source
Teas5.jpg

Picture hints at inversion(s)? :airtime:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby D-86 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:31 am

By the flight track of that eagle, it looks like a inversion for me..

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:07 pm

If it an Intamin LSM I may have to put Linnanmäki on the to-do list.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Shaping looks kind of Gerstlauer to me, the Track is from NL2 so judgements based on that is kind of invalid to me.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby A.T.I » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:13 pm

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Shaping looks kind of Gerstlauer to me, the Track is from NL2 so judgements based on that is kind of invalid to me.

You're looking too deep into it. ;)
ATI Stands for Amusement Thrills International! =) =) =)

We were born to fly...

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:19 pm

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Shaping looks kind of Gerstlauer to me, the Track is from NL2 so judgements based on that is kind of invalid to me.

Well, the shaping looks Intamin to me ;)

But also: If it was Gerst and they're using NL2, why not go with the Gerstlauer-licensed Infinity or Eurofighter track model?
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Expedition GeForce|Medusa Steel
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:02 pm

D-86 wrote:By the flight track of that eagle, it looks like a inversion for me..

Now that you mention it... Going by the look of the feathers on the eagle it looks like it's going to be an Intamin coaster.
Bigger is not always better.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:08 am

https://www.sttinfo.fi/tiedote/linnanmaki-amusement-park-in-helsinki-finland-announces-their-biggest-roller-coaster-project-ever-taiga-is-getting-ready-to-launch?publisherId=3179&releaseId=66986964

Linnanmäki Amusement Park, in Helsinki, Finland, announces their biggest roller coaster project ever: Taiga is Getting Ready to Launch!

Jaa
Something exciting has been brewing at Linnanmäki Amusement Park during the past winter. The amusement park has been posting teasers in the social media implying that “Taiga is in the air”.

It is finally time to announce that a spectacular roller coaster is arriving at Linnanmäki in 2019!

“We are very excited to finally announce that Linnanmäki is making its greatest ride project ever in co-operation with ride manufacturer Intamin. This most unique high-profile launch coaster can be described as a coaster enthusiasts’ dream”, explains Pia Adlivankin, Managing Director of Linnanmäki with great excitement.

This new ride will have a top hat height at 52 meters, Finland’s longest track length of 1104 meters and a furious maximum speed of 106 km per hour. In addition, this new coaster will have two launches and four inversions.

Intamin is a European coaster manufacturer with the largest number of launch coasters in operation all over the world.

”It was an easy choice to select Intamin as our ride provider, since they had the most creative layout suggestion for our challenging terrain. We are truly satisfied with our biggest ride acquisition ever” Anssi Tamminen, Technical Director of Linnanmäki comments on the project.

Linnanmäki expects this ride to be one of the most exciting rides in Europe.

”This coaster will impress everyone. The final layout design phase was a true collaborative effort with Linnanmäki, and we were able to come up with a roller coaster which will set new standards not only in Finland but in the whole Northern Europe and even beyond”, Intamin’s Executive Vice President Sascha Czibulka proudly explains.

This fierce new roller coaster, Taiga, will be launched during the 2019 season.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Anac0nda » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:27 am

Can I just say how excited I am that something this amazing is coming to my homepark! :b :airtime: :b

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:39 am

Wow, I was not expecting this! I get some serious Taron vibes - awesome!

And that first inversion after the second launch :lover: :lover:

Finland trip for 2019 confirmed :airtime:
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Shambhala - PortAventura 3. Taron - Phantasialand 4. Helix - Liseberg 5. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Silver Star - Europa-Park 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 219 || Parks: 40

Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Phantasialand

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!