Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

P. 17: 2017 new ride from Technical Park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:50 am

Very nice photos--great way to end the season.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby oriolat » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:52 pm

Wow, I had no idea Kieppi was leaving! So bummed to read that as it was quite an experience; maybe too intense for my taste but a rare model. What are they going to install in its place?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:11 pm

I can only repeat what others have said, those are some sweet shots! Thanks for sharing, Antti. :)

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Rill'o'beily » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:29 pm

oriolat wrote:Wow, I had no idea Kieppi was leaving! So bummed to read that as it was quite an experience; maybe too intense for my taste but a rare model. What are they going to install in its place?

There might not even be a new ride, Linnanmäki has been planning an underground area and the entrance might be on Kieppi's place. If it isn't that, no-one has any clue on what ride there would be.

Postby Rill'o'beily » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:52 pm

Just as a psa

Vonkaputous was mostly closed the latter half of 2016, well before it would've been closed due to cold. 2018 project?

What's it gonna be?

Postby Rill'o'beily » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:29 am

As a subcriber on Linnanmäki's official newsletter, I got an invite to the raffle of participating in the first riders of their newest ride coming in to replace Kieppi.

In the email it is revealed that it will have a 140cm height requirement and will have spinning in some form (there's a finnish word for it but idk how to translate it, wildly spinning possibly in many directions)

The Finnish themepark community is stumped currently on what it's gonna be because none of the currently trendy flatrides fit the description or the spot, and a lot of the rides that would fit the spot are similiar to something they'd already have.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:36 pm

Great news!

maybe it's one of these new self-spinning rides from Gerstlauer/Technical Park?
12376642_10153650847483924_544381396474068818_n.jpg

IMG001.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Postby Rill'o'beily » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:21 am

_koppen wrote:Great news!

maybe it's one of these new self-spinning rides from Gerstlauer/Technical Park?

Well the gerstlauer ones both have too big diameters, but more importantly aren't they generally classified as more family oriented rather than high thrill?

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:19 am

Rill'o'beily wrote:Well the gerstlauer ones both have too big diameters, but more importantly aren't they generally classified as more family oriented rather than high thrill?

The whole point behind the Sky Roller and Sky Fly is that you can make your experience as tame or as thrilling as you want it to be.
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:35 am

Theres also a new smaller version coming out this year for Tivoli Friheden, it's called a Sky Racer. It's basically a small spinning wheel on the ground with rotating seats with wings, 16 meters in diameter. Should fit in nicely, if that's what they are going for.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!