TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute...awesome Intamin launched coaster AND it replaces the horrid water boarding death splash coaster!?!?! SUPER WIN!

Don't you DARE to say that from my Vonkaputous! She was a btch yes but gosh I loved it? But still not missing it anymore after Taiga showed up

Linnanmäki has sent us their official press release announcing Taiga, their new Intamin launch coaster!

Something exciting has been brewing at Linnanmäki Amusement Park during the past winter. The amusement park has been posting teasers in the social media implying that “Taiga is in the air”.

It is finally time to announce that a spectacular roller coaster is arriving at Linnanmäki in 2019!

“We are very excited to finally announce that Linnanmäki is making its greatest ride project ever in co-operation with ride manufacturer Intamin. This most unique high-profile launch coaster can be described as a coaster enthusiasts’ dream”, explains Pia Adlivankin, Managing Director of Linnanmäki with great excitement.

This new ride will have a top hat height at 52 meters, Finland’s longest track length of 1104 meters and a furious maximum speed of 106 km per hour. In addition, this new coaster will have two launches and four inversions.

Intamin is a European coaster manufacturer with the largest number of launch coasters in operation all over the world.

”It was an easy choice to select Intamin as our ride provider, since they had the most creative layout suggestion for our challenging terrain. We are truly satisfied with our biggest ride acquisition ever” Anssi Tamminen, Technical Director of Linnanmäki comments on the project.

Linnanmäki expects this ride to be one of the most exciting rides in Europe.

”This coaster will impress everyone. The final layout design phase was a true collaborative effort with Linnanmäki, and we were able to come up with a roller coaster which will set new standards not only in Finland but in the whole Northern Europe and even beyond”, Intamin’s Executive Vice President Sascha Czibulka proudly explains.

This fierce new roller coaster, Taiga, will be launched during the 2019 season.

8e474c47-29e4-4e17-9780-a3c289072d2d-w_960.jpg.ca4f2aaa7ce5c0b9fa535c41076d9443.jpg

All Intamin track experts! Is there a option to park to choose those LSM track models? Like between this original intamin track and the new what have been for example on LSM Soaring With Dragon coaster on china? As I have been thinking this coaster much lately (Finally we got something big and noteable! ) I've tried to think that what would this looked with the other track style? Less supports and maybe clearer outline view maybe? Of course, this also mind blowing and super to have

Intamin will use whichever track style is necessary to engineer the coaster.

To speculate, I would assume that whomever made the NoLimits simulation knew the difference between the three-rail grid track style and the modern single spine style, and laid out the supports based on that style, but you never know. I would be willing to bet that the NoLimits sim is at least "somewhat" accurate (therefore using the grid style) based on how they seem to have laid out the supports / footers to take that one pathway into consideration. Fun speculation, of course. We'll find out!

• 4 weeks later...

The news article says it'll be the fastest coaster in northern europe which is just really bad fact checking considering wildfire is plenty faster

Also:

- New VR film for Linnunrata

- New restaurants including a sweet & savory waffle place

- Temporary Vekkula replacement until 2021

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have vertical construction! End brakes, maintenance, track switch, station and first launch already have track and supports, and more pieces are going up daily:

res1.thumb.jpg.e2dd96cbe4174527518ec5a9851b8179.jpg

res2.thumb.jpg.737a5fe2d97ad4f7a891fd0297b4ff13.jpg

This thing already has impressive height thanks to terrain, and to think that the Immelmann will prob be even higher than that yellow wall it's facing Pictures really don't do any justice. Taiga will be a beast!

Looks like I might have to make a new trip to Finland in the not-so-distant future. My last trip was in 2007 and quite a lot has happened since then. With Junker, Hype and now Taiga I'd say it's definitely worth making another trip.

Is there anything happening with the Funhouse, now?

They reported it was going to close, and something new to replace it.

And they were getting suggestions and response from the gp about it.

Thanks in advance if anybody posts new info. and/or photos.