TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Toverland Discussion Thread

I love that they even have a wand show included. It's like Europe's own little IoA.

They already have (had?) a walkthrough attraction in which you were given an interactive wand and you could wander around a castle activating different effects. I am talking ca. 2009...

I love that they even have a wand show included. It's like Europe's own little IoA.

They already have (had?) a walkthrough attraction in which you were given an interactive wand and you could wander around a castle activating different effects. I am talking ca. 2009...

Yes, it is still there! It is called Toverhuis (Magic House).

45154_800.jpg.072afd2193b85d305685312c2dde4232.jpg

Toverland.com

Everything looks awesome, but I am still trying visualize how it all fits with the existing buildings, parking lots, etc.

Does anybody have a drawing or something that shows the new entrance, and everything beyond it? Overhead?

From the announcement videos first released, you get just a slight look at it all...then the videos end.

Thanks in advance if anybody has a shot like that.

EDIT: Already found some visuals of what it's supposed to turn out, like.

P.S. If they take that facade piece on the current front of the "box" and move it to the other end, where the doors

open to this new section (or the reverse) that would be a great start!

ToverlandEntry.jpg.e22055fcb419c94af8209cc3e01cbbcc.jpg

So move all this to the other end of the box, yes? No? Photo from TPR, thanks!

Edited by Nrthwnd

^ Yes, I was planning to go Walibi Holland on our next Amsterdam visit (2022). But now that I see all this expansion happening,

maybe going here would be a nice change. Not to mention riding TROY! again and again and again...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The park released a video reaching the highest point today:

Yesterday I decided to keep track on construction (Like I like to do for many project that intrest me.)

Here's an update from today:

30706750_2022119391194535_2255249931610861969_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c9c03a62da2dadfb1f4414dea59fc708&oe=5B4FE385

At first look I said they're a long way if it opens in 11 weeks. But at closer look the coaster is basically the last major thing left. Besides that landscaping and decorative elements are basically left and in 5 to 7 weeks you make a decent progress with that. I'm curios to see their progress this week on the coaster.

It starts to look very good.

Wow. Great stuff there. I honestly believe that Toverland is one of The Parks to definitely visit, in the future.

They really are thinking, building, and creating....."outside of The Box." (Well, I thought it was funny.)

I just got home form the park. Small update on Avalon (better said Fenix).

The Immelmann is complete, the Helix is complete and today the first 2 pieces of the Zero G roll got placed. Maybe I will place pictures I don't know yet (I did make them).

As for the other things: They where working on the roof of the boat house. The rock work on the station also starts to get shape. The restaurant exterior got some work done today. They are really far with landscaping, a lot of the future pathways are already visible (No paving yet.). It seems they wanted to finish the helix first so they can start on the "Island". I'm not at all afraid to see them finish this in time.

They really know how to keep the pace when building a coaster there. Seems like there are only 6 to 8 pieces left before the track is round, I know all the supports are standing from updates from twitter. If they work tomorrow and sunday if it isn't done by sunday it will be monday for sure. And to think 3 weeks ago there was only a brake, station and lifthill with a little bit of track on the ground.

Next week I'm going to Germany for some parks, if it's up to me we're going to take the extra 7 minutes (but less kilometers) detour to see this guy again from the N277 on our way home.

New wing coaster Fenix in Toverland is complete

070518wing1.jpg.984735754d80aa762f14cc3ba4ad0225.jpg

The spectacular new rollercoaster Fenix in Toverland is complete. The last track section has just been mounted at almost 40 meters high. With this, the complete construction of the 813-meter-long wing coaster is now standing.

The last missing part was that of the turn after the lift. The ride features three inversions: a dive drop, an Immelmann and a zero G-roll. Fenix will reach a top speed of 95 kilometers per hour.

The first track sections were installed in January. On April 18, the highest point was reached. The first test rides will probably take place in June, says a spokeswoman. The official opening is planned for Saturday 7 July. At the same time, the rest of the Avalon themed area will be taken into use, including Merlin's Quest boat ride. The new Port Laguna entrance area will also open on that day.

070518wing2.jpg.7204bc3feef6c6119ee9e3ab6d876ac9.jpg

070518wing3.jpg.a1d5a44bf5c64b72fb5604fdefe67a62.jpg

070518wing4.jpg.51b819a2c976a38b97edc29137533ca1.jpg

Source