Waldameer Discussion Thread

P. 75 - Waldameer video mentions a future roller coaster
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: Waldameer Discussion Thread

Postby pryonisys » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:48 am

grsupercity wrote:You can pay for individual rides right? We plan on hitting the 3.5 coasters, the drop tower. Maybe the sky ride and maybe the log flume. Should we pay for the fun card or just pay per ride? Maybe multiple rides and Ravine Flyer2.

Thanks for the advice

You can pay per ride, but if you want a few re-rides on each of those you may want to get the daily pass. Each ride on Ravine Flyer II, Steel Dragon and Thunder River is 4.50.
All day ride pass is $30
(all depends on what you would like to do in terms of re-rides)

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby ajfelice » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:20 pm

_s3_ wrote:My wife was at the park today and sent me a picture of the Spider. Currently looks as if its sitting in pieces. Curious if it's just down for maintenance or something larger?

Spider has a mechanical issue at the center of the ride. The only way to figure out the exact nature of the issue is to disassemble the ride. Removing parts from the center may require more heavy equipment than a forklift, so that will be very tricky given the ride's location and the limited staff resources. As of now, there is no time frame on the ride re-opening this season.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rai Fox » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:46 pm

That's sad. That's one of the rides I was really looking forward to getting on; not enough of them left around, and the newer versions just aren't the same.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby BansheeFanshee » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:52 pm

Kings Island’s Monster sat in that same manner for an extended period during one of the last few seasons. It’s purely for maintenance purposes unless this situation is different. (Which it doesn’t appear to be)

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rai Fox » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:43 pm

Well, they definitely did get the Monster up and running; I've ridden it in 2016 and 2017. Wasn't quite as good as an older Spider though. I dont know if it's the design or the park's operations or what though; Dorney's Monster seems to run incredibly well but that's the only Monster I've been on that's ever given me a ride like a Spider.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:35 am

Rai Fox wrote:Well, they definitely did get the Monster up and running; I've ridden it in 2016 and 2017. Wasn't quite as good as an older Spider though. I dont know if it's the design or the park's operations or what though; Dorney's Monster seems to run incredibly well but that's the only Monster I've been on that's ever given me a ride like a Spider.

I feel the complete opposite. When I was here with TPR our car spun so much that even I felt kinda nauseous and I can handle pretty much any spin and puke. When I rode the one at Dorney it barely spun.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby operative_me » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:42 pm

I've lurked for years and finally decided to post:

Tuesday I tried to visit Waldameer for the first time. Unfortunately I didn't even make it in the gate as the park lost power due to a semi truck taking down power lines on 8th street. Disappointing but what can you do?

Well I took the advice of this forum and went to Sara's. It was excellent. Spent some time at the beaches on Presque Isle. Rented a boat and zipped around the bay for a few hours. Went to Schickalay's and got the Greek Dog, I loved it. So overall had a nice time in the Erie area even though the main attraction was down for the day.

So thanks for the advice, it helped in making it a good day overall. Hoping to get out to Waldameer for another try in a couple of weeks. I've had bad luck lately, I got rained out for Steel Vengeance ERT last week, so I'm due for a good run.

P.S. Ravine Flyer looks awesome from the road! :lmao:

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby pryonisys » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:49 pm

Made it to Waldameer for my lunch break and took a quick ride on Ravine Flyer. Only had to wait 3 trains and if I didn't want the back I could have just walked right on. The parking lot was pretty busy today, but I believe most of the patrons were in Water World today as it's a beautiful day.
Ravine Flyer is still riding great this year and it mad for a very good lunch break.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:15 pm

operative_me wrote:I've lurked for years and finally decided to post:

Tuesday I tried to visit Waldameer for the first time. Unfortunately I didn't even make it in the gate as the park lost power due to a semi truck taking down power lines on 8th street. Disappointing but what can you do?

Well I took the advice of this forum and went to Sara's. It was excellent. Spent some time at the beaches on Presque Isle. Rented a boat and zipped around the bay for a few hours. Went to Schickalay's and got the Greek Dog, I loved it. So overall had a nice time in the Erie area even though the main attraction was down for the day.

So thanks for the advice, it helped in making it a good day overall. Hoping to get out to Waldameer for another try in a couple of weeks. I've had bad luck lately, I got rained out for Steel Vengeance ERT last week, so I'm due for a good run.

Nice to hear that quality comments from others helped you make the best out of a bad situation.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:32 pm

operative_me wrote:I've lurked for years and finally decided to post:

Glad that we could help you out there! :)

I may have even saw you as I was walking on Presque Isle the day that the trucker hit the power lines and the park closed. I love that place and just wish that it was closer to home for me.

Best of luck on your next trip to Erie...Waldameer is an awesome little park and definitely worth the trip from Cleveland!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!