Waldameer Discussion Thread

P. 91 - A Zamperla Looping Discovery announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Re: Waldameer Discussion Thread

Postby BitterOldHag » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:02 am

^ On my lone visit to the park this year (Opening Day May 5th), the Spider was down as well. It was not in pieces that day... just not operating. :(

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby grsupercity » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:06 am

I believe me and my wife will be stopping here for a couple hours on our way to Kennywood. Will be our first time time at both parks. I am stoked. This looks like a little hidden gem of a park!
Best Wood Lightning Rod....Goliath SFGAM....Shivering Timbers....Storm Chaser...Voyage
Best Steel Maverick...Lighting Run.....Montu...Mako..Fury...Afterburn...Manta
Honorable mentions Kumba..Raging Bull..Legend..Cornball..M Force..Rapter..Mr Freeze

You know what....Way to many good coasters the best :lmao:

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby jconsolmagno » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:53 pm

grsupercity wrote:I believe me and my wife will be stopping here for a couple hours on our way to Kennywood. Will be our first time time at both parks. I am stoked. This looks like a little hidden gem of a park!

It's a great park. Waterpark included. Ravine Flyer is a top 5 woodie for me.

They are one great coaster (which should be coming in next few years) away from being can't miss.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:55 pm

I'm hitting a couple of long planned parks (just never got around to it yet...) next weekend with Waldameer being one of those.
Really looking forward to finally getting on Ravine Flyer!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:30 pm

Drove by the park yesterday and noticed that none of the rides were running. I thought that seemed strange...now I know why.

http://www.yourerie.com/news/waldameer-forced-to-close-most-rides-after-big-rig-takes-down-power-lines/

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Sorry for the double post...it posted my original post twice from the mobile site for some reason.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Samuel » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:07 pm

Went out to the park this past weekend:

-- Ravine Flyer II remains bonkers. It was wild, aggressive, and smooth. If you like butterflies in your stomach, nothing beats getting yanked down the first drop in the backseat. Very reasonable station waits allowed me to get in four laps in about 15 minutes or so. After that, I was a little bit fatigued from the Gravity Group wildness, but it's still an awesome coaster.

-- *I was on a log flume....I was on a log flume* Thunder River was great fun as always, with lots of mist in the bonus tunnel. I love flumes and hope that Waldameer keeps this one around for a long time to come.

-- The drop tower was great! I've done it before, but the quick drop is a real doozy and the restraint feels a little bit flimsy in a good way (if you like to be terrified).

-- Milkshakes at Sara's were perfection.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:34 pm

^ As awesome as Ravine Flyer II was in the back, I actually preferred it up front. The second half was significantly better for airtime up there.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Samuel » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:47 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ As awesome as Ravine Flyer II was in the back, I actually preferred it up front. The second half was significantly better for airtime up there.

Yep, I had a great ride in the front, too. It's definitely worth experiencing both ends of the train for different thrills, and I'm glad RFII is a "not a bad seat in the house" coaster. Given the semi-violent edge that some GG woodies can develop, Waldameer has done a great job keeping this ride running very well.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby grsupercity » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:38 am

You can pay for individual rides right? We plan on hitting the 3.5 coasters, the drop tower. Maybe the sky ride and maybe the log flume. Should we pay for the fun card or just pay per ride? Maybe multiple rides and Ravine Flyer2.

Thanks for the advice
Best Wood Lightning Rod....Goliath SFGAM....Shivering Timbers....Storm Chaser...Voyage
Best Steel Maverick...Lighting Run.....Montu...Mako..Fury...Afterburn...Manta
Honorable mentions Kumba..Raging Bull..Legend..Cornball..M Force..Rapter..Mr Freeze

You know what....Way to many good coasters the best :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!