TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Rage" Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter, Adventure Island

http://www.rcdb.com/id3573.htm

http://www.joylandbooks.com/news.htm#New_

This is crazyness, allbeit good, but still crazy, this park is completely aimed at kiddies (bar 2 flat rides). Apparantly it will replace their Log Flume, which is tiny. I doubt I will believe it until construction starts

And the Wristbands are currently £19 for this kiddies park, which is way too expensive, so god knows what they will go up to if they do get this ride.

-Martyn

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.rcdb.com/id3573.htm

http://www.joylandbooks.com/news.htm#New_

This is crazyness, allbeit good, but still crazy, this park is completely aimed at kiddies (bar 2 flat rides). Apparantly it will replace their Log Flume, which is tiny. I doubt I will believe it until construction starts

And the Wristbands are currently £19 for this kiddies park, which is way too expensive, so god knows what they will go up to if they do get this ride.

-Martyn

I think it's good. The park is well run and has a good selection of rides and just because it doesn't have large rides doesn't mean it's boring. I have had many good trips there. The coasters are all pretty fun and the rides are great to go on with mates.

If they get the Eurofighter it will seriously rock because it will bring more people to the park and then hopefully mean they will be able to get more big rides.

And £19 for a wristband is only that during the middle of summer and to be honest it is well worth it. You get unlimited rides on anything, except the go carts, all day and with AI you aren't restricted to staying in the park. You can wonder off down the peir, go to some arcades, get fish and chips, walk down by the sea, go on the beach and then return to go on the rides again.

First of all, Adventure Island is not a kiddie park.

True it's not in the league of Thorpe Park etc, I would call it more a 'family' park.

I'm really pleased it hear this news.

The park requires a new coaster & I'm sure this will bring more visitors to the place.

Also Eurofighters have quite a low height requirement, I would say the same as a Maurer Söhne spinning coaster.

Also I would say Dragon's Claw is the parks most intense ride there currently

dc.jpg.3e8a62e05c731d1017c2c33e43697c6b.jpg

Dragon's Claw

Ok, I suppose it not a kiddies park, but theres nothing there to justify £19 wristbands and IMO it still seems strange, a seaside amusment park getting a Euro-Fighter.

I've been down there with my girlfriend and we didn't have much fun, but my biggest shock was after paying £19 for wristbands, you have to pay extra for the Dodgems!

Ok, so when its £19 it is open till late, but theres nothing there to keep me staying till late, ok you can leave, walk into town etc, but theres not much to go back for, re-riding flats to me is boring. Hardly anything has a queue, apart from their Log Flume, which is why I was surprised at hearing they will be removing it, its like tradition for a park to have a Log Flume.

And bare in mind it cost the same price to get in here (Adventure Island)as it does Drayton Manor & Flamingo Land

The £19 wristbands start in April till October.

-Martyn

Bit harsh saying it’s a kiddies park, I always had a laugh with groups I been with when I visited, plus its open in the winter which is a bonus for all the people who have trouble with close parks season and it's cheap.

As for Adventure Island getting a new coaster, nice to hear there getting something new and look forwards to ride sometimes next year

Toby " Oooo I can see mine foot in that Claw Photo" Rush

They werent removed. Thats a Move It 18, the smallest of the KMG MoveIt rides. The 'common' version is Move It 24, which has 6 arms, and then theres Move It 32 which is the largest one.

Here you can see pictures of MoveIt 18, one of the ugliest rides KMG has ever made in my opinion http://www.feteforaine.net/reportagesm/moveit/index.htm

Edit:

Nevermind about that! I didnt look at the picture properly and I assumed that it was a Move It 18, but I was clearly wrong!

They were removed for offseason maintance. It is perfectly safe and happenes every offseason. And if you don't like the park, why visit? You can see from the website their ride selection isn't massive. Or why not just pay per ride instead of getting a wristband? And go after 6pm and get wristbands half price.

Does AI have an 'off season'?

I didn't want to know what it was like when I went down there for the first time, it was more exciting not knowing what to expect. I never said I didn't like the park, I just find it too expensive, I'm sure if it was £13 per wristband I would have liked it alot more, but knowing that I pad £19 and I could have gone to Drayton Manor or Flamingo land for the same price, it was just a bit dissapointing.

I now only go down there in the winter, just to get the credits whilst everywhere else is closed.

-Martyn

Well, I'm going to be making AI an "add-on" before the actual part of the TPR UK Tour trip starts. I'll probably be there on Thursday, June 1st. And...

It's half-price on that Thurs. after 6 pm. So me and one of my hosts are going, and I am treating, for bringing me to the park. That said, we're only going to be there till whenever it closes, get the coaster creds in and hopefully, one turn on every ride that looks interesting to me.

The only thing that I find wierd, is that closing hours aren't really 'set' until literally the day of... The site posts it as "Closing Between 9-11". So, split the diiference and hope for 10, lol. Will obviously check the site that day for what's posted.

11 would be great - then we'd have five hours there for half-price.

(EDIT: On topic, lol, I wish the EuroFighter WAS available this year, tho.)

You'll be able to get more than 1 go on each ride, nothing there has a queue apart from the Sky Drop. But then again its half term when yuor visiting, but I don't think that will do too much harm.

Make sure you don't miss Bleezy Bobs Trail, its a hidden Gem.

-Martyn

I also figured going on the Thursday evening would be less of a crowd than the Friday, hmm yes?

(Edit: Thanks for the "Attraction Tip," heh heh.)

Thursday will be a lot quieter than Friday, and if you went on Friday night it would take you ages to get out of Southend, its absolutely filled with chavs in their stupid cars, & when I say filled I mean roads blocked with these stupid cars and there loud music. I took me about an 1 hour to get off the seafront!

Also let us know whats happening with the Raging River as apparantly thats what the Euro-Fighter is replacing and as Adventure Island doesn't have and 'off/closed' season the construction could start anytime.

-Martyn

What a great thread. I ecenytly discovered the existance of this park as during my uk trip in July I have an extra day spare at the start of the trip when I need to stay fairly close to Heathrow, so am going to Whore this place to death.

Also let us know whats happening with the Raging River as apparantly thats what the Euro-Fighter is replacing and as Adventure Island doesn't have and 'off/closed' season the construction could start anytime.

-Martyn

Will do my best.

• 2 weeks later...

heya -

Did Island last evening. And asked one of the ops about removal of the flume for the coaster installation...

They told me the flume wasn't going to be removed until after the summer season. Then, they'd take it out in the late fall and start installing the new coaster.

~ ~ ~ ~

The park was fun, and it was true about lineups there on Thurs. night. Nothing to really deal with much, except for the drop ride, which I didn't do anyway, heh heh. I think the couple of hours we spent there made the 10£ per person (1/2 price after 1800) a bit easier to take, heh heh. Couldn't imagine spending nearly 20£ for a whole day there, tho. Not really enough to keep me happy for all that time, etc. IMhO.

So the "after 6pm" time spent there was enough...

(Edit: Sorry, totally forgot about the Bleezy Bob Trails, Martyn. Actually I don't think I even saw any signs alluding to such a thing. What was that, exactly? Maybe next visit, heh heh.)

Hey, I looked up this topic earlier to see if you'd replied, but ya have now.

Bleezy Bobs thingy is that colourfull building between the Log Flume and the Dingy slide, quite a large building, although the entrance is kind of hard to spot, its right by the Chairswings(GIANT TURTLE).

Well I'm glad someone agreew that the £19 is a lot to ask, especially as you can get in to Drayton Manor & Flamingo Land for the same price.

Obviously I'll believe the ride op as we know the ride is happening, but other wise I rarely believe anything that comes from a ride ops mouth.

-Martyn

and as Adventure Island doesn't have and 'off/closed' season the construction could start anytime.

-Martyn

Um... Yes it does have an off season. In and around the winter months it is the off season. Sure, the park isn't closed however it has reduced opening hours, opening mainly on weekends/public holidays and the ride availability goes down.

Yet another Euro Fighter... in EUROPE!

Why won't they make one in the USA? Maybe they could call it an "Amera-Fighter" or something But seriously, I'd love to get a chance to ride one, but a trip to Europe doesn't look like something that's coming very soon.

Bleezy Bobs thingy is that colourfull building between the Log Flume and the Dingy slide, quite a large building, although the entrance is kind of hard to spot, its right by the Chairswings(GIANT TURTLE).-Martyn

Ohhhhhhh - the dark ride! Yes, we went on that immediately after riding Green Machine.

It was fun, altho I was sort-of half expecting a bit of a coaster ride inside there, since we had to walk upstairs (and then downstairs)to get to the loading station, and then it climbed uphill inside the ride itself...

Dark rides and stuff indoors with black light is great, if it's done well. And BBs was pretty good, I must say.

Didn't get the "onride photo", tho. Too dorky-looking, we were, heh heh. If I knew it was being taken with that GUST OF AIR I would have prepared for it better, lol.

And yeah, I agree about what ride ops tell you, and what then actually happens. But the person was friendly in giving me some kind of response, so I appreciated that, even if the information might not be too accurate, etc.

Well I contacted Gerstlauer just to ask them if this is all true about the new coaster, I also asked it if was to be a custom design, and they did reply, didn't give away much though:

Dear Martin,

Through Gerstlauer I received your e-mail (see below). I'm responsible for sales in the UK and it's a pleasure to read that you're so enthusiastic. I can confirm that Adventure Island will get a Eurofighter roller coaster for the 2007 season, however I cannot reveal anything on the lay-out. We always leave the initiative with the client. He's paying for the roller coaster and is building up a marketing campaign around the new roller coaster. If you pay a visit to the Gerstlauer web site http://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/ every two weeks, you'll be informed on what is going on.

Kind regards,

ARC bv

Coen Nieuwenstein

Reiger 36

5554ML

Valkenswaard

The Netherlands

Tel. +31 402 075 143

Fax. +31 402 075 141

Mob. +31 651 595 626

e-Mail: coen@arc-bv.nl