TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Indiana Beach, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index

Indiana Beach Website

May 18th, 2006 - Park announces the first Splash Battle in the US (Below)

November 26th, 2007 - Steel Hawg is announced

February 19th, 2008 - Indiana Beach to be sold to Morgan RV Resorts

October 19th, 2009 - Indiana Beach announces Season Passes for the first time in 2010

March 3rd, 2011 - Indiana Beach announces Adventure Point (Ziplines and Ropes Course)

April 11th, 2011 - Grand opening of Adventure Point announced!

August 4th, 2013 - AWESOME Steel Hawg POV posted!

November 13th, 2013 - longtime park owner Thomas Spackman dies at age 100

January 23th, 2014 - The park has announced via Facebook the removal of Galaxi and the addition of 3 new family rides for 2014

April 30th, 2015 - New attractions to be added to water park area

September 1st, 2015 - Indiana Beach becomes part of Apex Parks Group

April 13th, 2016 - Larson Super Loop announced

February 18th, 2020 - Indiana Beach closing

April 24,2020-Chicago entrepreneur (and enthusiast) is revealed as the new owner

----------------------------------------

Courtesy of the Lafayette Journal and Courier

New rides hit the Beach

By Jennifer Christos

For the Journal and Courier

Amusement park opens on May 6

MONTICELLO -- Indiana Beach is getting ready for its 81st season.

With 27 major adult rides -- including five roller coasters -- and a slew of food and game stands, the main park opens the weekend of May 6 and starts daily operation on May 12.

The park's newest attraction, Splash Battle, is scheduled to open June 1. The interactive ride allows guests to pilot submarine-like vehicles and use on-board water cannons to trigger water stunts and soak other riders.

"It's the first ride of its kind in America," said Tom Spackman, spokesman for the family that owns the park. "But it's been a big hit in Europe and China."

The other new attraction, Splash Bash, is a water playground that is part of the sand beach swimming area. Geared toward younger children, it features fountains, waterfalls, bucket drops and squirt guns. The water park, which also includes six water slides and Action River, opens May 20.

"We have something for all ages," said Spackman, whose grandfather Earl Spackman opened the park as Ideal Beach in 1926, with a few refreshment stands and rental boats. Spackman's father, Tom Spackman Sr., installed the first permanent rides -- the Ferris wheel, the merry-go-round and the Bullet -- shortly after he took over in 1946.

Splash Battle at Walibi World: http://www.themeparkreview.com/europe20 ... world4.htm

Looks sweeet! Too bad it wasn't open this wek, though I admit that probably wouldn't been too fun to Sad & Pathetic

- Joe

The best part about the one at Walibi World, was the ride op who just grabbed a bucket of water and chased these two girls down the ramp soaking them...then slipping and falling REALLY hard!

Cute ride, should be good for the park!

Sounds awesome.

I had a blast on those battle boat things there last year. This sounds like a similar idea.

Actually Paul, from what I understand, they replaced the battle boats... at least they aren't upcharge.

-J (Who wonders where a great set of battle boats are now located, other than Knoebels of course)

• 1 year later...
Steel Hawg, which will rise 96 feet above ground and feature a 120º first drop along with multiple inversions, will be designed and constructed by ride manufacturer S & S Worldwide, Inc. of Logan, Utah. The company also produced Indiana Beach’s popular Double Shot tower ride and its Frog Hopper kiddie ride. “We’ve had an excellent relationship with S & S over the years and we’re looking forward to continuing that relationship with Steel Hawg,” stated Spackman. “The coaster will be a very distinctive ride with tight turns, 90º banks, inversions, and one-of-a-kind elements. However, with a height limit of 48 inches, it’s also a ride designed for families to enjoy together."

One of the largest ride investments in Indiana Beach’s history, Steel Hawg will be located on the north side of the park near the popular Hoosier Hurricane and Rocky’s Rapids Log Flume rides. Steel Hawg is scheduled to deliver its unique coaster experience in mid-May.

http://www.indianabeach.com/news/news/index.htm

Manufacturer - S & S Worldwide, Inc. of Logan, Utah

Height - 96 feet

Top Speed - 41 miles per hour

First Drop - 120º

Inversions - 3

Number of cars - 4

Number of Riders (per car) - 4

Height Limit - 48" minimum

Unique/Featured Elements - 120º 1st drop

Wall Turn

45º tip-out

Inverted Drop

Outside 360 roll

First drop 120º?

I hope it means First drop 120FT

And the winner of park I visited this year gets a coaster is IB!

Last year it was Blackpool, Before that it was SFMM, and Knotts. It seams that a park I visit each year will get a new coaster and most times a park not expected to get one. So if you want your park to be assured to get a coaster make sure I go there. Other then that this ride does sound interesting and yet another different name coming from the people at IB.

I guess just one more reason to visit this one of a kind park.

I thought Indiana Beach was quite fun, one of the best parks on the Midwest trip. I can't wait to see more on this coaster, and hopefully I will be back soon enough to enjoy the park again.

TJ "Nothing beats bears and beads" MacLennan

Agreed! I loved Indiana Beach on the Midwest Trip and I never would have been able to go if it weren't for that trip! I hope this ride is crammed in there like all the other rides are!