Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

P. 71: Indiana Beach announces Larson Super Loop
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:41 am

^ Oh, you can definitely do it all in one day! It's not that large of a park, even if you do the water park.
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ed Farmer » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:43 am

^ Easily less than a day, but I guess that depends on what you're looking to do.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:09 am

Me and my wife did a busy August Saturday there and rode everything (sadly Lost Coaster was closed) and got in multiple rerides on everything we wanted.
1.Maverick 2.Lighting Run 3.Fury 4.Afterburn 5.Raptor 6.GoliathSFGAM 7. Storm Chaster 8.Thunderhawk 9.Raging Bull 10.Shivering Timbers 11.Millennium Force

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby JT325 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:34 am

CoasterRench wrote:Is it possible to do Indiana Beach in one day, or suggest scheduling more than a day?

It's easy to hit everything once. But be warned, this is the first year for the new company, and the park is still putting itself back together. On our visit a few weeks ago, closed rides included Tig'ger, Lost Coaster, Giant Wheel, Shafer Queen, Log Flume and the new Super Loop... Operations are still as bad, if not worse than in past years. And the previously wonderful Hoosier Hurricane was still full of painful potholes. I hope the new company can pull it all together in the next couple years.

If you are going out of your way, or pulling time away from another park, I would say hold off to see if the park improves next year.

Indiana Beach used to be the sort of place we wanted to spend more TIME and MONEY, because it was so fun. The atmosphere, the rides, the lights at night, everything. Sort of a smaller Knoebels on the lake.
#CPFrontierLift2019

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CoasterRench » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:09 am

JT325 wrote:
CoasterRench wrote:Is it possible to do Indiana Beach in one day, or suggest scheduling more than a day?

It's easy to hit everything once. But be warned, this is the first year for the new company, and the park is still putting itself back together. On our visit a few weeks ago, closed rides included Tig'ger, Lost Coaster, Giant Wheel, Shafer Queen, Log Flume and the new Super Loop... Operations are still as bad, if not worse than in past years. And the previously wonderful Hoosier Hurricane was still full of painful potholes. I hope the new company can pull it all together in the next couple years.

If you are going out of your way, or pulling time away from another park, I would say hold off to see if the park improves next year.

Indiana Beach used to be the sort of place we wanted to spend more TIME and MONEY, because it was so fun. The atmosphere, the rides, the lights at night, everything. Sort of a smaller Knoebels on the lake.

We aren't planning on going until next summer, we were planning on going from Holiday World to Indiana Beach to Six Flags Great America. I have always heard great things about Indiana Beach, although maybe I should hold off another year, and move our trip to go across Pennsylvania towards Six Flags Great Adventure.
Steel: 91 Wood: 28 Total: 119

Top Five
5. Diamondback, 4. Banshee, 3. Hollywood, Rip, Ride, Rockit, 2. Incredible Hulk, 1. Millennium Force

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:42 am

I think with one solid off season, IB should be able to get their things in order and really come back much stronger in '17. Just my two cents.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby The Geek Mojo » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:14 am

Hopefully 2017 will be better. I went in 2014 and it was a real crap hole. I can deal with rides not working but their operations there was godawful. Hopefully Apex turns that place around.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:06 am

Its worth a stop. We went a couple weeks ago and pretty much everything was running besides lost coaster. Coaster operations were horrible but the trip was still fun! Worth a stop at least
1.Maverick 2.Lighting Run 3.Fury 4.Afterburn 5.Raptor 6.GoliathSFGAM 7. Storm Chaster 8.Thunderhawk 9.Raging Bull 10.Shivering Timbers 11.Millennium Force

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:20 am

JT325 wrote:On our visit a few weeks ago, closed rides included ... Log Flume

What, they have a log flume? How did I miss this?

But yeah, it's easily done in one day, and it's definitely worth a visit (Cornball, Steel Hawg and the Drop Tower are worth the visit by themselves). I went in 2015 and had a great time.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby JT325 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:06 am

CoasterRench wrote:We aren't planning on going until next summer, we were planning on going from Holiday World to Indiana Beach to Six Flags Great America. I have always heard great things about Indiana Beach, although maybe I should hold off another year, and move our trip to go across Pennsylvania towards Six Flags Great Adventure.

If you are going across Pennsylvania, they have a BUNCH of parks that are light years better than any Six Flags or Indiana Beach (but Holiday World IS awesomeness!) I would also add that the time it used to be at Indiana Beach is at night... but I haven't been there at night in years as we have always left early due to the crumminess since the Spackman's sold it 8 (??) years ago. It went down the tubes so fast.
#CPFrontierLift2019

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!