Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

P. 71: Indiana Beach announces Larson Super Loop
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:52 pm

Voyager6442 wrote:If I went to the park next week, would I be likely to find a lot of the rides not operating? If so, I'd rather save the visit for another time. Thanks.

I actually called the day before and the morning of my visit there as it was a two-hour drive from where I was staying. I was told that "every coaster should be running fine," only to arrive at the park and find that both Cornball and Lost Coaster had sections of track removed. If you're going specifically for Lost Coaster, it might be wise to at least try calling ahead of time (although that didn't work well for me), and I'd still proceed with caution. There's plenty of cool stuff to do there, but they're clearly struggling to keep the place operational right now.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:15 pm

^ Based on that I definitely wouldn't trust the answer. The park does have a strong enough collection of rides to absorb some being down but it still shouldn't be that way.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby drummermattk » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:55 am

Hello all, i was posting in regards to my upcoming visit this friday to the park. This will be my first time there and would like some info on what to do first, rides to skip out on, great places to eat (with reasonable prices) and great places to get souvenirs!
Top 5: 1.Fury 325 2.Maverick 3.Lightning Rod 4.Voyage 5.I305
I've visited: 19 Parks,Rode 81 Steel Coasters,33 Wooden Coasters,which is a total of 114 credits
check out CoasterMatt Productions: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCEIBVYHqjtsfqAHCCO0mzQ/videos

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:46 am

Based on my experience, a ride could close at any given point and not reopen (assuming it even opens for the day).

For that reason, I would recommend hitting Cornball Express first in the back seat since that ride was insanely good and a top 5 wooden coaster for me. The ride only ran for about a half hour during my visit due to an issue with the train.

After Cornball, I would hit Lost Coaster since that ride had one of the worst capacities I have ever seen on a coaster. When every other ride was a less than 5 minute wait, Lost Coaster had an hour wait. If you want any rerides on it, you should get them before the line forms. Make sure you ride going in reverse.

From that point, you shouldn't have any issues with lines, just closures.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:24 pm

^^ Make sure you do Fascination and the upcharge haunted house!

Really, Indiana Beach is pretty straightforward. All the places to eat are cheap, all the rides are good, you'll have fun. Don't go in with super high expectations or you may be disappointed, but be realistic and the place will be a lot of fun.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby jray21 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Playing Fascination is always a good decision.

Postby prozach626 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:55 pm

drummermattk wrote:Hello all, i was posting in regards to my upcoming visit this friday to the park. This will be my first time there and would like some info on what to do first, rides to skip out on, great places to eat (with reasonable prices) and great places to get souvenirs!

How was your visit?

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!