Lagoon Discussion Thread

P. 137 - TPR's Official Cannibal POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Lagoon Discussion Thread

Postby linearinduction » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:12 pm

Jetstar2 wrote:
jonskinny12 wrote:Assuming these are new trains for Roller Coaster, any idea how much testing they'll need to go through? I'm guessing we can rule it out for opening weekend if they're still sitting in a pavilion.

Lagoon doesn't seem to prioritize having things ready for opening weekend, but I still don't think it's impossible. While these trains aren't even ready for testing, word is that another train was in a much more complete state in a different pavilion a few weeks ago. They could have been testing with that train already. When I went to the park they had lifts up to the western turn of Roller Coaster and 2 guys up there walking back and forth checking out the track. That doesn't mean much, but I think there is a possibility it could run opening weekend with one train. It is of course also possible that it won't be running for months. With Lagoon nobody (who's willing to say so) knows.
I would disagree that Lagoon doesn't try to have new rides open on opening day.

Since I've attended opening days for 21 years now, Rocket Catapult, Spider, Dragonfly, Kontiki, Bat, Dino Drop, Lady Bug Bop, OdySea, Jumping Dragon, and BomBora were all open and operating on Opening Day.

Wild Mouse, Red Rock Rally, and Tipsey Tea Cups were held up in Customs longer than expected, and thus all opened 3 weeks later. Air Race was Zamperla's fault, due to the fact they neglected to schedule one of their electricians to commission the ride for Lagoon's Opening weekend. Wicked had weldment issues on the columns and had to be disassembled more than twice, re-manufactured, re-painted, and re-assembled, and Cannibal was due to it being a one of a kind ride and Lagoon being a first time ride manufacturer. Not sure about Flying Tigers and Ruka Safari, but being from Zamperla, it was probably customs again.

jonskinny12 wrote:Assuming these are new trains for Roller Coaster, any idea how much testing they'll need to go through? I'm guessing we can rule it out for opening weekend if they're still sitting in a pavilion.
From a mechanical stand point, in regards to new trains, it's like it's a new ride, as Millennium Flyers are not a straight across vehicle replacement from the same manufacturer. Everything from brakes, lift speed, etc. has to be calibrated and programmed from nothing. The only programming that might remain the same is the whole transfer sequence.

Once someone witnesses one of the new trains operating, I would imagine it could take up to 4 weeks before it passes the Maintenance and S&S Inspections and is handed over to the operations department for training, and then maybe up to 2 more weeks until it opens to the public.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Don't You Know Who I Am? LagoonisFun.com

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Jetstar2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:17 pm

Lagoon allowed people into the parking lot and front office today to pick up season passes early. Some photos of Roller Coaster's retracking and a shot of the profile of a funky new Millennium Flyer with headrests are up at:

https://www.lagoonisfun.com/showthread.php?tid=5671&page=22

Postby Jetstar2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:50 pm

Photographic confirmation of Lagoon's new and unusual Millennium Flyers from today's event.

lagoon_roller_coaster_millennium_flyers_confirmed.jpg

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:53 pm

Does anyone know when the park is planning to get the rollercoaster re-open? I'll be there Sunday April 14th. Hoping it is!
Yankee Cannonball <3

Postby linearinduction » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:13 pm

ScreaminNewEngland wrote:Does anyone know when the park is planning to get the rollercoaster re-open? I'll be there Sunday April 14th. Hoping it is!
It usually takes Roller Coaster 3-4 Weeks from first runs to open. They haven't sent a train through the system yet, so it would be a darn near miracle for it to open by the 14th.

Postby Jetstar2 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:46 pm

linearinduction wrote:
ScreaminNewEngland wrote:Does anyone know when the park is planning to get the rollercoaster re-open? I'll be there Sunday April 14th. Hoping it is!
It usually takes Roller Coaster 3-4 Weeks from first runs to open. They haven't sent a train through the system yet, so it would be a darn near miracle for it to open by the 14th.

I hear there's a chance, though certainly not a guarantee that this particular darn miracle might just come true. Oh, and also, here's something:

Postby linearinduction » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:04 pm

Jetstar2 wrote:
linearinduction wrote:

I hear there's a chance, though certainly not a guarantee that this particular darn miracle might just come true. Oh, and also, here's something:

I myself hope for a miracle, but the park stated weeks, not months. That gives them another up to 8 weeks to be accurate.

Postby Jetstar2 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:39 am

What is your signature supposed to mean? I know the guy who runs that site and you aren't him. lol

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:09 am

Anyone going to the park this weekend (7th - 8th)? I'm considering going Saturday, but I don't wanna be alone! I'd love to meet some fellow Utahn TPR peeps.
Credits: 170
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick
Instagram @west.coast.thrills

Postby Jetstar2 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:13 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Anyone going to the park this weekend (7th - 8th)? I'm considering going Saturday, but I don't wanna be alone! I'd love to meet some fellow Utahn TPR peeps.

Didn't you say you're buying a one-day pass one time before you start working there? If you won't have a season pass for a few months you might do better to wait until the following weekend. There's going to be a lot more of us there that weekend because there's a rumor that an unnamed roller coaster could be opening then... and this rumor isn't coming from some facebook post about 'weeks not months'. Of course, there can always be unforseen complications, which is why there's no official date.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!