Lagoon Discussion Thread

P. 137 - TPR's Official Cannibal POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: Lagoon Discussion Thread

Postby Jetstar2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:14 am

Riding Jet Star 2 is a generally unpleasant experience. It was somewhat better long ago when single riders were allowed, decreasing crotch and potential head contact with other riders. It's got a cool name though.

My previous report that Roller Coaster's station roof had been removed was incorrect, but I still hear it's getting new trains.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:58 pm

linearinduction wrote:
Rollercoaster Rider wrote:
jray21 wrote:^ :lmao: I had no clue they would give you an employee! I've never rode it because I've only visited there by myself.

I apologize, When I said Employee, I meant Ride-Op working Jet Star 2.
No one made you ride Jet Star 2 now did they? lol I believe I rode it with Guy, if I remember correctly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes. Thank you Sid for taking that bullet for me. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Oh, It looks like I have a gig there in SLC at the end of the summer next year. I will be looking to spend a couple of extra days to head out to Lagoon again. This pleases me greatly. :br

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby linearinduction » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Guy T. Koepp wrote:
linearinduction wrote:
Rollercoaster Rider wrote:
jray21 wrote:^ :lmao: I had no clue they would give you an employee! I've never rode it because I've only visited there by myself.

I apologize, When I said Employee, I meant Ride-Op working Jet Star 2.
No one made you ride Jet Star 2 now did they? lol I believe I rode it with Guy, if I remember correctly.

Yes. Thank you Sid for taking that bullet for me. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Oh, It looks like I have a gig there in SLC at the end of the summer next year. I will be looking to spend a couple of extra days to head out to Lagoon again. This pleases me greatly. :br
Just give me a couple weeks warning, I mean notice.

Don't You Know Who I Am? LagoonisFun.com

Postby Jetstar2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:08 pm

Something is is beginning to happen at Lagoon.

Hydro Luge is being dismantled and it looks like a high-voltage line is being installed leading to its location. This is the location that was predicted for the rumored 2019(ish) 'Primordial' coaster.

These pix and more at:
http://www.lagoonisfun.com/showthread.php?tid=5729&pid=75854#pid75854

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby mark549 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:46 pm

Jetstar2 wrote:Hydro Luge is being dismantled and it looks like a high-voltage line is being installed leading to its location. This is the location that was predicted for the rumored 2019(ish) 'Primordial' coaster.

If they build a "Primordial" themed coaster it would be nice to have a food stand next to it that serves soup. :)

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby linearinduction » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:18 pm

mark549 wrote:
Jetstar2 wrote:Hydro Luge is being dismantled and it looks like a high-voltage line is being installed leading to its location. This is the location that was predicted for the rumored 2019(ish) 'Primordial' coaster.

If they build a "Primordial" themed coaster it would be nice to have a food stand next to it that serves soup. :)
This would be Awesome!!!!!

Don't You Know Who I Am? LagoonisFun.com

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby WestCoasterKing » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:25 am

Is there any kind of rumor as what kind of coaster this Primordial is/was supposed to be? Steel, wood. In house, out of house?

Postby Jetstar2 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:06 am

WestCoasterKing wrote:Is there any kind of rumor as what kind of coaster this Primordial is/was supposed to be? Steel, wood. In house, out of house?

The original rumor was that it would be a mostly indoor, interactive, in-house, dark ride coaster built in an artificial mountain, something like Wonder Mountain's Guardian. Later I heard that the interactive feature they were testing involved shooting actual physical balls from the train and that didn't work out, so the plan had changed.

Since then I've heard that it would be:
1. ART Rapids Flume (not a coaster)
2. GCI Woodie
3. B&M
4. So intense it will make Cannibal look like a kiddie ride.

Each of these claims has come from somebody connected to the park in some way, so take your pick. I have no idea anymore.

Some people might say it will definitely be in-house because Lagoon has proven they can do it. I think it's possible that Lagoon learned how difficult and budget overrunny in-house coasters can be with Cannibal and might look at other options.

I have a feeling some people who will see this know something more but don't feel like sharing. I say, tell us what you think/know. The earth will continue to spin and everything will be fine. The worst thing that's going to happen is that some people outside of Utah may show some interest in Lagoon (maybe).

*edit: Or tell me what you think/know and I'll pass it on without revealing your identity.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:26 am

Jetstar2 wrote: So intense it will make Cannibal look like a kiddie ride.

Will you have to sign a waiver? Will there be counselors at the exit? :lmao:
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:17 am

I can't wait to see what they end up doing! It's a great park, and they do a good job with the rides.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!