Lagoon Discussion Thread

P. 137 - TPR's Official Cannibal POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Lagoon Discussion Thread

Postby linearinduction » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:38 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:I know they "technically" aren't Millennium Flyer trains due to track gauge and what not, but for all intents and purposes the seats and restraints look and feel identical.
These custom trains are the same gauge as all other GCI trains, as we're the PTC trains the same gauge as all others. I don't know where you got the information about a change in gauge, but it is absolutely incorrect.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Don't You Know Who I Am? LagoonisFun.com

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:19 am

linearinduction wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:I know they "technically" aren't Millennium Flyer trains due to track gauge and what not, but for all intents and purposes the seats and restraints look and feel identical.
These custom trains are the same gauge as all other GCI trains, as we're the PTC trains the same gauge as all others. I don't know where you got the information about a change in gauge, but it is absolutely incorrect.

I thought I remember reading it somewhere, but of course I'm probably wrong. But I do know that the park does not refer to them as Millennium Flyers. There is something about them that is custom, besides the headrests obviously. It must be something in the chassis/wheel assembly that we are unable to see, because the seats and restraints themselves feel just like other GCIs.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Postby linearinduction » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:48 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:
linearinduction wrote:

I thought I remember reading it somewhere, but of course I'm probably wrong. But I do know that the park does not refer to them as Millennium Flyers. There is something about them that is custom, besides the headrests obviously. It must be something in the chassis/wheel assembly that we are unable to see, because the seats and restraints themselves feel just like other GCIs.
I'm guessing the higher seat backs and on board lap bar position monitoring system may have something to do with the lower height requirement of 46", which may be why they are custom. I'm also thinking other GCI trains with theming may also be "GCI Custom Trains" and not Millennium Flyers.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Jetstar2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:26 pm

I'd hope Lagoon hasn't contractually forbidden GCI from ever speaking about the project and we'll actually learn about these details whenever Lagoon decides to 'officially' open the ride.

Oh, and at the risk of repeating myself, I've met the guy who runs lagoonisfun.com and linearinduction isn't him, so what's that signature supposed to mean?

Postby linearinduction » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Jetstar2 wrote:I'd hope Lagoon hasn't contractually forbidden GCI from ever speaking about the project and we'll actually learn about these details whenever Lagoon decides to 'officially' open the ride.

Oh, and at the risk of repeating myself, I've met the guy who runs lagoonisfun.com and linearinduction isn't him, so what's that signature supposed to mean?
Awww, I'm so flattered you are continuingly obsessed with me, but I already have a husband.

Postby Jetstar2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:30 pm

Just not sure if you're taking credit for somebody else's work, or if there's some other meaning that you intend which isn't clear to me.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby JT325 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:47 pm

GCI trains, I mean... the look good I guess.

THESE are the trains you're looking for!
img-0-6877675-jpg.jpg
#CPFrontierLift2019

Postby Jetstar2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:56 pm

JT325 wrote:GCI trains, I mean... the look good I guess.

THESE are the trains you're looking for!

Those do look great, but I'd like to try going back to the original:

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby JT325 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:07 pm

^Could you imagine the awesomeness!? The Lagoon Coaster would be in everyone's top 5.
#CPFrontierLift2019

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:07 pm

MrSum1_55 wrote:My favorite wood coaster in the western US is actually Timber Terror at Silverwood. It is a very well-maintained CCI that runs with its original PTC's. It is packed with airtime and crazy laterals with no discomfort whatsoever. I would be sad to see anything modified on that ride (except for the final two airtime hills, which are a little weak compared to the rest of the ride. Everything else is perfect).

It's great to see a comment like this, especially since Timber Terror didn't rank particularly highly in the TPR coaster poll. Oh, and since I see you specified the United States, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite in that category, too!

^^Neat to see three-across seating from back when parks would allow three people if they all fit. I heard that on Coaster (Playland), a third rider would would fall out on the second drop. I kinda doubt it, but then again, it's Coaster.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!