TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

Are there any local grocery stores, restaurants, etc. that offer Lagoon discounts?

Costco. Right across the freeway from Lagoon.

I was just there yesterday. There's no Costco across the freeway from Lagoon. However, I bet the Harmon's across the freeway could possibly have some discounts. Don't quote me on that.

Costco definitely will have discounts. They can be found in many place around the area.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm confused, what's with the off center garage door at the top? Kind of hard to park that high up off the ground...

Hey so I work at Lagoon in the rides department and had the same question as you, so I asked a supervisor and the door is there because if one of the motors or plcs for the lift system in that tower goes out the only way to replace it is by crane. There are two cranes in the motor room at the top of the tower, one is used to move the motor or plc over from it's place to the space directily in front of the door where the other crane is used to lift it out of the door using a pivoting motion at which point a third crane would have to be moved onto the park to grab the motor and bring it down. Also I believe that is how they got the motors in there to begin with.

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting hole has been found at Lagoon!

lagoonholeBV.thumb.jpg.e389b8311ffbfeb32473810bf14700d7.jpg

Source: Beyond Vertical Blog

via Twitter

The location is at the corner of the walkway to Cannibal, kiddie corner to Samurai's backside. Does anyone know what would need a hole that big for it? Cannibal never required any excavation like this except for the tunnel, but was never that big.

• 4 months later...

Just new restrooms with a small expansion of the current edge of the park. No word on what will go in the old restroom spot, or what would be part of the expansion. Said to happen in 2018.

Right now most speculation also says Hydro Luge (a water slide complex) could be removed for the expansion.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would think Ruka Safari is a Jump Around model. But a Demolition Derby ride is a fair choice. However, having two rides similar to Red Rock Rally (Flying Tigers being a similar Classic Whip configuration,) I find it odd they didn't go with a Happy Swing or many of the other kid rides Zamperla offers that are much more unique.

Hmm, I see. I think the Demolition Derby looks great, I also rode a Kite Flyer and thought it was awesome, but it seems to take extra time to load/unload.

Zamperla doesn't even list the Jump Around on their site anymore so I thought it might have been discontinued. Flying Tigers does seem an awful lot like Red Rock Rally, and the Jump Around seems a lot like Bulgy/Scalawags/OdySea, but I really don't care all that much, I'm interested in Terroride.

• 4 weeks later...

Breaking: Lagoon announces new ride for 2017!

Yes, Lagoon has finally announced the New Ruka Safari ride for 2017, only 8 days after it opened. At this rate I predict the park could announce another new ride that opened at the same time as soon as the end of this month!

I will be visiting saturday, May 27th, which is memorial day weekend. I have one full day there. I have a feeling that it is going to be extremely packed and will cause quite an issue trying to fit in all the major rides. I have a few questions on how to take the park in.

What is the best order to fit in the major coasters, log flume and rapids ride since i love water rides, and the major flats?

Ive been dying to ride a mondial top scan, but last i saw, samurai was not operating. That was a while ago. Is it operating now?

Are the restraints on any of the coasters not "large rider friendly"? I fit in RMCs, but im not sure what to expect out of Lagoons collection of coasters.

How are ride operations and how long should i expect to wait on a busy saturday? Do they have single rider lines or fast passes?

Are there any hidden gems in the park i cant miss?

So yeah, a lot of my questions will deal with the crowds. Ill be getting there right at opening so that might be the best time to get the major coasters in. Any help and advice is appreciated, thanks.

I will be visiting saturday, May 27th, which is memorial day weekend. I have one full day there. I have a feeling that it is going to be extremely packed and will cause quite an issue trying to fit in all the major rides. I have a few questions on how to take the park in.

What is the best order to fit in the major coasters, log flume and rapids ride since i love water rides, and the major flats?

Ive been dying to ride a mondial top scan, but last i saw, samurai was not operating. That was a while ago. Is it operating now?

Are the restraints on any of the coasters not "large rider friendly"? I fit in RMCs, but im not sure what to expect out of Lagoons collection of coasters.

How are ride operations and how long should i expect to wait on a busy saturday? Do they have single rider lines or fast passes?

Are there any hidden gems in the park i cant miss?

So yeah, a lot of my questions will deal with the crowds. Ill be getting there right at opening so that might be the best time to get the major coasters in. Any help and advice is appreciated, thanks.

You're probably right that it will be crowded. I don't really know how much the crowds have increased since Cannibal opened, but it has historically been possible to ride pretty much everything even on a crowded day. Looks like the park is open from 10 to 10 that day.

Assuming it's a warm clear day the park will be pretty crowded particularly between 1pm and 8pm. If it's really warm that would make the peak times a bad time to ride the water rides. Since Pioneer Village, where they are located, closes at 9pm it might be best to get those in early on. Cannibal will have the longest line. Assuming Cannibal opens when the park does (it might not), I'd say do it first then head for the water rides. Then ride whatever you can/want during the day and remember that the lines should get shorter closer to the park closing.

If it happens to be a rainy day, you're probably in luck. Weather in Utah fluctuates dramatically over short periods of time. If there's a downpour, tons of people won't stay. The weather will probably clear up and you'll have no problems getting on rides.

I have no idea when Samurai will be working. It seems like this happened before, and it did eventually open but I don't know how long it took.

The only size issues I know about are that people who ride in the same row of Wild Mouse have to be about the same size, and Samurai and Cliffhanger have specific seats for larger riders. Obviously there is some size limit on any ride, but if you can get on most rides I'm sure you'll be fine at Lagoon.

Ride operations are somewhere between fine and very good. Air Race operates painfully slow which I believe is the ride's fault, and there may be other exceptions.

It's hard to say how long the waits will be. I think you'll find them shorter than you might expect. I grew up going to Lagoon. I'm not used to long waits for rides. When I went to parks in Japan and saw lines over an hour, or even two, I couldn't believe it. I think you'll only find hour+ waits on Cannibal at peak times. If the re-imagened Terroride opens by the time you visit it may have long lines too.

Cannibal and Wicked have single rider lines. They may or may not be quicker than the normal line, so watch them. There are no fast passes. You can't ride Jet Star 2 as a single rider.

Dracula's Castle and Rattlesnake Rapids are pretty well hidden and you shouldn't miss them.

You'll probably get a reply from somebody who knows more than I do before you go. Have fun!

When I was there yesterday, Samurai looked like it was put back together but not running or testing. It had the sign in front of the queue saying they were waiting for parts, so it could open soon or it could take a long while.

I've seen a number of people who couldn't fit in Cannibal, and some of them look like people I've seen fit in RMCs.

Also as a single rider you can't ride in the front or back rows of Colossus or Roller Coaster.

• 4 weeks later...

So one last question before I head to the park next weekend. I was watching a video of Samurai, but I notice on it's sign it said 8 tickets. Is Lagoon a park where you pay per ride on top of park admission, or has that changed and they just haven't removed the sign?

So one last question before I head to the park next weekend. I was watching a video of Samurai, but I notice on it's sign it said 8 tickets. Is Lagoon a park where you pay per ride on top of park admission, or has that changed and they just haven't removed the sign?

Used to be that way, but no more. They do use them from time to time, but it's only for special cases.

Yeah, if you buy an all-day pass like most people you don't have to worry about the ticket thing. Also, you should know ahead of time Samurai hasn't opened yet this year. They have been working on it a lot though and it's possible it will be open next weekend, but maybe not.